Will you buy the 6T?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Yey or Ney?

• Yes, Look Great
    • Meh, will still get it
    • No, I have a 6
    • No, there are better phones

On 11/2/2018 at 3:39 AM, Donut417 said:

T mobile is giving 50% off with eligible trade ins. So, that might sway some people. I think with the savings its like $11 a month for 24 months. Thats not bad if you ask me. 

You can't root T-Mobiles 6T until you finish your contract.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Just now, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

You can't root T-Mobiles 6T until you finish your contract.

I dont root phones so I wouldnt care. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I dont root phones so I wouldnt care. 

Then it is an amazing deal

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

On 10/31/2018 at 6:52 PM, kevinisbeast707 said:

I don't completely disagree with you but the fact that you can ask someone if they have a pixel 3 and they'll actually be able to give you an answer of no rather than "what's a One plus?" means that you're probably sadly wrong. :(

I guess it depends on location.

From my experience, I have higher chances into running 1+ owner than Pixel owner... 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I would just rather get the 6. It has a great screen still, the notch looks cleaner, and there is a headphone jack. It still looks really great in real life. MKBHD's review of it was totally justified.

2 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

I guess it depends on location.

From my experience, I have higher chances into running 1+ owner than Pixel owner... 

dito. Here, literaly NOONE knows what Pixel is or Oneplus. Except for tech geeks. Makes no difference.

I have never in my life seen a Pixel smartphone in the wild. Just in some electronic shops to try out.

But, at least here in Germany, Google's Marketing is pretty much non-existent. Even if you can get it for a quite good price with the German T-Mobile or Vodafone. Never seen anyone who cared. It's basicly iPhone, Samsung or Huawei mostly. sometimes Sony or LG.

But that Oneplus is Google's "biggest competitor" (well, it's actually Apple and Samsung, since Google pretty much copies them.. Just quite bad. And thinks they have the right to take iPhone Prices for their devices) isn't really wrong, if you take the standpoint of "i want stock android experience". Just because some "plebs" never heared of Oneplus, doesn't make this argument worse or better.

Pixel smartphones don't turn "magically" into Garbage, just because literaly noone ever heared of them, except of tech-geeks/nerds.

But a nice thing to actually think about: i'm currently a Samsung S7 Edge user.. Would actually use it unto 2019, since it still works, aside from the typical "Samsung phones get slower after a while, and start to lag-problem"... i want to let the battery be replaced, gift it to my GF, and get myself a new toy, with a change.. more performance-oriented, more vanilla like. so Oneplus 6t or Pixel 3 XL (i preter the bigger size rather than the small one). And if i try to compare them both as non-biased as possible, i have honestly more complains with the Pixel 3 XL, than i have with the Oneplus 6t.

The only thing i would wish for OP6t would be slightly better speakers, the Pixel camera (main AND the new front cameras), and MAYBE the 1440p resolution... i'll see wednesday if 1080p is noticeably less sharp than my 1440p S7 Edge. (and see if Oneplus 6t can make better Pictures than my S7 edge... I never had a Pixel, but as long it doesn't make worse images, i'm satisfied).

But Pixel 3 XL?

- small battery for the size

- Only 4gb Ram (even without the Ram Management Bug right now it would be not enough for my expectations), that's a pure Joke.

- Sound is way too asymmetrical if you consider how thick the bezels top and bottom are.

- the most ugliest notch ever. Cuts way too deep

- Chin isn't just too huge, and Chin thickness is NOT symmetrical to the Notch bezel thickness

- The radius of the "round corner" at the bottom is different than the radius at the top near the notch. And i think, the Radius of the Curve of the notch itself are 2 different radius too.. So 4, or at least 3 different radius curves.

- Notch  camera / speaker setup looks like this: O_o

- Pricing is way too high than what the Product should be worth actually. Base model should be 128gb, and the higher one 256gb. And even then, it would be 200 bucks too expensive. 

(i know, might be small things some people don't even notice... But i can't unseen them anymore lol. Also... Since it's almost double the Price, i nitpick more)

I can literaly find no words, how they could've fucked up the Design so bad, and can't imagine how the Design could be any worse than this pure mess - except putting the Notch not symmetrical in the middle.

Google knows how to make software... How all the Google services are connected with each other, and how they give me smart notifications when i need them (when my school ends, it shows me if i need to take a different route home when it's more traffic, etc), is awesome. But Marketing and Design, and to SOME extend Hardware (4gb Ram at that price is insulting) they really fail hard.

There are only 2 points, 2 Reasons why i would consider the Pixel 3 (XL) at all:

- Camera (pretty much the main reason to get a Pixel, when there are overall better phones out there)

- i NEED to have the new update as early as possible to sleep well at night.

And then, considering the Base Oneplus 6t model (549€), vs. the direct Pixel 3 XL 128gb competitor (1049€)... Except of 25€, this is literaly half the price.... ^^

Is the Camera worth 500 bucks? Very Difficult...

And to say Oneplus is suddenly not a competitor anymore, because in a specific Region some people know Pixel but don't know Oneplus? That argument doesn't really make any sense, Sorry :/ As if the Knowledge has anything to do with which phone competes with which other phone. Plebs aren't the referenze.

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

And then, considering the Base Oneplus 6t model (549€), vs. the direct Pixel 3 XL 128gb competitor (1049€)... Except of 25€, this is literaly half the price.... ^^

Is the Camera worth 500 bucks? Very Difficult...

And to say Oneplus is suddenly not a competitor anymore, because inge has anything to do with which phone competes with which other phone. Plebs aren't the referene.

€500 - Secondhand Fuji X100s/t, Rich GR, Sony, Nikon dlsr range.  Significantly better optics and performance.   No contest.

And the cost to pay someone that will carry the camera anywhere you go at all times? ^^

Even less if you carry it yourself.

Makes only sense, if you plan in first place to go to a specific place to take shots of anything specific. 

But otherwise? I'm not sure about you, but i will most certainly NOT carry any additional Device with me. Not in a normal day, not even in holiday.

And even tho i do care about audio quality and use high quality wired in-ears, i would NEVER use an additional external DAC/Amp combo, or a dedicated Player. Because it's annoying as hell to carry such a thick device around, when it comes in addition to your smartphone.

But i'm not a (semi-professional) photographer, that's why this will never be an Option, other than said specific special occasions.

4 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

And the cost to pay someone that will carry the camera anywhere you go at all times? ^^

Even less if you carry it yourself.

Makes only sense, if you plan in first place to go to a specific place to take shots of anything specific. 

But otherwise? I'm not sure about you, but i will most certainly NOT carry any additional Device with me. Not in a normal day, not even in holiday.

And even tho i do care about audio quality and use high quality wired in-ears, i would NEVER use an additional external DAC/Amp combo, or a dedicated Player. Because it's annoying as hell to carry such a thick device around, when it comes in addition to your smartphone.

But i'm not a (semi-professional) photographer, that's why this will never be an Option, other than said specific special occasions.

Ricoh GR fits in a jean pocket, but i get your point about minimalism, it is a fair one.

Indeed an interesting Camera^^

But yea, i would even wish to let my keys at home (access my home via fingerprint or NFC), and even payment via Smartphone only, so i have to carry only 1 thing around.

No issues in Winter, but.. Summer? Then i'm glad for every piece i could let at home XD

But sure, if you know you go to specific events.. This is not a difficult one. But always carrying it around "in case something comes up" is kinda meh.

Still, keep in mind.. My Opinion about cameras there comes from a pure Casual standpoint (just, in that case, i'm glad for everything better :P ).

There will probably be plenty that will be much happier with a OP + such a Camera, than going up to a Pixel.

If anyone's interested, i'll probably give a little Casual comparison between my current S7 Edge and the 6T when it arrives this week.

Currently I'm using a Pixel XL as my OP3 was stolen, and It's been getting a little long in the tooth but it's so difficult to find an actual replacement. Its camera is still fantastic and it has a headphone jack with battery life that actually gets me regularly through 2 days sometimes 3. But after the pie update, it's been getting really, really slow for some reason in really mundane things like opening hangouts. Like I'll click hangouts and it opens it to the loading white screen, and then I get to wait about 30 seconds for it to let me actually send a text. It doesn't even happen every time, sometimes I'll go to another app and switch back and it'll do the same thing for no reason. Long story short I was excited for the pixel 3 xl until I heard about the price at which point I was excited for the OP6t. UNTIL THEY REMOVED THE DAMN HEADPHONE JACK. So now it seems like my choice is between an lg v40/g7 or an s9+ and I've had bad experiences with both companies so at this point it looks like I'll just be waiting for my og pixel xl to die before a new phone. So gg oneplus. Y u do dis ?

35 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Currently I'm using a Pixel XL as my OP3 was stolen, and It's been getting a little long in the tooth but it's so difficult to find an actual replacement. Its camera is still fantastic and it has a headphone jack with battery life that actually gets me regularly through 2 days sometimes 3. But after the pie update, it's been getting really, really slow for some reason in really mundane things like opening hangouts. Like I'll click hangouts and it opens it to the loading white screen, and then I get to wait about 30 seconds for it to let me actually send a text. It doesn't even happen every time, sometimes I'll go to another app and switch back and it'll do the same thing for no reason. Long story short I was excited for the pixel 3 xl until I heard about the price at which point I was excited for the OP6t. UNTIL THEY REMOVED THE DAMN HEADPHONE JACK. So now it seems like my choice is between an lg v40/g7 or an s9+ and I've had bad experiences with both companies so at this point it looks like I'll just be waiting for my og pixel xl to die before a new phone. So gg oneplus. Y u do dis ?

Get a Oneplus 6 or a Samsung S9, both of their prices have recently dropped.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:11 PM, Darkseth said:

The Audioquest Dragonfly DAC is an interesting beast in that regard. It's the size of a USB stick. You can plug it into your phone with an adapter (OTG cable) and your phone becomes a serious digital audio player. Yeah, it's an ugly solution compared to the LG G7 or V40's built-in quad DAC. But it works with any phone. Me personally, I can't tell the difference between that and the super tiny iPhone headphone dongle. I don't get the fuss with portable DACs because I never see myself using full-size high impedance headphones in public. I just have a good set of earphones.