Mantle = 45% better performance

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

This website. Do not trust.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Hoping for the best here.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Cool, now waiting for kavari laptops

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

why the fuck are they comparing a decent apu with a 4670k. I doubt that there is hardly anyone who plays them games on that cpu with no gpu.

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I am very, very sceptical about it. Even if it performs as advertised, how far can proprietary technologies get you these days? I mean, Physx hasn't really taken the world by storm because it only benefits users of Nvidia. 

Considering that Mantle is not even compatible with previous generations, how many developers will ditch the HUGE DirectX market base for Mantle?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

YAWN KAVERI

Here's the pitch:

"Mantle is 45% faster for gaming!*"

*On integrated graphics, compared to Intel.

Then they put a CGI bimbo in red latex on the box and hope nobody notices the fine print.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

YAWN KAVERI

Here's the pitch:

Exactly! Bring on the GPU benchmarks. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

This website. Do not trust.

I think someone posted this earlier today. Since its about 10:26AM in the UK. 45% faster than DirectX is what they presented in the CES AMD Event.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Yeah… Biased as hell. Bring me the 290X which beats the 780ti and I´ll believe it :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

The numbers look really good. What caught me the most was the 7850K vs 4670K with the 270X. I mean 7850K is very close to it in each game. Not to mention Kaveri seems to have much better performance/watt and is looking promising. 

Of course, we'll have to wait till it comes out for confirmed numbers but, I believe all this looks legit. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

YAWN KAVERI

Here's the pitch:

Then they put a CGI bimbo in red latex on the box and hope nobody notices the fine print.

Not entirely sure if you actually read the slide, AMD compared Mantle with DIrectX performance on a discrete R9 270X graphics card.

Proper source : http://www.overclock.net/t/1456706/purepc-pl-amd-kaveri-tech-day-relacja-na-ywo-z-las-vegas

On integrated graphics compared to Intel the 7850K is up to 91% faster than the i5 4670K WITHOUT Mantle.

Kaveri-Gaming-Performance.jpg

Mantle is up to 45% faster only in BF4, in the Nitrous Engine developed by Oxide games Mantle improves performance by 3X with a discrete R9 270X.

This was OBVIOUSLY not run on integrated graphics since Intel graphics do not support Mantle.

6ee8f82e_amd_kaveri_tech_day_2014_071b.j

The most interesting slide is likely this where 7850K + 270X is compared to 4670K + 270X.

On average the 4670K seems to pull ahead only by a frame or two while achieving a sizable advantage in Saints Row, on the other hand the 7850K also achieves a sizable advantage in Dirt Showdown.

A10-7850K-vs-Core-i5-4670K1.jpg

why the fuck are they comparing a decent apu with a 4670k. I doubt that there is hardly anyone who plays them games on that cpu with no gpu.

Actually I was for about 7 months before I bought a discrete GPU.....

So yeah people who play on APU's exist

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Because the APU is $170USD and the 4670K is around the $240 mark. If they paired that 4670K with an extra GPU, even like a 260X that would equal close to $370. 

$200 difference with the latter combination performing ever so slightly better. 

In other words, it's the best thing that makes sense in the scenario they were trying to create in that particular chart.

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Who are those slides meant to? No informative value regarding mantle. I want direct comparison of gpu perf.

And yes, i want to see that slide 27.

Hoping for the best here.

you have the best avatar i have ever seen

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Man I haven't played tomb raider yet... Is it worth the time?

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Man I haven't played tomb raider yet... Is it worth the time?

Yes best game I played all last year and the only one I bothered to finish.

Because the APU is $170USD and the 4670K is around the $240 mark. If they paired that 4670K with an extra GPU, even like a 260X that would equal close to $370. 

$200 difference with the latter combination performing ever so slightly better. 

In other words, it's the best thing that makes sense in the scenario they were trying to create in that particular chart.

But it's not an apple to apples to comparison, APU's (i.e. Kaverii) are meant to be used as stand alone while it is expected that people who invest in an i5 4670K would get a dedicated solution (i.e. 290, 780, etc.) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Someone already posted this.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

well hope its true than i shall get AMD

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

In BF4 AMD claims a 45% performance uplift and 300% in Oxide Games' new engine.

f53e2d2b_amd_kaveri_tech_day_2014_075b.j

http://www.overclock.net/t/1456706/purepc-pl-amd-kaveri-tech-day-relacja-na-ywo-z-las-vegas

Remember its says up to, im thinking the biggest difference is with lower end cards eg if a card go from 16fps to 20fps then thats a big difference.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1