Funimation leave's Crunchyroll's VRV on Nov 9

AlexOak

This makes me sad, the only reason i even use vrv app is because everything i watch is all in one app and in one price. But with this gone now i don't even know if the sub is still worth it. 

Crunchyroll has announced that Funimation has decided to break off the two anime streaming services' partnership. Both Crunchyroll and Funimation have been partnered for the past two years, but the two will officially split on November 9.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/crunchyroll-and-funimation-break-up-while-another-/1100-6462645/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

Ah, so I'm guessing Funimation will solely be using their own site in the beginning of November then?

Seriously, I wish companies knew how much I despise them all deciding they want their "personal version of Netflix" or whatever, nothing like using a dozen different applications/sites just to watch what I want to...someone should seriously make some kind of aggregation app that let's you sign into everything so you can watch it all in one place.

15 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Ah, so I'm guessing Funimation will solely be using their own site in the beginning of November then?

Seriously, I wish companies knew how much I despise them all deciding they want their "personal version of Netflix" or whatever, nothing like using a dozen different applications/sites just to watch what I want to...someone should seriously make some kind of aggregation app that let's you sign into everything so you can watch it all in one place.

But consumers love having an app for everything! They have to pay a monthly fee just like cable for each addition :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

55 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

LTT did a review/overview of a device that attempts to do this. Basically, it has a bunch of HDMI ports on the back, and you can plug in different devices (Roku, Chromecast, etc), and it has one UI that will search all accounts you've signed into (it only supports a set list of them, mind you) and lets you search across accounts.

No idea how well it works. The LTT video made it look a bit of a pain.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

LOL, people still paid premium for Crunchyroll? They are missing a lot of good anime that I don't think the premium is worth any money from me. 

44 minutes ago, Lurick said:

But consumers love having an app for everything! They have to pay a monthly fee just like cable for each addition :D

Just the thought of what the consumer landscape will be like in 5 years makes me just want to put a bullet in my head xD

It's like everyone realized that the general public hates cable companies and somehow decided that if they all became little mini cable companies we would all like that more?

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

LTT did a review/overview of a device that attempts to do this. Basically, it has a bunch of HDMI ports on the back, and you can plug in different devices (Roku, Chromecast, etc), and it has one UI that will search all accounts you've signed into (it only supports a set list of them, mind you) and lets you search across accounts. 

No idea how well it works. The LTT video made it look a bit of a pain.

That's an interesting thought, never considered a hardware solution. I would prefer a software solution honestly that I can just download as most of my stuff is web-based.

47 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

What is crunchyroll and what is vrv?

ok its Anime streaming but what is vrv?

VRV is a streaming service and partnership between Crunchyroll, Funimation, Roosterteeth, Mondo, Channel Frederator, and a few other networks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

55 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

VRV is a streaming service and partnership between Crunchyroll, Funimation, Roosterteeth, Mondo, Channel Frederator, and a few other networks.

I have never heard of those networks.

I personally thought VRV died... But then again.... I know why I thought that... "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION"

IMO I'm not surprised this is happening... Most companies are not looking at it on a consumers side but profitable side. If they can charge $3 a month per user it is likely a whole lot more than getting say 0.00001 per user (or some ridiculously low amount based on times viewed).

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I have never heard of those networks.

Mondo did Happy Tree Friends

Roosterteeth does Red vs Blue

Frederator is the studio responsible for Bravest Warriors, a handful of Nickolodeon carttons, and I believe Adventure Time (which IMO is unforgivable)

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Roosterteeth does Red vs Blue

I actually stopped watching that series after season 5 or 6 it didn't seem interesting after 5 really. I now watch rwby and nomad.

That said they too are moving away platforms (possibly getting into trouble with YouTube trying to push people away to watch a full Ep of rwby chibi)

On 10/19/2018 at 5:55 PM, DaPhuc said:

LOL, people still paid premium for Crunchyroll? They are missing a lot of good anime that I don't think the premium is worth any money from me. 

Yeah Crunchyroll has alot of issues.  If you go to their site its quite dated and they just recently (like within the past 2 months) just made the switch to HTML5 for their video player and were using flash for the longest time.  They keep trying to push stupid little promos of their staff talking about attack on titan or why some certain NFL player is a fan of anime instead of trying to get new series added to their catalog.  I won't even go near and touch on that travesty of High Spice "woke" Guardians.     

Bottom line I'm paying Crunchy to provide damn subbed anime and they seem to want to do everything but that.  No anime = no money.