1080 Ti with EK water cooling

Hi,

I've just inserted my MSI Armor 1080 Ti into the loop.

The loop is made of:

- 360x120x60mm radiator + 3x120mm fans (pull)

- EK D5 pump

- EK water blocks for CPU and GPU (full cover)

I've tested the temps for more than 1 hour and the results for GPU are (25oC room temperature):

- max 62oC for GPU under full load, but with vents and pump at low-medium speeds and some OC (117% max power limit, +100Mhz GPU, +200Mhz memory)

- 55-60oC for GPU playing GTA 5 at 4k, ultra settings (99% GPU usage)

- 40oC for GPU at idle after stopping a game (I suppose this should be close tot the water temperature)

What do you think?

GPU-Loop.jpg

15 hours ago, bographics said:

Hi,

I've just inserted my MSI Armor 1080 Ti into the loop.

The loop is made of:

- 360x120x80mm radiator + 3x120mm fans (pull)

- EK D5 pump

- EK water blocks for CPU and GPU (full cover)

I've tested the temps for more than 1 hour and the results for GPU are (25oC room temperature):

- max 62oC for GPU under full load, but with vents and pump at low-medium speeds and some OC (117% max power limit, +100Mhz GPU, +200Mhz memory)

- 55-60oC for GPU playing GTA 5 at 4k, ultra settings (99% GPU usage)

- 40oC for GPU at idle after stopping a game (I suppose this should be close tot the water temperature)

What do you think?

GPU-Loop.jpg

All i can say beautiful rig kudos to you

Very nice rig. 

I find the temperatures to be higher than expected but it's really difficult to say... You're also cooling CPU and GPU + VRM on the same loop so that may be the reason. 

You may also not have as good air flow as I do or you're just not blasting the fans as much. 

I have the 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid that uses 120mm AIO. 

I rarely get over 55°C on the core with the same room temp. 

I have core at around 2025MHz to 2050MHz, VRAM at 12400MHz and 127% power limit. 

I use EKWB Vardar F3 fan on the rad which runs at 100% RPM under load. 

Rad is top exhaust in push configuration, it gets air directly from the front intake before my CPU tower cooler. 

10 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Very nice rig. 

I find the temperatures to be higher than expected but it's really difficult to say... You're also cooling CPU and GPU + VRM on the same loop so that may be the reason. 

You may also not have as good air flow as I do or you're just not blasting the fans as much. 

I have the 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid that uses 120mm AIO. 

I rarely get over 55°C on the core with the same room temp. 

I have core at around 2025MHz to 2050MHz, VRAM at 12400MHz and 127% power limit. 

I use EKWB Vardar F3 fan on the rad which runs at 100% RPM under load. 

Rad is top exhaust in push configuration, it gets air directly from the front intake before my CPU tower cooler. 

Thanks for your appreciation :)

I have also Vardar F3-120 on my 360mm rad, but usually I'm not keeping them at full speed.

I don't know If I am able to push the power limit of my card over 117%, but should be enough for now. On air cooling this was not possible!

It is possible to see more temperatures for GPU, like VRM temps, or other?

30 minutes ago, bographics said:

Thanks for your appreciation :)

I have also Vardar F3-120 on my 360mm rad, but usually I'm not keeping them at full speed.

I don't know If I am able to push the power limit of my card over 117%, but should be enough for now. On air cooling this was not possible!

It is possible to see more temperatures for GPU, like VRM temps, or other?

Not unless there are sensors for it on the card. 

My FTW3 has the ICX sensors so I can monitor core, VRAM and VRM temps but to be honest, I think that only EVGA cards have this feature at the moment. 

You can always stick a thermal probe there though. 

I think your rig looks very nice. If possible though I would try to add another 240mm of rad space if possible. As a general rule I say use 120mm of space for each component + 120mm for each one you plan to OC. Which comes out to about 480mm of rad space... since I like having a little extra head room so I can reduce fan speeds a tad... the 360+240 would put you at 600mm which is plenty for lower rpm fan speeds and a nice cool rig

35 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Is that Mayhems Aurora, or Primochill Vue?

The liquid is EK-CryoFuel Navy Blue (UV).