A Personal Computer on the Television without a wire.

Hello my friends.

I would be delighted if anyone with more active braincells than me can answer my question but before I ask my 1 simple question,  I feel I have to provide some sort of context, otherwise I may not be communicating at a level that is understandable.

I would like to duplicate whatever is on my PC screen, be it Thunderbirds or the Dirty Dozen.  I know what you are thinking, but I can assure you that this is not an adult movie.  Anyhow I would like to duplicate this onto my TV at the flick of a switch,  the press of a button on my remote or better yet the clap of my hands for The Clapper.  Here is the catch tho, I would like to do this without any wires involved.

This inevitably brings me to my question. 

Q: How do I do this?

Lets leave the finances aside. I hope this is in someway possible.

I had this dream you see, I have an old style room with industrial decor and everything is genuinely as old, or should I say as young as me, I know. and anything that was invented after the 1950's is in someway or another hidden behind layers and layers of finely assorted assortments of stones you see and so in this dream I had a revelation.  I wont bore you with all the minute detailing's but two key words stood out long after I had awoken, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what these two words meant.  I had already forgotten the dream I had had,  however with these two words, I came to the conclusion that if I joined them together.  Life could be better.

Wireless-Video

Kindest Regards, 

Scott

Wireless HDMI is always going to have lower quality, and much higher response times. If you really need wireless, try this one from newegg

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

LTT did a video where they used a dongle for their boardroom projector, same idea, less wires and whatever 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

I was messing around with a Miracast adapter some years ago at work and it worked well enough. I don't remember if I tried watching videos with it but I was impressed by how easy it was to set up and use. You just connect using the Microsoft Wireless Display option (requires that you have Wi-Fi on your computer).

You can find some really cheap Miracast adapters on Amazon.

Wireless adapters still aren't amazing and can be really hit or miss. You can try the above mentioned, even microsoft has one for like $60 that seems to work fine with their surface devices, or any laptop for that matter. There really isn't a perfect solution for this yet unfortunately :(