Which should I learn

Zuref

I'm interested in computers, more specifically building them. I could get a job at my local computer shop or a big company but what does building computers fall in which degree/bachelor Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or is there something else? 

Thanks for any suggestions

I mean if I want to continue my interest which bachelor/degree should I choose. 

CompTIA+ certification is close, but I hear that the value behind it is beginning to fade. May want to start by just building PCs in general, then learning about the different standards for the components you encounter. But, don't take my word for it...

1 minute ago, Techicolors said:

computer science usually leads into software development 

then is Electrical and Electronic Engineering the way to go?

56 minutes ago, Zuref said:

I'm interested in computers, more specifically building them. I could get a job at my local computer shop or a big company but what does building computers fall in which degree/bachelor Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or is there something else? 

Thanks for any suggestions

There is no schooling required nor needed to build computers. Building is so easy, trouble shooting is so easy too when you can just swap out parts. I bet the ones that build the pc's at Memory Express are bottom rung employees that will work their way upwards.

If you want to try Electrical or Electronic then I would suggest the Electrical trade because its the cleanest, easy to learn for the first year test and second year, some say their 3rd year was tough but I think that depends on personal learning styles. Dont get into residential, they go just go fast fast fast, better to get into Industrial and Commercial, then if you can oil patch and you'd make a ton of money. Its not even funny the amount of cash even an untrained green horn can make in the patch but the name of the game is ideal. I vote for Electrical.

There's no degree specifically for building computers. That's not something that require a college degree to do. For computers there's a bunch of expensive certifications you can get that could help you lending a job in that field. The first and most well known probably being Comptia A+. Others like MCSE certification, CCNA certification and many others, would let you get a much better job than just building computers.

There's is computer engineering degree, which is kind of like Computer Science and Electrical Engineering mixed together and focuses on both hardware and software.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

There's is computer engineering degree, which is kind of like Computer Science and Electrical Engineering mixed together and focuses on both hardware and software.

I can't find any degrees for computer engineering, I'm looking at uni in my city. Uni SA, Adelaide Uni and Flinders Uni

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

Non of those. You can not study building computer.

PC building simulator?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

12 minutes ago, Zuref said:

I can't find any degrees for computer engineering, I'm looking at uni in my city. Uni SA, Adelaide Uni and Flinders Uni

Unfortunately, universities cannot provide courses for every possible degree out there. It's quite possible that in your entire country, you wouldn't find a single university that teaches a particular degree.

But I know it exist, because it is being taught at our local universities here.
http://www.concordia.ca/academics/undergraduate/computer-engineering.html

https://www.mcgill.ca/ece/

It may also have a different name, like I found this one
https://www.flinders.edu.au/study/courses/postgraduate-engineering-science-electrical-electronic

and this one

https://www.flinders.edu.au/study/courses/bachelor-engineering-software-honours

and this one too

https://www.flinders.edu.au/study/courses/bachelor-engineering-computer-network-systems-honours

But again, if all you want is to build computer, you don't need a degree. It doesn't hurt to have sure, but you don't need it. And certainly don't take advice on your future education choices on the internet, talk to a counselor. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Electrical technicians deal more so with “okay so I plug this into that. This part isn’t working because electricity is supposed to flow this way, so I’ll replace it.” 

IT is also similar but deals with a lot of software as well. 

Electrical engineers are like “okay so I’ll design the circuit like this to make the computer chip do this computation better.” 

You don't study it. 12 year olds build PCs all the time. 

That's an F in the profile pic

22 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Computer Science and Electrical Engineering

You make a great point.

I think the new tech is oil exploration technology. If you dont want to break a sweat in dirt and mud out in the cold tripping pipe on a lease or work in a big plant changing lightbulbs as an electrician, then the next best thing is being a suit in an office doing explore tech.

Schlumberger technologies

On 10/12/2018 at 8:15 PM, Zuref said:

I could get a job at my local computer shop or a big company

This is your best bets.

There is no growth in local computer shop, only growth in big company job.

What you got to learn is WORK ETHIC

it is lacking in todays youth.

37 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

This is your best bets.