HOW can I stop condensation in winter when leaving electronics in CAR????

WolfLoverPro

So it’s cold outside and as I go out until late I leave my laptop and iPad sometimes other phone in my bag to take 

and EVERYTIME I get home it’s got condensation on the screen and everything 

I know that it has happened for years now but nothing happened but I bought a new gaming laptop and I don’t want to even risk it lol

is there a way to stop it? Is there a anti condensation bag or should I just leave the devices turned on while running a 3D game on the phone lol

Try putting it in a bag that completely seals it off. I don't think it has to be anti-condensation per se. Just needs to be sealed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Condnesation is forming becouse the laptop has gotten cold form being out side, bringing it inside is causing the warm air in your house to condense on it.

The only way to stop this to stop the laptop getitng cold in the 1st place, or slowly warming it up instead of bringing it inside immediatly.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If you put your hand under the floor mats and push against the floor, does it feel moist?

If I do that in my car, my hand gets soaking wet, because I have a huge leaks in my car :P It killed a few dash cams. When it was at it's worst, I could hear the water flowing when I was braking or turning. At winter time, I've had to melt ice on the inside of the wind shield, and then wipe it away with a towel.

42 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees until they're golden brown.

Or if the laptop has a Shintel CPU, just run Prime95.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Try putting it in a bag that completely seals it off. I don't think it has to be anti-condensation per se. Just needs to be sealed.

So like an air tight bag ? 

Bechae my bag bag is just a hiking bag made of idk it’s not water proof tho 

so so if I put my phone into the sandwich bag XD LOL?

Wrap them up in a towel then when bringing them back in the house keep them in the towel for an hour before opening. This should stop condensation forming and if any condensation starts the towel will absorb it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 hour ago, Tosa said:

If you put your hand under the floor mats and push against the floor, does it feel moist?

If I do that in my car, my hand gets soaking wet, because I have a huge leaks in my car :P It killed a few dash cams. When it was at it's worst, I could hear the water flowing when I was braking or turning. At winter time, I've had to melt ice on the inside of the wind shield, and then wipe it away with a towel.

Hi this can be a serious problem for the health of your car. It can be a sign that the previous owner has left the windows open in the rain. Pull the spare wheel out of its well and check there is no water as this is the lowest point of the car so it's where the water naturally collects. If there is water scoop it out and any warm dry days you get leave the window cracked to allow the remaining water in the carpets etc to escape. If I had to guess the sloshing is probably coming from water in the wheel well as that's the only real place it could build up enough to slosh.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, moderategamer said:

Hi this can be a serious problem for the health of your car. It can be a sign that the previous owner has left the windows open in the rain. Pull the spare wheel out of its well and check there is no water as this is the lowest point of the car so it's where the water naturally collects. If there is water scoop it out and any warm dry days you get leave the window cracked to allow the remaining water in the carpets etc to escape. If I had to guess the sloshing is probably coming from water in the wheel well as that's the only real place it could build up enough to slosh.

I've dried it up several times using an electric heater and a power cord in my dad's garage, leaving a slight gap on the windows for the steam to escape. But I can't keep doing that everytime I've been out. But I don't think my hand would get wet if I went out right now and pressed my hand against the floor. Might be moist though.

But yeah, I need to do something about the leaks. One time I was in a car wash, I saw water running down from the ceiling into the passanger seat while it was spraying water on the top of the windshield. I also have a subwoofer in the trunk, and while my uncle was kind enough to replace the broken turbo for me a while back, he said he noticed there was a lot of moisture just where the power cable for the subwoofer comes through from the engine compartment.

That sucks, I had the same problem but mine was most likely just due to someone leaving the window open in heavy rain. I had to scrape ice of the inside of the windscreen like you and the windows would always fog up until I fixed the problem. The whole wheel well was full of water which I'm sure was the biggest factor as once I removed the water the problem became much less and eventually disappeared. Worth checking in your wheel well just to see as especially if you have a sub sitting right above it.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 hours ago, Tosa said:

I've dried it up several times using an electric heater and a power cord in my dad's garage, leaving a slight gap on the windows for the steam to escape. But I can't keep doing that everytime I've been out. But I don't think my hand would get wet if I went out right now and pressed my hand against the floor. Might be moist though.

But yeah, I need to do something about the leaks. One time I was in a car wash, I saw water running down from the ceiling into the passanger seat while it was spraying water on the top of the windshield. I also have a subwoofer in the trunk, and while my uncle was kind enough to replace the broken turbo for me a while back, he said he noticed there was a lot of moisture just where the power cable for the subwoofer comes through from the engine compartment.

...it really sounds like it's time for a new car. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, Tosa said:

You desperately need a new car...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

...it really sounds like it's time for a new car. 

2 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

You desperately need a new car...

Yeah, I'm pretty broke, so if anyone wants to do some charity, I'd love a new car. I'll be fine though.

Maybe Phil Swift can come demonstrate the power of Flex Tape on my car? Cut my car in half, by all means. As long as it doesn't leak afterwards.

I dunno, based off those demos I think he'd have to throw it off a cliff...just to be sure 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Only way to solve this is by not leaving these devices in the car out in the cold. You can't cheat physics. If there is temperature difference, it'll condensate.