Request for a "Perfect Audio Setup" buying and setup VIDEO!!

Go to solution Solved by kilgore_T,

perfect audio setup you say

I want to request a video for audio setup for professional recording. Not if sound cards are still relevant or how to set up a 7.1 system. But the best gear to use for audio recording for headphones and for external sound. For podcast mics and boom mics. For sound proofing. For sound drivers and maybe relevant sound cards if needed. And most important, specs to have zero latency while using an effects rack. Please oh please, this could be great material.

1) There is no perfect setup, and there is no such thing as 0 latency.

2) Why do you want a video on something that costs several million dollars and you will never be able to afford?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

2) Why do you want a video on something that costs several million dollars and you will never be able to afford?

Linus should stop making videos then :D 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

9 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

Linus should stop making videos then :D 

No, but like, Linus has far too few resources or experience to construct a "perfect audio setup"

You literally need to buy a plot of land, build a building from scratch with architects and construction engineers and audio engineers, and that's just for the walls and roof, not anything that goes inside.

Also he's not dumb enough to spend hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars on a video that will only make a few thousand dollars back in revenue.

The only expensive stuff he makes videos on are items that are directly benefiting and growing his company (eg a $100k red camera).

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

26 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, but like, Linus has far too few resources or experience to construct a "perfect audio setup"

You literally need to buy a plot of land, build a building from scratch with architects and construction engineers and audio engineers, and that's just for the walls and roof, not anything that goes inside.

Also he's not dumb enough to spend hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars on a video that will only make a few thousand dollars back in revenue.

The only expensive stuff he makes videos on are items that are directly benefiting and growing his company (eg a $100k red camera).

For the sake of the video, they could go to a studio and get a tour rather than building and buying everything themselves, but I agree it's a little outside the "scope" of the channel.  As Linus has said before, they try to do a little of everything to appeal to a wide range of people and maybe spark their interest in something they didn't know about, but if you want to dive deep into one particular thing, there's other channels better suited for that.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

For the sake of the video, they could go to a studio and get a tour rather than building and buying everything themselves, but I agree it's a little outside the "scope" of the channel.  As Linus has said before, they try to do a little of everything to appeal to a wide range of people and maybe spark their interest in something they didn't know about, but if you want to dive deep into one particular thing, there's other channels better suited for that.

Doing a studio tour would be the closest they could get IMO.

If OP hasn't seen it yet, maybe take a look at deadmaus' house tour which is kinda in the topic area.

But yeah, OP doesn't seem to understand how much money goes into a 'close to perfect' audio setup.

Spoiler

Its a topic that is way too subjective. Example many people consider "Hifi" to be a pair of $200 headphones and a headphone amp while someone else wouldn't consider any pair of headphones to be hifi. My dream two channel setup would be a pair of Martin Logan Renaissance speakers run off a McIntosh MC462 stereo amp with a thunder audioquest powercord. Alas I don't think the majority of Linustechtips viewers would get anything out of because that setup costs $50,000. 

Well. I guess i should of just said I'd settle for more audio videos. I didn't mean like all those things in one video. That be pretty crazy.