Amazon.uk defective product return costs.

Go to solution Solved by Origami Cactus,

Yeah amazon pretty much covers everything.

So today I ordered a Viewsonic XG2703-GS from Amazon.uk. I live in Greece. The total cost of the monitor, including shipping and currency conversion, was 700 Euros. 50 euros less from the cheapest greek shop.

If the product comes in defective (dead/stuck pixels), which I'm sure it will, will Amazon.uk cover the return costs and the new monitor's shipping costs?

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

3 minutes ago, hiimFred said:

So today I ordered a Viewsonic XG2703-GS from Amazon.uk. I live in Greece. The total cost of the monitor, including shipping and currency conversion, was 700 Euros. 50 euros less from the cheapest greek shop.

If the product comes in defective (dead/stuck pixels), which I'm sure it will, will Amazon.uk cover the return costs and the new monitor's shipping costs?

i believe so. In the US, a couple times, amazon has sent me the completely wrong product after i ordered something. In these cases, they provide me with the return label. I'm not sure about shipping costs of the new item, at the very least i believe they'd refund your previous shipping costs

3 minutes ago, Derrk said:

i believe so. In the US, a couple times, amazon has sent me the completely wrong product after i ordered something. In these cases, they provide me with the return label. I'm not sure about shipping costs of the new item, at the very least i believe they'd refund your previous shipping costs

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah amazon pretty much covers everything.

Wow that's a pretty big relief as you imagine. Because if I had to pay for returns etc, then I'd be better off buying the product straight from a greek shop.

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

29 minutes ago, hiimFred said:

any seller in the EU has to cover cost repair and shipping both ways in that case, it's irrelevant if it is Amazon.uk or any other site. Still note they are exiting EU in March so that may well end then.

5 minutes ago, asus killer said:

any seller in the EU has to cover cost repair and shipping both ways in that case, it's irrelevant if it is Amazon.uk or any other site. Still note they are exiting EU in March so that may well end then.

Does this have to do with EU law? Could you please be more specific as I am somewhat irrelevant with such matters?

Just now, hiimFred said:

Does this have to do with EU law? Could you please be more specific as I am somewhat irrelevant with such things?

yes, EU law.

39 minutes ago, hiimFred said:

if you're sure it will come in defective, then why order it?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

if you're sure it will come in defective, then why order it?

Because a man can hope...

14 minutes ago, hiimFred said:

Because a man can hope...

fair enough

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

8 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Single dead pixel are not a defect. 

^This.

Most monitors fall in class 2, which means they need to have 3 dead pixels or 5 sub pixels (pixels where at least 1 of the 3 LED in a pixel are not working) per 1 million pixels before it's a manufacturer defect.

Some manufacturers or stores may have exceptions to this rule, but that is the general rule they can follow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_13406-2

On the other hand, we have a law on 'buying from a distance' (basically buying from the internet or phone or such) where you have the right to return an item within 14 days of purchase without having to give a reason as to why.

Store could still be bitchy about it and say "well you opened it and that is not part of the law".. Which would be true though.

But that's a law in the Netherlands, don't think that is EU wide, but maybe your country of origin or the UK has a similar law.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If they say no, just throw "The Consumer Rights Act 2015" into the mix.

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

35 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Single dead pixel are not a defect. 

the OP did not mention if it where 1 or 100 dead pixels, so that was not also what i was replying. Assuming there is defect then warranty... if not... then no warranty the question becomes irrelevant. I have no idea really about the amount of dead pixels to become a warranty case. My monitors/phones never had a dead pixel and i expect never to get one (knock on wood). I guess i don't cheap out on quality :P

I don't even get why the OP wants so badly to buy a monitor with dead pixels, To Each His own, i was just commenting the warranty and shipping case.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:01 PM, asus killer said:

the OP did not mention if it where 1 or 100 dead pixels, so that was not also what i was replying. Assuming there is defect then warranty... if not... then no warranty the question becomes irrelevant. I have no idea really about the amount of dead pixels to become a warranty case. My monitors/phones never had a dead pixel and i expect never to get one (knock on wood). I guess i don't cheap out on quality :P

I don't even get why the OP wants so badly to buy a monitor with dead pixels, To Each His own, i was just commenting the warranty and shipping case.

The OP certainly doesn't want a dead pixel in his screen :P

On 9/19/2018 at 11:03 PM, James Evens said:

The good stuff have a zero dead pixel guarantee. The seller test the device before sending it out to you.

True. I remember 150-200 Euros monitors from LG used to have 0 dead pixel guarantee back in the day. Don't know if this is still the case though.

@Derrk @Origami Cactus @asus killer @James Evens @Minibois

Ok guys, let's all pretend we're talking about the original post, so I don't have to make a new one.

Amazon won't accept my payment. Any ideas why?

Is the product reserved for me still? Because there's only one in stock.

1 hour ago, hiimFred said:

@Derrk @Origami Cactus @asus killer @James Evens @Minibois

Ok guys, let's all pretend we're talking about the original post, so I don't have to make a new one.

Amazon won't accept my payment. Any ideas why?

Is the product reserved for me still? Because there's only one in stock.

Have you tried different payment options?

Are you using debit or credit?

Do you have enough money from the purchase?

Is the amazon you are buying from located in the same country?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

On 22/9/2018 at 8:14 PM, Origami Cactus said:

Have you tried different payment options?

Are you using debit or credit?

Do you have enough money from the purchase?

Is the amazon you are buying from located in the same country?

No, I just tried with my debit card. What other options are there?

Yes money are more than enough.

I'm buying from Amazon.uk. Product ships to Greece, no problem.