GTX 780 Lightning Water cooled

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a video series on the GTX 780 Lightning. My main goal is to overclock the GPU to the maximum to see how much performance I can squeeze out of this custom 780 by using a full cover waterblock and a custom loop.

1st video : Quick unboxing and overview of the GTX 780 Lightning.

2nd video : Waterblock installation + installation inside the computer alongside the other water cooled components.

3th video : Benchmarks - Stock config (no OC with fans) VS fully OC with waterblock.

What's left to do is the actual OC, the rest has already been filmed and the first video is mostly done. The games I tested were : Hitman Absolution, Assassin's Creed® 4 Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell® Blacklist™.

So I was wondering if there is anything else you want me to test / see in the videos ? Thanks

Here are some quick pictures (those are low res pic I took with my phone, the actual videos are 1080p high quality).

4iRHmEf.jpg

ULlJ8Ej.jpg

579ndiK.jpg

xPQbXd5.jpg

QZuYeam.jpg

lgyoMz6.jpg

V28HjiN.jpg

5uWIOgJ.jpg

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a video series on the GTX 780 Lightning. My main goal is to overclock the GPU to the maximum to see how much performance I can squeeze out of this custom 780 by using a full cover waterblock and a custom loop.

1st video : Quick unboxing and overview of the GTX 780 Lightning.

2nd video : Waterblock installation + installation inside the computer alongside the other water cooled components.

3th video : Benchmarks - Stock config (no OC with fans) VS fully OC with waterblock.

What's left to do is the actual OC, the rest has already been filmed and the first video is mostly done. The games I tested were : Hitman Absolution, Assassin's Creed® 4 Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell® Blacklist™.

So I was wondering if there is anything else you want me to test / see in the videos ? Thanks

Here are some quick pictures (those are low res pic I took with my phone, the actual videos are 1080p high quality).

That is amazing!

Well done!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

This thing is beautiful, gawd... Loving the first pic man!

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Does that rubber gas cap thing come off the GPU?

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

What case is that ?? :)

Looks like a 800D

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

wut ?

800D

The thing on the underside of the PCB, is it removable?

Does that rubber gas cap thing come off the GPU?

Yes, but then the nuclear fusion reactor explodes.

The thing on the underside of the PCB, is it removable?

The GPU Reactor ? Yes, but it's kind of required if you want serious OC, it's an additional PCB (under the plastic cap) that helps giving more + cleaner power to the GPU

Edit : In my video I explain what it is and I also remove it.

Turns out the card does OC very well and the 109% Power Limit enforced by NVIDIA is ridiculous. I can easily reach Core : +385 and Mem : +400, and I'm not even trying. Thanks to Skyn3t for its unlocked vBIOS (Power Limit up to 287). I'm also glad I tested multiple games since I got pretty much no additional FPS in Hitman, while I got a ~9% increase FPS in Batman. Anyway, let's see how much more I can get out of the Lightning...

NICE!! looking out for benchmarks

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

them temps :o plz donate a card to me.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Hum, so most sensors report 1.13v on the GPU core while my multimeter says it's 1.22v, which one should I trust ?

B7XPfaw.jpg

Look at that naked GK110, I want to make love with it :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Test out the new NFS Rivals...If you can get past 30fps, then I salute you..LOL :P

lmao

Hum, so most sensors report 1.13v on the GPU core while my multimeter says it's 1.22v, which one should I trust ?

B7XPfaw.jpg

the multimeter because it taking voltages directly from the card, while the modded bio you installed might have screwed up the sensors, either way a multimeter is more accurate than the software

Test out the new NFS Rivals...If you can get past 30fps, then I salute you..LOL :P

I'm pretty sure even integrated graphic on 640x480 can do it, however i know that once you fiddle with the code it'll speed up the game as well :|

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

the multimeter because it taking voltages directly from the card, while the modded bio you installed might have screwed up the sensors, either way a multimeter is more accurate than the software

Nope, turns out most consumer grade multimeters aren't that accurate. Apparently I need a good calibrated voltmeter that costs in the thousands of dollars, so I ended up trusting the sensors on the board instead. I don't think the card would have survived if the readings on the multimeter would have been correct so...

Impressive, I will be getting the MSI Twin Frozr GTX 780 soon.

http://uk.msi.com/product/vga/N780-TF-3GD5-OC.html#overview

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

That's one hell of a build.  :)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Sorry for the following inappropriateness

I just ejaculated thermal grease.

LOL water cooling! Call me back when you have liquid helium in that thing. Nub u hav no sweg!!!