Are you a fan of EDM?

DoubleY

Saying just "EDM" is a stretch, since EDM basically branches out into dozens of differen sub genre's and even some of those sub genres have their own sub genres. Take Dubstep for an example, it has it's own sub genres such as metalstep, hardstep, chillstep, etc. Then you have a bunch of sub genre's that have existed before the term "EDM" existed such as funk (I'd count it), Drum & Bass, Trance, synthesized (Some 80's Songs). 

Personally I love all types of music since they all basically share elements with each other. Everything shares it's aspects with other different genres of music: The beats of Hip Hop, the flow of R&B, the bass of Electro, the unique melodies of Pop, the simple acoustics of Country (I prefer without lyrics), etc.

I also like a lot of different branches of Electro, such as Drumstep, House, EDM, DnB, Glitch Hop, Trance and Nu Disco

That's kinda funny considering what I used to listen to was softer and then I felt like I need more bass in my life. People usually frown on dubstep because of little fanboys shouting Skrillex or going on about some dead rodents or something.  The main gripe I have with the various electronica artists are the ones who are lazy reusing the same repetitive beat. Same goes for those that have a 1min+ build up.

This is still my fav dubstep version of any song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0LwYLuXWhE

shiet mang does anyone here know anything? deadmau5 made literally only ONE dubstep song, he generally makes Progressive House

I used to hate dubstep but there are lots of variations of it it's hard not to like with some nice smooth bass

There are very few Dubstep songs I can get into. The only one I like is the Bassnecter remix of "Turn Off The Lights" from Nelly Furtado but that's mainly because I knew about that song before everyone started liking Dubstep. 

To me there isn't much variation but I guess it's pretty cool when you can make CCR relevant in the modern day with a bass drop. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

shiet mang does anyone here know anything? deadmau5 made literally only ONE dubstep song, he generally makes Progressive House

trollface.jpg

It's fun to rile up Deadmau5 fans, I'm sorry.  :P

That's kinda funny considering what I used to listen to was softer and then I felt like I need more bass in my life. People usually frown on dubstep because of little fanboys shouting Skrillex or going on about some dead rodents or something.  The main gripe I have with the various electronica artists are the ones who are lazy reusing the same repetitive beat. Same goes for those that have a 1min+ build up.

This is still my fav dubstep version of any song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0LwYLuXWhE

I was about to say Deadmau5 is definitely not Dubstep. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

There are very few Dubstep songs I can get into. The only one I like is the Bassnecter remix of "Turn Off The Lights" from Nelly Furtado but that's mainly because I knew about that song before everyone started liking Dubstep. 

To me there isn't much variation but I guess it's pretty cool when you can make CCR relevant in the modern day with a bass drop. 

Savant is quite interesting as he puts lots of spins on so many genre's for example this one

his older work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73rYhTM8vM8

Yeah... um... the music's OK..... I just reaaaaaally hate it when it drops and it has a very hollow sound (as if it's missing something)

I also don't see the point in going out in a cramped parking lot with thousands of people when you could just listen to it at home on youtube :P

Savant is quite interesting as he puts lots of spins on so many genre's for example this one

SNIP

It's all about the breakdowns nowadays. 

Yeah... um... the music's OK..... I just reaaaaaally hate it when it drops and it has a very hollow sound (as if it's missing something)

I also don't see the point in going out in a cramped parking lot with thousands of people when you could just listen to it at home on youtube :P

That's the whole experience. I would love to go to something like Hard Fest or Hardwell. Life long dream :P

It's all about the breakdowns nowadays. 

? and I don't get your point here

? and I don't get your point here

I'm saying out with the bass drops in with the breakdowns 

I'm saying out with the bass drops in with the breakdowns 

then just listen to Electro House

yeah it's really fetch :I

you know i mean this right?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

then just listen to Electro House

Feed Me's good too I forgot about him (I thought it was a girl for a long time) 

Or skip to 1:30 (assuming you don't like/cant listen to most of the song because of the genre(just saying because that's how most people are)) and witness a master breakdown 

Or skip to 1:30 (assuming you don't like/cant listen to most of the song because of the genre(just saying because that's how most people are)) and witness a master breakdown 

that was supposed to be good? lol

not going to judge but damn that'annoying

that was supposed to be good? lol

not going to judge but damn that'annoying

Screaming, we need more in music. 

screaming hurts my ears, nor does it have a decipherable rhythm or melody to it, just mindless

I whole heartily disagree with that statement. It's really hard to scream (properly) takes a lot of practice

That's the whole experience. I would love to go to something like Hard Fest or Hard Well. Life long dream :P

You're telling the wrong forum. People here are gamers :P

I whole heartily disagree with that statement. It's really hard to scream (properly) takes a lot of practice

give me an example of screaming "wrong"

You're telling the wrong forum. People here are gamers :P

A lot of people here listen to music while gaming.

screaming hurts my ears, nor does it have a decipherable rhythm or melody to it, just mindless

Alright you'd probably like this (not screaming) the song is practically begging for a dubstep remix