Are you a fan of EDM?

DoubleY

Is anybody else here an EDM fan? I've been listening to top EDM mixes of 2013 all morning. Can't stop. Ugh.

I love the music, but I absolutely despise the term "EDM".

Why do you despise it?

Experimental Death metal? Yup

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Experimental Death metal? Yup

lol no. Electro Dance Music :P

lol no. Electro Dance Music :P

Yea my fave EDM song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

As long as it's not dubstep I'm ok with it.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Dubstep is more hardcore. 

EDM is like metal and Dubstep is like heavy death screamo metal LOL

I've been listening to a fairly new Tiesto Club Life when I drive anywhere. It's like an hour and a half. Listened to it twice so far.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Reminds me more of being a kid and being on a really long road trip. The scent of cigarette smoke and coffee wafting through-out the car while something drones on from the radio at 3am. 

Not really my genre, more like something that is kinda playing in the background.  :P

When it comes to electronic genres, I prefer dubstep and eurobeat. Eurobeat for the high engery and dubstep for bass..can not stand rap and need bass from somewhere. 

Reminds me more of being a kid and being on a really long road trip. The scent of cigarette smoke and coffee wafting through-out the car while something drones on from the radio at 3am. 

Not really my genre, more like something that is kinda playing in the background.  :P

When it comes to electronic genres, I much prefer dubstep and eurobeat.

I used to be a dubstep fan, but I switched when I figured out it's kinda "frowned" upon in the public eyes. So, I went to House and EDM. A little bit more softcore with less heavy drops. 

Saying just "EDM" is a stretch, since EDM basically branches out into dozens of differen sub genre's and even some of those sub genres have their own sub genres. Take Dubstep for an example, it has it's own sub genres such as metalstep, hardstep, chillstep, etc. Then you have a bunch of sub genre's that have existed before the term "EDM" existed such as funk (I'd count it), Drum & Bass, Trance, synthesized (Some 80's Songs). 

Personally I love all types of music since they all basically share elements with each other. Everything shares it's aspects with other different genres of music: The beats of Hip Hop, the flow of R&B, the bass of Electro, the unique melodies of Pop, the simple acoustics of Country (I prefer without lyrics), etc.

Dubstep is more hardcore. 

EDM is like metal and Dubstep is like heavy death screamo metal LOL

I definitely like the "heavy death screamo metal" stuff but Dubstep is just.. as a music genre trendy and that's about it. I always thought that too, nice analogy 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I used to hate dubstep but there are lots of variations of it it's hard not to like with some nice smooth bass

I used to be a dubstep fan, but I switched when I figured out it's kinda "frowned" upon in the public eyes. So, I went to House and EDM. A little bit more softcore with less heavy drops. 

That's kinda funny considering what I used to listen to was softer and then I felt like I need more bass in my life. People usually frown on dubstep because of little fanboys shouting Skrillex or going on about some dead rodents or something.  The main gripe I have with the various electronica artists are the ones who are lazy reusing the same repetitive beat. Same goes for those that have a 1min+ build up.

This is still my fav dubstep version of any song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0LwYLuXWhE

Saying just "EDM" is a stretch, since EDM basically branches out into dozens of differen sub genre's and even some of those sub genres have their own sub genres. Take Dubstep for an example, it has it's own sub genres such as metalstep, hardstep, chillstep, etc. Then you have a bunch of sub genre's that have existed before the term "EDM" existed such as funk (I'd count it), Drum & Bass, Trance, synthesized (Some 80's Songs). 

Personally I love all types of music since they all basically share elements with each other. Everything shares it's aspects with other different genres of music: The beats of Hip Hop, the flow of R&B, the bass of Electro, the unique melodies of Pop, the simple acoustics of Country (I prefer without lyrics), etc.

those aren't subgenre's of dubstep those are subgenre's of EDM in general.