The Things Linus, Can Make...nevermind Intel

LinuxTek

The video “The CPU Intel should have made” got me thinking.

If Linus wants to grow his business and get more traffic, get an employee to make files people can download and 3D Print things.

Start off with Linus Tech gear...drink coasters...keychains.....pc building bling. Then explode into the world of manufacturing where you make niche things for the market.

Anybody think that is a good business idea?....give away 3D Print files for Linus Tech Tips bling?

Not many people have 3D printers.

Maybe, but for the moment I think getting into computer animation with using the remains of their old cryptomining rigs as rendering servers would be a better move for them right now. I mean they have most of the hardware, and they probably have at least someone on staff with experience in animation.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

It would be a very small, specific market to advertise to.

12 minutes ago, LinuxTek said:

If Linus wants to grow his business

People who want this type of stuff will already be a viewer, this won't grow the audience at all.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If you are a one man show and sell the occasional merch it might be an idea, but when you grow to LMG's size it's a better idea to outsource production and even retailing the products. More employees means more problems, I speak from experience.

No signature found

You can get a 3D Printer for less than a stick of DDR4...

I think the people watching LTT have a few bucks in their pocket.

2 minutes ago, LinuxTek said:

At, the moment those are usually cheap Chinese 3D printers, you get what you pay for, most printers that are worth your time go for significantly more, besides most people don't want to buy a printer to just buy some merch, and also it would not be worth their time with services like thingiverse around, people could just download the designs for free.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

12 minutes ago, LinuxTek said:

Why would I buy a 3d printer for useless plastic toys I would never use?

Who uses drink coasters??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Who uses drink coasters??

I do.

Think PC parts.

He starts making cat head power buttons for PC’s he’s cornered a whole market of cat ladies.