BF4 load times on HDD VS SSD ?

AndyCapets
Go to solution Solved by AndyCapets,

Just wanted to let you guys know, I installed BF4 on the SSD, nothing changed, i guess I'll just need to wait an update. I also thought that maybe it was my GPU driver that is doing this, since it's the HD 4600 in my 4670K, I'm getting an R9 290 Tri-X from Sapphire next week so that's going to fix it I guess. Thanks anyways!

Hello!
Okay so, I bought an SSD early this week and it's dedicated for softwares and the OS, not games, and since I already have only 65GB left out of 120, it's not like I really want to install BF4 on it. So like all my other games, I installed BF4 on my 1TB HDD and since then, whenever I go on Battlelog, look for a server to join, and click join, all of a sudden, my computer starts lagging, and the game finally pops up in the task bar after 30secondes, so I click on it, and the games loads slowly as hell and sometimes it just crashes!

So what do I do, install it on the SSD or just leave it on the HDD and wait for an update ?

Because all my other games work, but not BF4...

HLEP

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

From clicking on a server to join it and actually being able to play the game it takes about 20 seconds with BF4 on my SSD, I was waiting atleast a minute sometimes when it was on my HDD.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The load time are much less on and SSD vs a HDD. Btw When the game pops-up on the task bar just wait, when the map is almost done loading the game fills the screen automatic 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Put it on the SSD, the problem with it taking forever to actually launch in the task bar was probably from the DDOS earlier last night, but loading times will be reduced by 20-30 seconds

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

From clicking on a server to join it and actually being able to play the game it takes about 20 seconds with BF4 on my SSD, I was waiting atleast a minute sometimes when it was on my HDD.

Really ? It took me about 45secondes maximum when I didn't have my SSD...

Battlefield 3 and 4 almost require an SSD. It makes a world of difference for load times in those games.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Really ? It took me about 45secondes maximum when I didn't have my SSD...

Maybe loading times have improved since the game launched.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Put it on the SSD, the problem with it taking forever to actually launch in the task bar was probably from the DDOS earlier last night, but loading times will be reduced by 20-30 seconds

Yeah but today it does the same thing :/. I'm probably gonna install it on the SSD though.

From clicking join server it takes me between 45 seconds and 2 minutes to get into the game.

That's on a WD caviar green 1tb HDD :)

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Its much faster on ssd, but if you can wait dont bother

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

i have a  WD VelociRaptor and im one of the first few

to load into the maps.

The load time are much less on and SSD vs a HDD. Btw When the game pops-up on the task bar just wait, when the map is almost done loading the game fills the screen automatic 

ACtually theres a bug where the game wont finish loading because it needs to sync to the server, but in order to sync to the server you must open it.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

ACtually theres a bug where the game wont finish loading because it needs to sync to the server, but in order to sync to the server you must open it.

I doubt that.. I never had this problem or heard of it

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

The only reason i bought my Kingston V300 120GB was to load maps faster on BF4,

and i think it was worth every penny.

i went from 2-3 minutes of loading to 5-20 seconds,

and that's a huge difference for me.

Battlefield 4 definitely takes a long time to load, maybe I'll invest in an SSD just for this game because I play it quite a bit.  :P  Perhaps I'll just buy a bigger SSD and put my OS on it too.

For Game Reviews check out my blog!   :)   http://astroproreviews.blogspot.com/

i have my bf4 on my HDD instead of my ssd, it takes about 20-30 seconds for me

The only reason i bought my Kingston V300 120GB was to load maps faster on BF4,

and i think it was worth every penny.

i went from 2-3 minutes of loading to 5-20 seconds,

and that's a huge difference for me.

Wat.

My Caviar Black takes maximum of 50 seconds to load a map. Some maps load around 20 seconds as well.

i have my bf4 on my HDD instead of my ssd, it takes about 20-30 seconds for me

I'm assuming you have your HDDs in RAID 0 or something then?

I'm assuming you have your HDDs in RAID 0 or something then?

nope. normal ACHI mode.

Battlefield 4 takes at least 45 sec to a minute for me to load on a 5400RPM HDD Though it only loads that long on Vanilla maps, on China Rising maps it loads for like 20-30 sec only...

Im saving money for a SSD though since I noticed it takes a while to load the textures on a map at round start.

Battlefield 4 takes at least 45 sec to a minute for me to load on a 5400RPM HDD Though it only loads that long on Vanilla maps, on China Rising maps it loads for like 20-30 sec only...

Im saving money for a SSD though since I noticed it takes a while to load the textures on a map at round start.

And this is why my issue makes no sense, 3-5minutes for me to load with a 7200RPM and you only 45sec on a 5400RPM...

Wat.

My Caviar Black takes maximum of 50 seconds to load a map. Some maps load around 20 seconds as well.

Because its a Caviar Black....

i have a shitty old HDD

Hello!

Okay so, I bought an SSD early this week and it's dedicated for softwares and the OS, not games, and since I already have only 65GB left out of 120, it's not like I really want to install BF4 on it. So like all my other games, I installed BF4 on my 1TB HDD and since then, whenever I go on Battlelog, look for a server to join, and click join, all of a sudden, my computer starts lagging, and the game finally pops up in the task bar after 30secondes, so I click on it, and the games loads slowly as hell and sometimes it just crashes!

So what do I do, install it on the SSD or just leave it on the HDD and wait for an update ?

Because all my other games work, but not BF4...

HLEP

it takes my 1-2 minutes to load every map and from a HDD. BF3 loading times: 15 secs with HDD

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Just wanted to let you guys know, I installed BF4 on the SSD, nothing changed, i guess I'll just need to wait an update. I also thought that maybe it was my GPU driver that is doing this, since it's the HD 4600 in my 4670K, I'm getting an R9 290 Tri-X from Sapphire next week so that's going to fix it I guess. Thanks anyways!