New retro pc casee in the style of A Amiga 3000

Mark v500 vampier

That Kickstarter vid is pretty crap not gonna lie

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

maybe that's what they were going for

11 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I like how it's always zooming and panning. So 80-90s presentation.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

Thanks for posting Mark, this is my Kickstarter and is aimed at the Amiga fans but also those creating VR machines as the Amiga 3000 was the first commercial Virtual Reality computer.

https://www.amigasystems.com/Newsroom.aspx?id=261

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/483774293/amiga-3000-inspired-modular-amiga-pc-desktop-compu

https://www.amigasystems.com/IntroductionPC.aspx

Thanks

Steve

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Guess I will not be getting Kickstarter video producer of the year award then :-)

But what do you think of the idea of a retro desktop case instead of the usual tower holding a reasonably high end VR system with keyboard garage?

Feedback is always good either way.

Steve

4 minutes ago, clusteruk said:

Guess I will not be getting Kickstarter video producer of the year award then :-)

But what do you think of the idea of a retro desktop case instead of the usual tower holding a reasonably high end VR system with keyboard garage?

Feedback is always good either way.

Steve

Retro PC stuff is always cool. I love sleeper PCs and the unique weird style of old PC cases is still pretty nice IMO.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

38 minutes ago, clusteruk said:

Retro is still very in. I'm not familiar with the Amiga so this holds no value for me personally. 

It's clearly not targeted at the gamer who wants to OC heavy and is more of a nostalgia piece for people wanting to get into VR. It's good you are upfront about that, sometimes cases are made with these limitations but are not explicitly mentioned. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

This is not for every pc build but good for a VR setup pi builds and other retro and new projects 

I think it very cool and are hoping some of you do to

so if you know anyone who may be interested 

please spread the word 

thanks mark 

https://www.amigasystems.com/Newsroom.aspx?id=261

https://www.amigasystems.com/IntroductionPC.aspx

Not tech news (so it'll probably get moved), but that seems sketchy.  Only supports PSU's up to 600WT?  And everything else is completed, but they need a KS to make the front panels?  I'm highly dubious about the legitimacy of that.  As much as I'd love to have a case that looks like the classic Amigas (I used to have an Amiga 2000 years ago), I wouldn't put any faith in this group.  The whole video just threw up one red flag after another for me.

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

Not tech news (so it'll probably get moved), but that seems sketchy.  Only supports PSU's up to 600WT?  And everything else is completed, but they need a KS to make the front panels?  I'm highly dubious about the legitimacy of that.  As much as I'd love to have a case that looks like the classic Amigas (I used to have an Amiga 2000 years ago), I wouldn't put any faith in this group.  The whole video just threw up one red flag after another for me.

Hi if you look a little deeper in to it you will find all the big names in the retro community are backing this project .

Retro man cave 

Amiga Bill

Dan wood 

The money from the kickstarter will be to finance moulds for injection molding 

Wich are very expensive. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/checkmate1500plus/

I know it's good to be sceptical but thus is a genuine product 

Kind regards 

Mark 

9 minutes ago, Mark v500 vampier said:

Hi if you look a little deeper in to it you will find all the big names in the retro community are backing this project .

Retro man cave 

Amiga Bill

Dan wood 

The money from the kickstarter will be to finance moulds for injection molding 

Wich are very expensive. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/checkmate1500plus/

I know it's good to be sceptical but thus is a genuine product 

Kind regards 

Mark 

On 09/09/2018 at 2:16 PM, Jito463 said:

I only mention 600w PSU as that is the biggest SFX power supply I could find. As for the Kickstarter to make the mould tools, that is a perfect reason and why Kickstarter is so good at bring niche products like this to the market. As for credibility, I am not Corsair, nor Apple or even MSI but I have a history in developing products going back 30 years on and off. Whilst a lot of people are supporting me, I am trying to reach the PC community with a refresh of an old idea, the desktop computer :-)

3 hours ago, clusteruk said:

I only mention 600w PSU as that is the biggest SFX power supply I could find. As for the Kickstarter to make the mould tools, that is a perfect reason and why Kickstarter is so good at bring niche products like this to the market. As for credibility, I am not Corsair, nor Apple or even MSI but I have a history in developing products going back 30 years on and off. Whilst a lot of people are supporting me, I am trying to reach the PC community with a refresh of an old idea, the desktop computer :-)

I'm assuming the KS is yours, since your reply pretty much mirrors what was posted there (I just haven't had an opportunity to respond yet).  Regarding the PSU, I didn't realize it was limited to SFX.  From the pictures I saw, it looked like a standard ATX PSU, so that makes more sense now.  As for the rest, you'll pardon me if I don't know who you are, so I was rather skeptical.  I have since found some videos relating to the old Checkmate systems, so I have a little more understanding of the sequence of events, but so far as I was aware just from the OP, it seemed like some random guy that just made a KS.

If the KS had been for the whole case, it wouldn't even have caused as much confusion for me.  But to see the video saying that the cases are all done, however you need $100k to make molds, set off some alarms for me.  I doubt I'm the only one, too, so I appreciate you taking the time to clarify.