Sony Announces Xperia XZ3

ThePointblank
5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

PS Vita....

I bet a PS phone would flop.

Has everyone forgotten the Xperia Play? That was effectively the first attempt at a Playstation phone, and it flopped. I had one, it was a great little device with the slide out game pad, but it was underspecced for what it was marketed for. Still have it knocking around somewhere. I loaded a custom ROM and Kernel onto it and used as a dedicated handheld emulator for a while.

I still overwhelmingly dislike the FPS location on the Sony phones. 

The S8's sensor location was frankly too high and too close to the camera, so it rightfully deserved criticism. But I barely see the same complaints for Sony's. 

It's much too low, and where you'd expect the FPS to be, Sony decided that it would be occupied by the camera module. You're probably guaranteed to smear that lens cover at least once or twice a day. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Sony should just go ahead and release the Sony Xperia PlayStation Edition with playstation logo and gamer phone features. I bet it would sell as much as the razer or asus gaming phones

They already tried that with the Xperia Play, and it didn’t go well ...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

PS Vita....

To be fair to the PS vita, it came at the wrong time and wrong place. If it was supported by Sony and came after people started to realise mobile gaming isn’t the next big thing (unless you really really like clones), it would have done better.

Pascal laptops guide

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

PS Vita....

PSP... it's also a console not a smartphone

1 hour ago, Daiyus said:

Has everyone forgotten the Xperia Play? That was effectively the first attempt at a Playstation phone, and it flopped. I had one, it was a great little device with the slide out game pad, but it was underspecced for what it was marketed for. Still have it knocking around somewhere. I loaded a custom ROM and Kernel onto it and used as a dedicated handheld emulator for a while.

Xperia play was not a modern gaming smartphone, it came out 7 years ago when no one wanted a fucking gaming phone. Fast forward to 2018 and now multiple companies are making them

7 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

They already tried that with the Xperia Play, and it didn’t go well ...

See above, gaming phones were a complete meme back then. Not quite so much now

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Lots of phone news today, huh

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

15 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Has a notch "IT LOOKS LIKE AN IPHONE"

Has no notch "IT LOOKS LIKE A SAMSUNG"

Not saying you're saying this literally but I'm tired of hearing similar comments.

Every time I hear someone say phone x looks like phone y I cringe so hard.

Seriously, these phones have a screen to body ratio of like over 80%.

Obviously the fronts will look the same when over 80% of them are just screens. The remaining <20% are just very thin boarders, so that will look the same as well.

12 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Lots of phone news today, huh

Most of which I'm not really interested in. 

Except the iPhone mostly because I've been contemplating one for a while now even though I've been using a Note for a long time and have been really happy with it 

And the Note9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

13 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

PSP... it's also a console not a smartphone

Xperia play was not a modern gaming smartphone, it came out 7 years ago when no one wanted a fucking gaming phone. Fast forward to 2018 and now multiple companies are making them

See above, gaming phones were a complete meme back then. Not quite so much now

Maybe, because convincing the Sony execs to do it might be difficult 

Pascal laptops guide

Specifically bought an XZ1 despite knowing this was coming, a few weeks ago after I ruined my old trusty Z5.

I really don't like the new design style of the XZ2 & XZ3 (although I prefer the look of the 3 to the 2) & the placement of the fingerprint sensor - the power button was just a better place to have it. Headphone jack I could probably get over eventually. 

53 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

I think you misunderstood me. I loved the Xperia Play, hence modding it and using it even after I replaced my daily driver. Even back then I thought the idea of gaming phone was a good one, hence I supported it. It was still a flop in the market so convincing Sony to have another go, even with recent market changes, would be difficult. I'd like to see it happen as it would probably replace my Xperia Z5 Compact, I just can't see it happening.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

They already did add remote play to a few Sony phones like a few years ago.  Other factors that killed the Vita were almost no marketing here, and the fact that most of the library is just slice of life games and visual novels.  That's not what American gamers in the masses wants in terms of a game library.  We want gore.

Not to get off topic, but it's funny that the PSP before it sold so well because it was more appealing to Americans. Not as many Japanese titles on that system. 3DS just crushed the Vita because quality software sells hardware. You made a good point.

3 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

And the Note9

I just got one. Not worth an upgrade from the Note 8 IMO, unless you're going for the big boy 512GB/8GB model AND trading in a basically prestine Note 8 for somewhere around $400.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I just got one. Not worth an upgrade from the Note 8 IMO, unless you're going for the big boy 512GB/8GB model AND trading in a basically prestine Note 8 for somewhere around $400.

Basically my thoughts after playing with one. It’s a great phone but unless you need that battery, the Note8 holds up well.

With that said, Samsung quoted around $500 for my Note8 if it’s in pristine condition. Mine looks mostly pristine but there’s some scratches on the FPS, so that probably knocks it down a bit. Still, no plans to change, especially since mine has a second year’s worth of warranty left.