The best way to clean pc?

MiliAxe

ok , I know that canned air is the best way to clean . hardly find any canned air in my shitty country and it is so expensive too . 

I only have a hair dryer and  i can put it on cold mode . 

But the main question is , Is it safe ? 

some people say it is not safe due to ESD , and some people say it is fine . 

Just somebody help me i want to Clean my PC ASAP.

You can just wipe it down. And no, don't use a hair dryer. A bicycle pump is a safer alternative

Just make yourself an attachment for the hair dryer. Something with a small opening that will force the cold air to push trough even faster. Like a cone for example. Do this in outside otherwise wear a mask if you will do this inside. 

Trust me, can't get rid of dust allergies due to that shit. Whatever you do wear a mask man. 

It's using vacuum cleaner which is biggest risk.

Standard vacuum is very effective static charge generator.

That's why you can often see dust etc sticking to its hose/tube.

But if you have to clean PC inside your house/room then using vacuum to catch dust blown out from PC by compressed air etc works.

Blower on a shop Vac, Leaf blower, a 3 pack of can of air for 10 bucks i buy all the time on amazon.. and lots more

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

A combination of compressed air, a vacume, and some alcohol wipes.

For radiators and heatsinks, if you dont have a suitable vacume adaptor, use a soft paintbrush whilst vacuming.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If you just want to yolo it and you're not cleaning off anything near the mobo I used to just take a pen and remove the ink cartridge and blow in it.  You can put your shirt of the end you're blowing in to trap any spit.

*I am not responsible for your destroying your components*

Go to your local hardware store and see if you can get a small eclectic air compressor that has an air tank and a blow gun attachment. They are noisy as hell (I plug mine in the backyard and in the middle of the day so not to make the neighbors too upset with me. I can still hear it though multiple walls at the other end of the house) and takes a little time for them to get up to pressure but I them better than canned air. The air pressure is much higher and more constant than the air cans. 

I bought one at my local home depot many years ago for like $50 that had a 2gal tank and it goes up to 100psi in the tank and has knob to adjust the outlet pressure. Bought one of these as well. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Pistol-Grip-Blow-Gun-HDA50400AV/100064491

16 hours ago, EsaT said:

It's using vacuum cleaner which is biggest risk.

Standard vacuum is very effective static charge generator.

Is this true? in physics, effects of push and and pull are same.

only difference is vacuum usually has longer plastic tube. even there is static charged inside the tube , its quite impossible for component to touch it.

8 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Is this true? in physics, effects of push and and pull are same.

only difference is vacuum usually has longer plastic tube. even there is static charged inside the tube , its quite impossible for component to touch it.

Air going into vacuum has all those dust particles in it increasing static charge generating capability by many magnitudes.

And that static charging starts instantly from the nozzle of vacuum.

Which you have to move very close to electric components for vacuum to be effective at dislodging finer stickier dust or getting bigger dust out from crevices.

15 hours ago, EsaT said:

Air going into vacuum has all those dust particles in it increasing static charge generating capability by many magnitudes.

And that static charging starts instantly from the nozzle of vacuum.

Which you have to move very close to electric components for vacuum to be effective at dislodging finer stickier dust or getting bigger dust out from crevices.

I cant agree with that, First of all static charge is produced by friction, it have to be accumulated enough to make any electricity and it is stored evenly inside the plastic tube of vacuum so on the tip theres barely any charge, only discharging the electricity can be harmful, but magnitude and occasion will be least likely to happen. 

Dont scare people like this

4 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I cant agree with that, First of all static charge is produced by friction, it have to be accumulated enough to make any electricity and it is stored evenly inside the plastic tube of vacuum so on the tip theres barely any charge, only discharging the electricity can be harmful, but magnitude and occasion will be least likely to happen. 

Dont scare people like this

If anything charge would get focused to extreme ends, like tips of object, because similar charges repel each others.

That's why statically charged hairs rise up.

(try not to sleep in school physics lessons, assuming your country has actual education going on in there)

That long plastic tube only makes bigger static charge generator, with more friction happening.

And static charges induce redistribution of electrical charges in nearby objects even without discharge.

Similar charges repelling each others and opposites attracting is also what makes capacitors work.

So depending on sensitivity of components damage/wear can happen even without discharge.

There are good reasons why electronics industry pays so much for ESD prevention.

Then to have all kinds of negligent users abuse their products...

1 hour ago, EsaT said:

If anything charge would get focused to extreme ends, like tips of object, because similar charges repel each others.

That's why statically charged hairs rise up.

(try not to sleep in school physics lessons, assuming your country has actual education going on in there)

That long plastic tube only makes bigger static charge generator, with more friction happening.

And static charges induce redistribution of electrical charges in nearby objects even without discharge.

Similar charges repelling each others and opposites attracting is also what makes capacitors work.

So depending on sensitivity of components damage/wear can happen even without discharge.

There are good reasons why electronics industry pays so much for ESD prevention.

Then to have all kinds of negligent users abuse their products...

Do you realize how unrealistic this is?

If what you say is true, a normal pc intake fan / cpu fan will destroy a pc in no time

this was proven by many youtubes that it will be harmless. just end this 

20 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Do you realize how unrealistic this is?

If what you say is true, a normal pc intake fan / cpu fan will destroy a pc in no time

this was proven by many youtubes that it will be harmless. just end this 

Fans don't create enough friction to generate high static charges.

Unless you're using helicopter for that.

And does youtube having who knows how many people falling from roofs, running to doors/walls, getting hit by cars etc prove those are safe activities?

Very likely many of those youtubers live in relatively warm&humid climate countries lowering built up of static charges.

But try same in dry environment, or especially in cold climate country and things are very different.

Just walking in room with insulating material floor easily generates kilovolts level static charges.

All the way to high enough level for discharge to actually start hurting when touching metal objects.

And that isn't nice thing...

Though would clearly do good to your disrespect for static electricity!

There are anti-static/ESD vacuums cleaners with semi-conductive tubes, which are grounded to dissipate electrical charges/prevent their built up.

Any vacuum not built that way is always risk for generating static charges.