I am a high school student, I want to buy a tablet

In my honest opinion, Android tablets are mostly meh. I'd just stick to the major players in that market, so basically Samsung, Asus and Lenovo. The Tab S3 is just over budget, but by far the best of the bunch. 

Just look around on Amazon, I'd say. Plenty of choice :)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_5?rnid=386442011&keywords=tablet&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A13896617011%2Cn%3A1232597011%2Ck%3Atablet&qid=1535005714&low-price=300&high-price=400

At $400, I'd personally grab the 2018 iPad, but hey, biased and all.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I received a Huawei tablet M5 in July from my granny.
 This tablet is awesome in a LOT of ways.... It's quick, the pen is awesome, 
and it is using the latest OS for android. Best tablet choice out there.

and I heard that Huawei M5 will cut prices in the next few days,LOL..

You can get a nice education discount on the new iPad.

20 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

wait is this asking for recommendations or is this looking to buy a tablet for the price from the users? o_o

I think this is asking for recommendations:)

I wouldn’t recommend an Android tablet since most apps don’t scale that well on bigger displays. If you’re using it to take notes in school I’d recommend getting an iPad and an Apple Pencil or a Microsoft Surface Go and a compatible active pen. Get one of these two and put Microsoft One Note (the best software for note taking IMO) in it and you’ll be ready to go.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

Forget Android, it's shit (better worded: Dead on Tablets), and doesn't help you at all for your school..

Get an iPad 2018 + Apple Pencil.

MUCH better performance, MUCH better Apps (and more apps), much better optimized OS, and muc hlonger Updates.

With the Apple Pencil you won't need a Notebook + Pen anymore at all. Just write digitally on your iPad, and you have everything always with you, organized, backuped, easy to share, and possibilities you could only dream of.

When i want to solve a problem / answer a question, i can simply copy the Question, insert it into my Note, and answer it below.

I can delete, resize everything i write, i can mark it and drag it to another place, to make it look neat, i can change paper background etc etc.

Even if you only use it to browse the web, google for school stuff, and read PDF scripts. Do yourself a huge Favour, get an ipad instead of Android.

And this is coming from an Android-guy like me (using Android since my first smartphone, and Windows at home). I wouldn't buy any other Tablet instead of an iPad.

Or at least Windows, only if i need to use some full-blown x86 applications. Otherwise, iPad > all.

19 hours ago, ghyj123 said:

I received a Huawei tablet M5 in July from my granny.
 This tablet is awesome in a LOT of ways.... It's quick, the pen is awesome, 
and it is using the latest OS for android. Best tablet choice out there.

and I heard that Huawei M5 will cut prices in the next few days,LOL..

I saw Huawei M5 on Amazon, it has three styles.but the pro is  just over budget.How much will it cut?

You could get the latest iPad with a student discount for $309 or $329 without

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7/32gb-space-gray-wifi

This would be a much better allocation of your money unless you absolutely need Android for something specific. The iPad is a much better product than most every Android Tablet on the market. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

If you're only after something to only use word etc on. Surface Pro RT is pretty good.

The only bad thing is you have to download everything from the windows store and you can't run .exe

They now have a newer Surface called Surface Go as well.

Surface Go runs on Windows 10s, but it's possible to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home for free

On 2018/8/23 at PM2点15分, Brenda Bravard Singler said:

我是一名高中生,我想购买一台平板电脑,Android.under 400美元。

I recommend Huawei M5,I think the M5 would work fine for school.I hesitated for a few days on Amazon and found that have $20 off today.under $300.