Verizon Throttles Fire Department Data

Lurick

it kinda feels like a jerk move, but it is what contracts are for when making a deal with a 2 party system for service pact , the current deal was on something that was deemed enough when making the deal i presume, but it didn't work out when the emergency situation was hit , otherwise specify a set of pre arranged set of agreement on services under specific conditions like emergency like these & others.  it's a weird way to say somethings bad . but there's that side of that. i think a well discussed PR meeting should've cleared this at that time.

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Sampsy said:

Only to be told a day later that the 20GB plan doesn't actually allow 20GB and they need to upgrade to the $199.99/mo plan to definitely get 10GB for sure. /s

How this isn't fraud is beyond me. 

Because it's unlimited data as advertised and very clearly states that there is a maximum amount of data for different speed tiers.

You can argue that it's a dick move and they should be extra nice to firefighters, but there's no requirement for that. Plus, the customer service rep who they spoke with more than likely couldn't do anything anyway.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:
  1. Joke.
  2. The fire being out if control is what happens when we prevent natural forest fires from clearing out dead brush.
  3. I don't like the state's legistlator or the large cities there.

i dont get what a fire department has to do with the legislators ... yea screw everyone that lives in a state because you dont like the legislators from there

"Verizon representatives confirmed the throttling, but rather than restoring us to an essential data transfer speed, they indicated that County Fire would have to switch to a new data plan at more than twice the cost, and they would only remove throttling after we contacted the Department that handles billing and switched to the new data plan," Bowden wrote.

Sorry half of California is burning down, give us more money and maybe we'll not throttle you. 

Why are you blaming Version? The Fire Dept is just like any other customer. Version is set up to offer services to a family and not 500 911 operators. Each operator should be billed 1 unlimited services and the Fire Dept should pay that bill. The Fire Dept is actually stealing services from a private for-profit company. By Law the Fire Dept have to have dependable 911 service and they trying to make a company provide this service

T

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

I think the problem is that Verizon should have been pro-active in being socially responsible, in giving unlimited access at full speed for those affected regardless of their plan.

But social responsibility is a move that companies usually do to distinguish itself from the competition, it bring positive press, and may persuade people to join in even if they don't have the most competitive pricing.

Sadly, you don't have competition, and so no mobile operator companies cares.

And i thought we had it bad in Canada with the big 3, the US really is going to shit ain't it people?

They keep spouting freedom over there yet i see corruption at every turn

2 hours ago, Gofer01 said:

Why are you blaming Version? The Fire Dept is just like any other customer. Version is set up to offer services to a family and not 500 911 operators. Each operator should be billed 1 unlimited services and the Fire Dept should pay that bill. The Fire Dept is actually stealing services from a private for-profit company. By Law the Fire Dept have to have dependable 911 service and they trying to make a company provide this service

T

I don't even know where to start with this.

Just now, NowakVulpix said:

I don't even know where to start with this.

From the top... go on

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

From the top... go on

I think the corporate defense force has hit rock bottom, to be honest.

2 hours ago, Gofer01 said:

T

So fuck the safety of people's lives basically.

PC specs: Intel core i5 4690k__EVGA Geforce GTX 970 ACX Superclocked 4GB Edition__G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 1600mhz__Corsair CX 750W PSU__Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower Case__Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo__Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler__1TB WD Blue HDD__Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Brown Switces__Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse__Windows 10

$100 /mo for 20 F*CKING GB???

that's outrageous

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, NowakVulpix said:

I think the corporate defense force has hit rock bottom, to be honest.

Corporate defense force....rational thinkers....take your pick. 

I personally can't stand Verizon customer support or the non-sense they pull, or Verizon's prices/marketing. That doesn't change the fact that they don't owe a fire department shit, sure they could be nice and help out, but they have no requirement to do such a thing; and more than likely, the customer service rep didn't have the power to do anything either.

1 hour ago, Celli said:

No. Verizon has no responsibility to do shit. It's 100% the fire department's fault for choosing an insufficient plan.

Should the issue have been escalated and should Verizon have ultimately granted them full speed data? Yes, they should have been nice and done that. But they had no such responsibility. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, Celli said:

People ment to die anyway........

*HEAVY SARCASM DON'T PIPE TOO HARD BOYS*

10 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Corporate defense force....rational thinkers....take your pick. 

Trying to defend throttling mobile service for an essential service isn't rational thinking. Whether or not Verizon owes the Santa Clara County Fire Department shit means nothing when people's lives are on the line. The monthly billing cycle reset, their data shouldn't have been throttled regardless of whether or not Santa Clara Fire coughed up more money or not.

Sorry to challenge your worldview but people's right to live is more important than a corporation's right to turn a profit ^.~

3 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

Trying to defend throttling mobile service for an essential service isn't rational thinking. Whether or not Verizon owes the Santa Clara County Fire Department shit means nothing when people's lives are on the line. The monthly billing cycle reset, their data shouldn't have been throttled regardless of whether or not Santa Clara Fire coughed up more money or not.

Sorry to challenge your worldview but people's right to live is more important than a corporation's right to turn a profit ^.~

Where does it say the monthly billing cycle reset? 

And again, the fire department agreed to the plan they were on. They chose the plan -- they could have opt'd for something different. Verizon is under no obligation to do anything aside from honor the agreement that they and the fire department signed.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

It's 100% the fire department's fault for choosing an insufficient plan.

HAHAHAHAH you actually believe this shit.

The fire department did have a sufficient plan, obviously.

PC specs: Intel core i5 4690k__EVGA Geforce GTX 970 ACX Superclocked 4GB Edition__G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB DDR3 1600mhz__Corsair CX 750W PSU__Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower Case__Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Mobo__Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler__1TB WD Blue HDD__Corsair K70 Red LEDs with Cherry MX Brown Switces__Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse__Windows 10

5 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

Don't bother with these corporate shills.

3 minutes ago, Celli said:

HAHAHAHAH you actually believe this shit.

The fire department did have a sufficient plan, obviously.

Clearly, that's why they ran out of full speed data.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

And you know they had an insufficient plan how?

Oh, right, you don't. 

6 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Where does it say the monthly billing cycle reset? 

An email posted in the article, dated July 29, 2018. Billing cycle was supposed to end on July 23, which, in turn, should have ended the data throttling.

OES 5262 is deployed again, now to the Mendocino Complex, and is still experiencing the same throttling. As I understood it from our previous exchange regarding this device, the billing cycle was set to end July 23, which should have alleviated the throttling. In a side-by-side comparison, a crew member's personal phone using Verizon was seeing speeds of 20Mbps/7Mbps. The department Verizon device is experiencing speeds of 0.2Mbps/0.6Mbps, meaning it has no meaningful functionality.

5 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

They had an unlimited data plan.

3 minutes ago, Celli said:

And you know they had an insufficient plan how?

Oh, right, you don't. 

Well let's see.....they signed up for a plan that allows for 25GB of high speed data and then anything after that is at a slower speed (if there is congestion). Then they used 25GB of data and began to complain that it wasn't fast enough.

Well, no shit.

2 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

An email posted in the article, dated July 29, 2018. Billing cycle was supposed to end on July 23, which, in turn, should have ended the data throttling.

Considering the throttling ends automatically when the cycle ends, the cycle probably didn't end when they thought it did. 

They had an unlimited data plan.

9mQ4aRP.png

Verizon's unlimited plans clearly state that they are unlimited in the data available, but high speed data has a limit.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

Well let's see.....they signed up for a plan that allows for 25GB of high speed data and then anything after that is at a slower speed (if there is congestion). Then they used 25GB of data and began to complain that it wasn't fast enough.

Well, no shit.

Look at what @NowakVulpix posted, genius, Verizon acted greedy like usual.

I bet you supported the gutting of Net Neutrality as well, even though Ajit Pai the verizon shill lied directly to congress about the FCC site being DDoSd.

HA

Just now, Celli said:

Look at what @NowakVulpix posted, genius, Verizon acted greedy like usual.

I bet you supported the gutting of Net Neutrality as well, even though Ajit Pai the verizon shill lied directly to congress about the FCC site being DDoSd.

HA

3 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Considering the throttling ends automatically when the cycle ends, the cycle probably didn't end when they thought it did. 

9mQ4aRP.png

Verizon's unlimited plans clearly state that they are unlimited in the data available, but high speed data has a limit.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler