SSD not showing up in BIOS, but windows is installed on it

goodforyou19

Hi!

So i recently built a new computer and I went ahead and installed windows 10 on it, and everything seemed fine during first boot. 

However, while doing windows 10 updates, the computer required restarting, and I ran into some issues. Whenever my computer restarts during windows updates, it is automatically bringing me back into the BIOS. When I look in the BIOS, it is showing as no registered SSDs in any SATA ports. However, when installing Windows 10, the SSD was showing up, and it allowed me to install on it.

When looking into device manager, it is showing as the SSD being active as well. 

My current set-up

CPU: i5 7600k

MOBO: ASUS PRIME B250M-A

SSD: Inland Professional 240GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Any information on this would be amazing.

Thanks in advanced!

How old is the version you've tried to install?

Depending on how old the version is, you might want to download the current version off of Microsoft's homepage and install that on a USB drive, to then install Windows onto your SSD.

The version of Windows 10? It shouldn't be a problem. I've used this windows USB drive for quite a few builds recently, and none had any issues.

Also, if it isn't showing up in BIOS, but I was able to install Windows onto the SSD already, I don't believe it is a Windows 10 issue, but rather a SSD/Mobo issue

29 minutes ago, goodforyou19 said:

The version of Windows 10? It shouldn't be a problem. I've used this windows USB drive for quite a few builds recently, and none had any issues.

Also, if it isn't showing up in BIOS, but I was able to install Windows onto the SSD already, I don't believe it is a Windows 10 issue, but rather a SSD/Mobo issue

Update the BIOS perhaps?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Someone just had a similar problem on this forum.

First update bios,

then disable Intel rapid storage technology,

then disable fast boot.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I updated bios, disabled both rapid storage and fast boot, but it doesn't seem to help. 

What I've noticed is that whenever I am doing Windows Update, and it requires a restart, during the restart, the BIOS stops recognizing the SSD. However, if I turn the computer off and then turn it back on, it recognizes the hard drive