Just doing some cleaning / fan configuration.

Legion

So I was decided I was going to swap some fans around on my PC to experiment with better airflow. As I was cleaning out the fan filters I decided to measure up the front of my case for a 240 radiator(500R), Popped off the front and nearly choked to death the amount of dust that got caught in the fan filter over the two years. (I try to clean my PC about once every month/two months. But for some reason have always neglected the front two fans.)

Have any of you experienced such dust? Only worse experience I can think of was moving a 14 year old pc out into the shed and I dropped it sending years of dust into my face :'(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

dusty_computer_fan.jpg

Did it look like this?

Damn...... That makes me feel a whole lot better about the dust on mine. :)

Dust only bothers me when it's smoker dust.

Worst smell ever.

Agreed.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Dust only bothers me when it's smoker dust.

Worst smell ever.

Smoke makes dust?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I clean my front filter probably twice a month. Power supply  filter maybe once a month, if that, because it doesn't suck in as much dust.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

what ever home that was in needs to be condemned. 

my brothers pc was pretty bad ran 4 years without cleaning it. then it surprisingly died(made good wall decorations):D

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Smoke makes dust?

I meant people who smoke cigarettes and the smell, smoke and tar gets into the PC and mixes with the dust so it creates this thick brown coating of dust that smells like the rear end of a trucker.

Example;

pc_09.jpg

Oh God I can smell it from here...

My fans get this weird black, sorta sticky like soot on them for some reason :/ Only stains the fans though

dusty_computer_fan.jpg

Did it look like this?

:blink: Do you live in a sawmill by chance. :P

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I meant people who smoke cigarettes and the smell, smoke and tar gets into the PC and mixes with the dust so it creates this thick brown coating of dust that smells like the rear end of a trucker.

Example;

pc_09.jpg

Oh God I can smell it from here...

That color matches my noctua fans.

That color matches my noctua fans.

This just in: smokers with windowed cases should buy noctuas to hide the color of the smoke filled dust.

This just in: smokers with windowed cases should buy noctuas to hide the color of the smoke filled dust.

We found a use for them to match a case, after all this time!

why does this thread make me gag so much.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My fans get this weird black, sorta sticky like soot on them for some reason :/ Only stains the fans though

Maybe ball bearing fluid, happened to me once

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |