whats the difference between owning a legit windows 10 and a fake windows 10?

saif96

so i was pretty shocked to figure out that windows 10 was actually was for sale, i had no idea, i asked my friend about it he said that the guy that build my pc didnt install a legitimate windows 10 to my PC he installed it into my PC for free 

this sounds kinda illegal but whatever, he said theirs no difference at all and i guess thats kinda true, i havent spotted anything for years on my pc, i still get updates and everything so whats the difference between getting a legitimate windows 10 vs a fake free windows 10? if theirs a difference ill buy it in my next pc build

4 minutes ago, saif96 said:

so i was pretty shocked to figure out that windows 10 was actually was for sale, i had no idea, i asked my friend about it he said that the guy that build my pc didnt install a legitimate windows 10 to my PC he installed it into my PC for free 

this sounds kinda illegal but whatever, he said theirs no difference at all and i guess thats kinda true, i havent spotted anything for years on my pc, i still get updates and everything so whats the difference between getting a legitimate windows 10 vs a fake free windows 10? if theirs a difference ill buy it in my next pc build

Windows with no license key will have that "activate windows" in the computer. It will also disable windows customization and some networking features. No performance difference, and microsoft will still do customer support for you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If its activated with grey market key, there's no difference between that and authorized one. Not in normal operation, updates etc. The difference comes if Microsoft decides to act on it being sold against their ToS. If they do, they will outright blacklist the key. Meaning that you will loose activation and there's no way getting it back. Nothing except paying for new key.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv