I'm In Huge Trouble!!! I think Asus newest Bios update just bricked my PC. I think my server motherboard is dead :(

You can use USB flashback to flash back to last version.

Magical Pineapples

This does not prove there is a problem with the bios no. You could have a problem with some of the hardware, like ram for example. Run any built in hardware diagnostics that come with the PC and/or memtest86 as a starting point. The chance of it being the BIOS is very very low, you had problems before updating it remember... 

BIOS updates rarely cause or fix software problems. I think your problem isn't BIOS related at all. This is a hardware issue.

- Reset CMOS to defaults 

- Run memtest86+ for a few hours to verify memory is okay

- Check SMART values of your storage media

- Run Linux instead of Windows with some stress testing to rule out a corrupted Windows install

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Well your BIOS update did clearly work otherwise the PC wouldn't even boot. The machine check exception points at faulty hardware. It could be anything from mainboard to CPU to RAM, a Storage Drive, SATA-cable or PSU.

Since you didn't post many system details is is hard to give specific advice. Shut down your PC and remove everything non essential. All memory modules except one, the GFX card if you have an iGPU, all drives except the one the OS is installed on. Reboot see if the problem reproduces. If not likely one of the components you removed is at fault. Add them back in 1 by 1 and retest till the fault reproduces.

If the error shows up even with only non essential components switch your only memory module with another one see if it helps. If it doesn't, swap the data cable of your OS drive with a new one, make a backup of your OS drive and make a clean reinstall. If it doesn't fix the issue try another drive to install the OS on.

If all of that doesn't help you need to find replacements for CPU, PSU to continue investigating. At this point if I had to guess I'd suspect the mainboard to be faulty, simply based on the fact that I've seen more faulty mainboards than CPUs or PSUs - especially Asus mainboards.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:09 AM, Jay Deah said:

and the problem was... ???

Spectre microcode update from BIOS is unstable and lowers the voltage too much when in powersaving states , which can be solved by upping package c states from c3/c6 to c0/c1 or downgrade the BIOS.