New Zealand Parents Removed Wi-Fi From Their Childrens' School Because 'Wi-Fi Causes Cancer'

snowComet

After losing his young son from brain tumor, Damon Wyman, a parent from New Zealand, began to research wifi, and he theories that the brain tumor was linked to his son's sleeping with a Wi-Fi-enabled iPod under his pillow at night. So he partnered up with another parent,  David Bird, and start a petition to remove wifi network from their children's school. 

They successfully remove the wifi facilities of the junior school, and maintain an internet connection by cable, while the students and staff in the senior school could still using the wifi facilities. But both parents insisted that they will keep advocating of the  total removal of the system at the School.

From TVNZ's report:

[The school] maintains that it believes wireless internet is safe, a view shared by the Government.

"We have sourced information from the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Health and other submissions," the statement read.

"Based on this information the board believes that Wi-Fi does not pose a health risk to staff or students."

RIP for Mr. Wyman's son. But do you guys think wifi would cause cancer? Do you guys think the parents did the right thing?

http://www.businessinsider.com/wi-fi-removed-from-new-zealand-school-2013-12

There is radiation yes, but it's not supposed to be harmful. But radiation is radiation right? 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yea, wifi can cause cancer, but then again so can talking/thinking about cancer can cause cancer as well.

Remove the wifi, and leave cell and radio waves not to mention emf radiation from power lines, yea that's going to fully protect him :rolleyes:

Basically being born causes cancer, as that's the end game being played out these days. Meanwhile some people just enjoy life for what it is and move on.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

After losing his young son from brain tumor, Damon Wyman, a parent from New Zealand, began to research wifi, and he theories that the brain tumor was linked to his son's sleeping with a Wi-Fi-enabled iPod under his pillow at night. So he partnered up with another parent,  David Bird, and start a petition to remove wifi network from their children's school. 

They successfully remove the wifi facilities of the junior school, and maintain an internet connection by cable, while the students and staff in the senior school could still using the wifi facilities. But both parents insisted that they will keep advocating of the  total removal of the system at the School.

RIP for Mr. Wyman's son. But do you guys think wifi would cause cancer? Do you guys think the parents did the right thing?

http://www.businessinsider.com/wi-fi-removed-from-new-zealand-school-2013-12

This is the only way he could have gotten cancer from Wi-Fi, unless the router was powered by fusion or dark matter there is no freaking way it was the cause.

The parent did not do the right thing because they are blaming something when it cannot be the cause, ergo they are in denial.

Eating a fucking freaking burrito can cause cancer...

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Yea, wifi can cause cancer, but then again so can talking/thinking about cancer can cause cancer as well.

Remove the wifi, and leave cell and radio waves not to mention emf radiation from power lines, yea that's going to fully protect him :rolleyes:

Basically being born causes cancer, as that's the end game being played out these days. Meanwhile some people just enjoy life for what it is and move on.

Out bodies cause cancer by creating screwed up cells. We showed all get rid of our bodies!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

So we have to remove cell towers because they cause radiation? I swear the world will be so much better once the baby boomer generation just dies. 

Better relation would be having to remove the sun. Cell towers can harm you but only if you are super close to them. Wi-Fi is harmless though

It's really improbable that the cancer was caused from wifi and an iPod but RIP none the less. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

by that logic, if all radiation gives people cancer then everyone who is alive will get cancer because visible light is also a form of em radiation.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Better relation would be having to remove the sun. Cell towers can harm you but only if you are super close to them. Wi-Fi is harmless though

Wifi still has radiation.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Thank god the air doesn't have radiation right?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

When did I say that?

Wifi still has radiation.

i was making a joke. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

by that logic, if all radiation gives people cancer then everyone who is alive will get cancer because visible light is also a form of em radiation.

And waddya know, you can get skin cancer from too much exposure to the sun.

We all have cancer just depends on if those cells mutate

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

yes, and the ultraviolet wavelength(also not in the visible spectrum) is an ionizing radiation just like x-rays, which is the dangerous kind. em radiaton that has very short wavelength is the most dangerous kind

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Yes but my point is that people freaking out about the word radiation is pointless. Because we are going to get more from the sun than we will from wifi routers. And the sun's solar rays have a lot more power than a Wi-Fi router

And to MegaDave - yes short wavelengths are bad. Gamma rays, I believe, penetrate your skin and your cells and destroy your DNA. Pretty scary

Eating a fucking freaking burrito can cause cancer...

Why did you put a strike through "fucking" ? If it's to censor it people can still see it. If it was a joke, well my bad.

Why did you put a strike through "fucking" ? If it's to censor it people can still see it. If it was a joke, well my bad.

I know I'm not him but I believe this may apply:

2. Harassment and Profanities

You may not post content that contains material relating to the following: racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, or harassment. Attempting to bypass the website's swear filter by replacing letters or intentionally misspelling words is not considered any differently.. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks may be considered profane when used in certain contexts and as such we suggest avoiding them altogether

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Stupidity also causes cancer, true story.

This is the reason I have to give my mom my iPod at night! And I can't argue with her or else...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Yes but my point is that people freaking out about the word radiation is pointless. Because we are going to get more from the sun than we will from wifi routers. And the sun's solar rays have a lot more power than a Wi-Fi router

And to MegaDave - yes short wavelengths are bad. Gamma rays, I believe, penetrate your skin and your cells and destroy your DNA. Pretty scary

What's the definition of radiation, because in french it means "disintegration" of particle not lightwave, like uranium not candle.