Should I Bake my GTX 970?

Zerkan

So Im thinking of baking my gpu, cuz I cant get post on my pc with an i7 2600k, and I tried my friends pc with an 1150 mobo, I bought this gpu second hand and it has never worked in my pc, Well I tried it in an pc with an old Phenom cpu and then the gpu worked, plug and play got the driver installed and everything. But when I plug it in in my pc nothing.. tried everything with my mobo, not my friends mobo tho.. So idk what to do rly.

My motherboard: P8Z77-V LE

Friends motherboard: msi z87 s02 

dont know the motherboard on that phenom system.

When you turn on the pc do you see the gpu fans spin or anything? Or just no display?

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

Do other GPU's work in your board fine? Have you tried setting the motherboard BIOS back to original configuration?

fans turns on but stops after a little while, I get no display, Im using an xfx 850w 80 + bronze psu, igpu works and I see the 970 in device manager but code 43.. tried many things to fix this code 43 but nothing works (when im in igpu) thats the only way I can get an picture when the 970 is connected.

the thing is i dont get how the gpu works fine in an old phenom system from like 2010-2011, and doesnt work in my or my friends setup, havent tried updating his bios to the latest to see if my gpu would work in his setup tho..

may i ask which gtx 970 model?

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

Do other GPU's work in your board fine? Have you tried setting the motherboard BIOS back to original configuration?

Im using an gtx 660ti rn and it works great, yeh ive tried resetting cmos and things like that.

14 hours ago, Dunk said:

may i ask which gtx 970 model?

msi gtx 970 gaming 4gb

have you tried different motherboard pcie ports? sorry for asking many questions

Main PC

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Yes ive tried the both on my motherboard and my friends motherboard, np im happy to answer them :)

no lol i meant the ports on your motherboard cus there should be more than one pcie 16x slot

Main PC

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Yes I have tried both pcie ports on my mobo and his

Just now, Zerkan said:

Yes Ive tried both pcie ports on my mobo and his

ohh ok i understand. so the fans spin then stop after a few seconds (i think on purpose), there is no display output to your pc but there is on your friends, and the power supply cant be the problem.

I had this issue on my self but i had an amd card. What i did was re install windows and it was fixed. Also another thing. Did you uninstall the graphics drivers before installing the gtx 970?

Main PC

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

It worked in an old phenom pc but not my friend with the msi z87 s02, So the gpu work in 1 pc out of 3, Yeh I have tried reinstalling windows and using DDU to delete the old drivers from my gtx 660ti.

if not look at this page if you have not seen it already you might be able to find answers here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/832477/asus-gtx-970-no-signal-display/

Main PC

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

47 minutes ago, Zerkan said:

fans turns on but stops after a little while, I get no display, Im using an xfx 850w 80 + bronze psu, igpu works and I see the 970 in device manager but code 43.. tried many things to fix this code 43 but nothing works (when im in igpu) thats the only way I can get an picture when the 970 is connected.

Ok, then next I would try reflashing the vbios on the card.  The reason it may work with your older system is because it may have been modified by the previous owner and that vbios may have only played nice on different OSes or boards.

You can try reading this if you don't know how to do that.  Obviously do this with caution, but you don't have much to lose anyway.

Yea, take Windows out of the loop and boot up a USB stick with a live version of a popular Linux like Mint or Ubuntu and see if the card works and displays output.

It doesnt show the current bios of the card 

gtx 970.gif

20180805_184038.thumb.jpg.d57178b7680583b54d5114f318f50e0f.jpg Here is my SN number

2 minutes ago, Zerkan said:

It doesnt show the current bios of the card 

due to more than likely a BIOS error. CMOS/BIOS chip could be damaged/non-functional. baking is not a cure for this.

there is communication for the GPU (GPU-Z see it), but it fails to POST due to the device doesn't know what it is..

might be able to reflash the BIOS to a known good file and retest, otherwise, this is a bricked GPU.

yeah, i dont think its bricked since it works in 1 pc ive tried it in, i have no idea

https://gyazo.com/3dc721393ad87f08c56d1fe1bb01d243

in device manager it says code 43 error

code 43 is an driver error but drivers has nothing to do with letting the gpu post or getting into bios since its no signal, gonna see if i find a good bios and try to flash it

I dont know which one to take out of these..3753be166744236eec2d2f02165d8b4c.png.264e6f7677d0750094f8073c007332fa.png

think im goin with this one: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/192378/msi-gtx970-4096-150108-2 its the latest

Have you gone into BIOS and switched from igp to pcie graphics?

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

yeh if i do that I get black screen cant get to bios if I switch to pcie and then I need to take out the gpu to get picture

I got an error in nvflash: https://gyazo.com/ed5e89d0f216d628f681c1c03e276e50

When i do nvflash64 --list I get the same problem hmm mby it doesnt find it idk

NVIDIA display adapters present in system:
Device:01:00:00=10DE:13C2:1462:3160 GPU

1 hour ago, Zerkan said:

Yeah, I think any of those will work, but you can attempt multiple flashes if needed.

Are you running 32 bit windows or is that a false positive? If you are then it's time to install 64 bit my friend.

Try the 32 bit application anyway and see what happens.  I think it should still work.  Also try running cmd in Windows 7 compatibility mode if that doesn't work.

Oh, and make sure you're running cmd as admin.