Failure to install multiple instances of Windows 7 on a SSHD, error winload.exe is missing.

Hi, I've been trying to install multiple instances of windows 7(ofc on separate partitions) on a sshd but keep failing to do so. Everytime, after the reboot during installation, the setup goes into the error "winload.exe is missing or corrupted" and fails to continue installation, if and only if there is copy of windows previously installed on that sshd. Last time I could install 3 copies was if I remember correctly by first installing a copy of windows itself and then installing a random version of Linux. My sshd is *Seagate FireCuda 1TB Hybrid Laptop Drive*

My theory was that the cache on the sshd was copying the installation files onto itself and not on the actual drive where they were supposed to be. It worked and I was able to install 3 copies on the sshd. But what's even more annoying is that I can't even install SP1 on the only windows working on that drive as it fails to configure the service pack and reverts the changes on reboot. 

I've tried all fixes suggested on the internet, rebuilding bcd, mbr, repairing startup and what not but the no one has my issue and a fix for it. Tom's Hardware even deleted my post because it didn't get any response! Now I've come here desperately. 

Hope to receive reply soon. 

Arsenious. 

Why Win7 and why three different setups on the same drive?  If you have different users for the same machine, can't you just set it up with one Win7 and three different user accounts with individual passwords?  Might be a lot easier that way.  With what you are attempting to do I think you're just looking for trouble.

Seems to be a problem with Windows Image. 

Try to download a new one from here:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

36 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Why Win7 and why three different setups on the same drive?  If you have different users for the same machine, can't you just set it up with one Win7 and three different user accounts with individual passwords?  Might be a lot easier that way.  With what you are attempting to do I think you're just looking for trouble.

I had that idea before but no, making separate accounts wont work for because all the three accounts need to be admin level and cuz of that all apps show up in each account. And if something's to go wrong, all of the 3 "proposed" workspaces will be ruined. Also, I'm limited by my laptop so thats why windows 7. Windows 10 is still in beta for me anyway. :)

EasyBCD may help.

And win10 will always be in beta stage - it's whole idea. :) Personally I never noticed any difference between beta versions and final versions of any program - final versions needs to be updated due to error fixing the same as beta, only not so often. :)

3 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Seems to be a problem with Windows Image. 

Try to download a new one from here: https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

I have made 6 different bootable USBs, almost 5 times now, its not that problem with the iso. I suspect it is messing with partition label which should be x: till installtion is fully complete I suppose and its leading to some other partition thus causing the issue. 

3 hours ago, homeap5 said:

EasyBCD may help.

And win10 will always be in beta stage - it's whole idea. :) Personally I never noticed any difference between beta versions and final versions of any program - final versions needs to be updated due to error fixing the same as beta, only not so often. :)

Tried that. No help. Still my laptop started to crawl when I updated during the free upgrade time period. So windows 10 is a no no for me good sir. 

1 hour ago, Arsenious said:

Still my laptop started to crawl when I updated during the free upgrade time period. So windows 10 is a no no for me good sir. 

Win10 has similar requirements as win7. You must spend some more time to make it works like you want, but that is what you should do in every windows version (it's called personalization or even tuning).

8 minutes ago, Arsenious said:

I have made 6 different bootable USBs, almost 5 times now, its not that problem with the iso. I suspect it is messing with partition label which should be x: till installtion is fully complete I suppose and its leading to some other partition thus causing the issue. 

You're making them into bootable USBs with the same ISO.. That's why. Different USBs won't make a difference.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Win10 has similar requirements as win7. You must spend some more time to make it works like you want, but that is what you should do in every windows version (it's called personalization or even tuning).

Windows 10 is one heavy heap that my old tractor of an i5-520m can't run. Besides if windows is gonna take all the resources, how will I play the handful of games I play. Besides 10 is very restricted so you talking about tuning it probably easier said than done. 

3 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

You're making them into bootable USBs with the same ISO.. That's why. Different USBs won't make a difference.

Do you think I'm dumb? xD

I clearly meant 5 different ISOs. They were downloaded from digital river, so and error in them is not a chance. 

6 minutes ago, Arsenious said:

Do you think I'm dumb? xD

I clearly meant 5 different ISOs. They were downloaded from digital river, so and error in them is not a chance. 

I never said you were dumb..

10 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I have made 6 different bootable USBs, almost 5 times now

You said this, you never mentioned using different ISO images... 

5 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I never said you were dumb..

You said this, you never mentioned using different ISO images... 

Its understood sir. Anyway, you got any better solution than just changing the ISO? 

1 minute ago, Arsenious said:

Its understood sir. Anyway, you got any better solution than just changing the ISO? 

You could try Windows 10 ISO. 

3 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

You could try Windows 10 ISO. 

Yeah, trying that only but I still need a solution for this mess. 

Maybe Paragon Adaptive Restore 2010 can help? I don't know but it's the only progam I know that can fix Windows 7 installation "offline".

You must find ISO somewhere on internet.

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Maybe Paragon Adaptive Restore 2010 can help? I don't know but it's the only progam I know that can fix Windows 7 installation "offline".

You must find ISO somewhere on internet.

I will try that for sure but I have a doubt. Since the installation gets interrupted, will this program be able to recognize the installation there? Windows is still not finished installing fully right? 

Thank you for quick responses guys. Means a lot. I'll update once I'm back home :)

Okay so I installed windows 10, took quite a while to finish. Phew. Now that I had set it all up, installing drivers and others customizations, I began installing another copy and guess what?

It happened again. Winload.exe either missing or corrupted. So the error is not limited to 7 but the way the sshd works. Please get me out of this. 

It's probably because Windows has no option like "install the same system twice or more on the same drive".

I never do that (installing few identical systems on the same drive) but if I did, I'll rename windows directory using bootable usb before installing windows on second partition (so Windows can't detect installation) and at the end of installation, after renaming back I would use easyBCD to edit boot menu. Probably will not work anyway.

It's probably because Windows has no option like "install the same system twice or more on the same drive".

I never do that (installing few identical systems on the same drive) but if I did, I'll rename windows directory using bootable usb before installing windows on second partition (so Windows can't detect installation) and at the end of installation, after renaming back I would use easyBCD to edit boot menu. Probably will not work anyway.

Previous installation has nothing to do in messing up the new installation. The problem probably lies in how the disk is placing the boot files and something along those lines. I used to install multiple windows effortlessly on a normal hdd. Windows 10 is working out fine till now.. 

I tried installing Linux Mint following my previous fix for the problem but it occurred again! Now my linux fails to boot and enters GRUB rescue. However, I can repair my windows using fixmbr in RE but linux is still messed up. Can anyone tell me what to do to get dual-boot working on this sshd?

P. S. Already got the sshd replaced by Seagate.