who ever said ubuntu is stable is stupid

i am damn desperate and an ubuntu noob

windows malfunctioned, so my friend put ubuntu in my laptop 

now my bluetooth aint working, my earphones are not working and my wifi is also not working tried everything from rfkill list for wifi to every possible solution 

nothing is working  same case for bluetooth 

and what the f%&k is dummy output ???

linux haters unite !!!

i need bt for my speakers wifi for obvious reasons and earphones i dont really need but since bt aint connecting so i was thinking it would be okay if i could connect to speakers via aux but that wont happen thanks to the earphones jack not working 

i could have written all this in a better way but i dont think i will get any response, so i am half assing this , i am tired of this shit 

ubuntu sucks and so does everyone who thinks its stable or whatever shit they say 

my laptop is 6 months old so i hope you can understand my frustration

There's a difference between hardware support and stability.

Works great on my many machines ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Without linux, LTT would be VERY different. Just saying...

6 minutes ago, ihateubuntu said:

linux haters unite !!!

1 hour ago, Granular said:

There's a difference between hardware support and stability.

Works great on my many machines ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good operating system works great on MOST of machines, not on "many machines".

And hardware support IS what operating system is made for!

I've try that "operating system" few times, different versions, different computers. It never works as good as Windows, always was less stable, CPU temperatures was crazy sometimes in idle, lack of many settings (typing lot of stuff in terminal doesn't count). It's really not an operating system, it's nice toy for worshipers or for people who wants everythig for free and using computer mostly for browsing websites.

If you want stability, Linux and Windows are the wrong operating systems to be using my friend :P 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Good operating system works great on MOST of machines, not on "many machines".

And hardware support IS what operating system is made for!

I've try that "operating system" few times, different versions, different computers. It never works as good as Windows, always was less stable, CPU temperatures was crazy sometimes in idle, lack of many settings (typing lot of stuff in terminal doesn't count). It's really not an operating system, it's nice toy for worshipers or for people who wants everythig for free and using computer mostly for browsing websites.

In my experience, Ubuntu has worked great on all machines.

And hardware support is what kernels are made for. An OS is more than a kernel.

Linux is what all of AWS, Google cloud, Cloudflare, Facebook's infrastructure and the vast majority of supercomputers run on.

1 hour ago, Granular said:

In my experience, Ubuntu has worked great on all machines.

And hardware support is what kernels are made for. An OS is more than a kernel.

Linux is what all of AWS, Google cloud, Cloudflare, Facebook's infrastructure and the vast majority of supercomputers run on.

Maybe, but we're talking about users. It's just not for them.

For communicate with other computers - maybe. For network stuff - why not. As standalone OS that control some process and user never touch (or even seen) - for sure. But we're talking about regular users, who has THE SAME problems again and again for years! And another versions of Ubuntu distros are almost identical.

OP, probably should stick with window/mac os until you grow up bit. You cannot say a "os" suck because your hardware is incompatible or you have no capacity do some basic research.

I have run linux as my router/nvr and currently has 60 day uptime, basically since last force reboot is when I moved my NVR to another location.

Did you update any packages after you install Ubuntu? Maybe grab a lan cable and update require drivers/packages.

Magical Pineapples

1 hour ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

OP, probably should stick with window/mac os until you grow up bit. You cannot say a "os" suck because your hardware is incompatible or you have no capacity do some basic research.

These days computers and operating systems are not only for computer freaks. Anyone can (and should) use them. And modern operating systems works that way - they adapt to users, not force user to adapt to OS (or "grow up").

13 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Maybe, but we're talking about users. It's just not for them.

For communicate with other computers - maybe. For network stuff - why not. As standalone OS that control some process and user never touch (or even seen) - for sure. But we're talking about regular users, who has THE SAME problems again and again for years! And another versions of Ubuntu distros are almost identical.

I have the same problems with Windows again and again in that it installs adware, spyware, takes forever to (spontaneously) update, resets my preferences when doing it and causes high disk usage that renders computers unusable for a long time after the updates.

I mean it's ok as a toy OS for gamers, but for everything else...

38 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If you want stability, Linux and Windows are the wrong operating systems to be using my friend :P 

You are mac fanboy, what do you know about computing or operating systems LOL :D

I have used mac for 1 year and it's shit. It's for kids who do not want to know how computer works, how anything works. Just need facebook and tweeter and shit like that!

Are you aware that mac can't be installed on about 70% of laptops. And if you manage to install something will not work. I think about 5% of laptops have good support for it. My HP 4540s was one of them. Everything worked correctly except wifi. I changed wifi card and that was it. I even installed upgrades without fear and always everything worked correctly. But the OS itself sucked! I prefer windows. Mac is not even computer OS IMHO. It's gurbage.

48 minutes ago, ihateubuntu said:

i am damn desperate and an ubuntu noob

windows malfunctioned, so my friend put ubuntu in my laptop 

now my bluetooth aint working, my earphones are not working and my wifi is also not working tried everything from rfkill list for wifi to every possible solution 

nothing is working  same case for bluetooth 

and what the f%&k is dummy output ???

linux haters unite !!!

i need bt for my speakers wifi for obvious reasons and earphones i dont really need but since bt aint connecting so i was thinking it would be okay if i could connect to speakers via aux but that wont happen thanks to the earphones jack not working 

i could have written all this in a better way but i dont think i will get any response, so i am half assing this , i am tired of this shit 

ubuntu sucks and so does everyone who thinks its stable or whatever shit they say 

my laptop is 6 months old so i hope you can understand my frustration

Do not get me wrong but you are linux noob i can see from your post and you do not want to learn linux, to search for solutions to your problems and so on.

I actually had ubuntu 14.04 LTS desktop version installed on my server and i had 434 day uptime! This means not a single reboot! It was rock solid. Linux sucks if it's user sucks!

P.S. you installed wrong distro :) You should have installed manjaro! You would not have these kind of issues on manjaro :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

1 minute ago, mate_mate91 said:

have used mac for 1 year and it's shit. It's for kids who do not want to know how computer works, how anything works. Just need facebook and tweeter and shit like that!

Guess you never played around in terminal much. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

Are you aware that mac can't be installed on about 70% of laptops.

Yes, I don't see how that changes its stance as an OS in terms of stability. 

If you shit on the Mac, you shit on Linux. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Guess you never played around in terminal much. Lol.

HAHA i have not played with terminal. You could ask first before posting your asumption. I use terminal on daily basis. I do not even have DE on my arch linux. I only have i3 wm and ONLY terminal apps! except Firefox and Pycharm. Everything else i have in terminal: File manager, torrent client, mail client, music player, youtube, everything.

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yes, I don't see how that changes its stance as an OS in terms of stability.

Even OP said that OS is not just stability it's also compatibility! Mac is not compatible to so many things... LOL they also like to drop support for some devices to force you to buy new. And you call this trash an operating system. It only runs on expencive hardware (in reality it is not even expencive just apple likes to squeeze as much money out of stupid people as it can). Linux is as compatible as it's possible. It runs on EVERY cpu architecture. I have it on my router that uses MIPS architecture, on my phone ARM, on my PC X86-64. I even had it on CELL architecture (PS3)

10 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If you shit on the Mac, you shit on Linux. 

Mac is not linux and it never will be!

P.S. Linux > Windows > put anything here > maybe you forgot something, put it here > mac

those that do backups

1 hour ago, mate_mate91 said:

P.S. Linux > Windows > put anything here > maybe you forgot something, put it here > mac

Well, if Mac is so good, then tell me how to enter SMB path in Mac file explorer? Or any file path using path field and keyboard? I want to type in, not browse by mouse.

My friend who uses Mac and loves it, don't know how to do that (probably typical "Mac is the best" user).

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I will agree that macOS is wonderful, but Linux on supported hardware can be very stable. 

I've had loads of issues with Linux crashing and stuff on certain laptops, but on others it's fine. it depends greatly from hardware to hardware. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

Well, if Mac is so good, then tell me how to enter SMB path in Mac file explorer? Or any file path using path field and keyboard? I want to type in, not browse by mouse.

My friend who uses Mac and loves it, don't know how to do that (probably typical "Mac is the best" user).

Mac is very easy to use, but a consequence of that is that advanced stuff is more difficult. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

Mac is very easy to use, but a consequence of that is that advanced stuff is more difficult. 

Path field in file manager is not advanced stuff, it should be default! Advanced file operations, batch renaming, FTP<->HDD synchronize etc. may be advanced stuff, but not path field! If I must open some Web Browser to enter SMB network path in URL bar and then MacOS tells me that I can open it in File Explorer, then something is very wrong. Why I cannot open it in file browser without using web browser? What will be next? Creating directory on hard drive using Photoshop?

Path field in file manager is not advanced stuff, it should be default! Advanced file operations, batch renaming, FTP<->HDD synchronize etc. may be advanced stuff, but not path field! If I must open some Web Browser to enter SMB network path in URL bar and then MacOS tells me that I can open it in File Explorer, then something is very wrong. Why I cannot open it in file browser without using web browser?

if you go to finder and use the command+k keyboard shortcut it allows you to type a url... 

She/Her

if you go to finder and use the command+k keyboard shortcut it allows you to type a url... 

It must be secret shortut key. In "stupid Windows" all or most keyboard functions have their equivalents in pull-down menus. MacOS should be the most friendly system, so why I must learn secret shortcut keys like in DOS era?

I'm just saying - my friend tells me that MacOS is the best and he doesn't know that command+k "magic" trick.

It's with almost everything as I see - something is "the best", because someone uses it. Without any comparsion to other products/programs/tools.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It must be secret shortut key. In "stupid Windows" all or most keyboard functions have their equivalents in pull-down menus. MacOS should be the most friendly system, so why I must learn secret shortcut keys like in DOS era?

I'm just saying - my friend tells me that MacOS is the best and he doesn't know that command+k "magic" trick.

you can do it in a drop down. it's in 'go - connect to server'. I just prefer keyboard shortcuts. 

She/Her

you can do it in a drop down. it's in 'go - connect to server'. I just prefer keyboard shortcuts. 

I don't want to connect to any serwer or select it from any menu. I want to type path using keyboard, no matter is SMB path or local path.

Facts are - operating system is interface between hardware, software and user. More possibilities to do more stuff if someone has no experience is what makes OS great. The same is with better hardware handling - if user just plug new device and it works without problems - it's OS greatness.

I don't want to connect to any serwer or select it from any menu. I want to type path using keyboard, no matter is SMB path or local path.

that's in the same drop-down. it's called go to folder. or shift+command+G. 

look we can make arguments back and forth but i find a keyboard shortcut faster than having to mouse over to somewhere, click and then type it in. 

She/Her

8 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Friend i posted "Linux > Windows > put anything here > maybe you forgot something, put it here > mac"

Do you know what does ">" mean?

mac is the worst ever OS, EVER! It's shit. That's why i posted what i posted above :)

those that do backups

1 hour ago, mate_mate91 said:

Do you know what does ">" mean?

Right, my bad.

Ubuntu works okay for me, sucks to be you :)

Okay, less trollish. Linux supports most mainstream hardwares. What laptop are you using? 

Sudo make me a sandwich