How do i unlock my phone without loosing data?

How do i unlock my huawei p10 Lite without loosing data. The phone is either android 7 or 7.1 i dont remember. It had a pin that i changed yesturday, i remember i screeenshoted it if i didnt remember but since my phone booted off, now i cant unlock it with my fingerprint and so i cant access the fucking screenshot. If you can either get me to the screenshot folder or tell me a back door that would be great.

So, you can't remember a short PIN? Why doesn't your fingerprint work?
No offense, but this sounds rather fishy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

You have to enter the pin when restarting your phone, fingerprint does not work after restarting it

i do remember some of the pin but i tried it and i locked my phone nowwwwww. How can i prove that i have the phone? you want me to take a pic of the box or smth?

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Well to be honest i know many many people who dont know their SIM pin, and if the OP set like a 8 figure pin then that can be hard to remember.

@YourNewPalAlex Does Huawei have some kind of companion program for PC? So you can connect the phone to the pc and get your info off that way, and then you reset the phone.

Just now, Some Random Member said:

Well to be honest i know many many people who dont know their SIM pin, and if the OP set like a 8 figure pin then that can be hard to remember.

@YourNewPalAlex Does Huawei have some kind of companion program for PC? So you can connect the phone to the pc and get your info off that way, and then you reset the phone.

well idk.

6 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

You have to enter the pin when restarting your phone, fingerprint does not work after restarting it

Riiiiight. I think you're fucked, to be completely honest. It works more or less like a BIOS password doesn't it?

I'd just see if you can wipe the phone and start over. Lessons:

• Back up anything you don't want to lose.
  • Make passwords simple.

4 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

That's a good idea. Maybe some Google app can authenticate it via email or something. Though, I kind of doubt it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

well idk.

Can you just connect the phone to the pc with usb cable and copy all your pictures and stuff of that way?

Just now, Some Random Member said:

Can you just connect the phone to the pc with usb cable and copy all your pictures and stuff of that way?

Well usb settings set to charging as default.

if its a simcard pin, cant those just be skiepd and done later?

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Riiiiight. I think you're fucked, to be completely honest. It works more or less like a BIOS password doesn't it?

I'd just see if you can wipe the phone and start over. Lessons:

• Back up anything you don't want to lose.
  • Make passwords simple.

That's a good idea. Maybe some Google app can authenticate it via email or something. Though, I kind of doubt it.

Because of huaweis security i cannot lock my phone bcuz it doesnt sync when its in this screen even if its connected to the wifi.

7 hours ago, synnapt said:

if its a simcard pin, cant those just be skiepd and done later?

Lock screen not simcard.

Update: I have some experience with android and i know you can either delete the lock screen files with adb or you can copy the full android system. Im going to go with copy because its less risky.

Update: i need usb debbuging for that and i dont think i enabled it.

13 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Because of huaweis fucking security i cannot lock my phone bcuz it doesnt sync when its in this screen even if its connected to the wifi.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I like it, more secure. My Asus has the same thing.

Don't be mad at Huawei because you forgot your PIN :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just now, dizmo said:

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I like it, more secure. My Asus has the same thing.

Don't be mad at Huawei because you forgot your PIN :P

Well it is! You need 1 backdoor for situations like this. Make it super complex (Like htc does with their unlocking of bootloader) make it a pain in the ass. But atleast Make it.

2 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Well it is! You need 1 backdoor for situations like this. Make it super complex (Like htc does with their unlocking of bootloader) make it a pain in the ass. But atleast Make it.

Make it optional...

I would not want some backdoor at all if I saw fit to encrypt my device in the first place. There would be literally no point of encryption if there was any sort of (intentional) backdoor.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 16/07/2018 at 12:00 AM, Zodiark1593 said:

Make it optional...

I would not want some backdoor at all if I saw fit to encrypt my device in the first place. There would be literally no point of encryption if there was any sort of (intentional) backdoor.

Well honestly if you made it as complex as HTCs fcking unlocking bootloader process then I would honestly love that.

20 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You took a screenshot of the pin, but you can't see the screenshot if you forgot the pin anyway

Coolstorybro

I wana make sure I don't lose the key to the gate so I'll throw it over the perimeter fence

I know I'm not being helpful here. But I can't help even if I wanted.

You're either lying or you screwed yourself over.

Yeah I did take a screenshot of the numbers and I could have gotten my data back if everytime you restart your phone you have to enter the bloody pin, but noooooooooo. None the less I just gave up and hard reset the phone. I may have lost some nice pics of my ex but I does not care anymore

I did that with my OnePlus One a while ago. It was shattered so I couldn't put in my pin anymore but I wanted my pictures. Since I was too lazy to go out to buy a usb cable to connect a mouse, I just booted into recovery, then connected it to my PC and it showed up as a limited media device of some sort. The only thing I could access was the Media folder which was all I wanted and in your case I guess all you need. 

Just FYI for all involved, my Moto G5s+ also requires a PIN, password or pattern after any reboot. Fingerprint does not work until the OS had been unlocked.

Also, by default from the factory it came with a 'double boot' - where halfway thru boot sequence it would ask for my password, then bootb again. The description sounded a lot like a secure enclave or virtual machine. 

Edit: Op, does that phone have an SD card? I'd just pull it out & plug into a PC or laptop if this happens again. 

This is a great example of why I never use onboard storage for anything besides apps.