Help finding anything about this component

NecroFlex

So i went on a scavenger hunt and bought a few things, among them was this thing which i have no clue what it is:

IMG_20180711_155733.thumb.jpg.88bf284a87513f4b125ccce1a7c06a20.jpg

More pics below, but in general i have no clue what this could be. I tried to google most of the things written on the PCB and chips but no luck.

The more general written things on the card:

Main chip: IVNET Inc. IVR-LF16 0438

2nd chip: Philips SAA7146AH...CD7757...TtG04524

2 smaller chips: Samsung 202...K4S643232E-IC70

3rd chip: ALTERA ACEX EP1K50TC144-3....DBD580425A

Back side:

NX-5008-07BA50430031

2 chips: Techwell TW2804....BAHE VJ193511....0506

smaller chip: SAA7121H...43300960 04...bPG04442

The 2nd PCB attached via the connector doesn't have anything written on it, except the date od when it was made.

If anyone has any clue what this could be, i'd appreciate it!

IMG_20180711_155742.jpg

IMG_20180711_155758.jpg

Without googling im guesding its a security camera interface card or a whole security system card

image.png.9bbb0ee2ca11139741118cb522e32e08.png

image.png.e9ede029c53d540753da252c1d20f837.png

1. looks like a usb header to me

2. looks like a serial port to me

3. looks like fiber optic connections to me

I'm not an expert, and may be wrong, but I agree that it might be cards for a security system

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Best I can tell is it some type of parallel port adapter card.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 12. 7. 2018 at 11:47 PM, Christophe Corazza said:

Does it have any recognisable text written on it? (Brand, model, series etc.)

I typed down any text i could find on the PCB and chips, it's under the 1st picture.

On 12. 7. 2018 at 10:43 PM, Jtalk4456 said:

I'm not an expert, and may be wrong, but I agree that it might be cards for a security system

Here's another pic, shows further back, has additional connectors.

IMG_20180715_133659.thumb.jpg.b185813ed29ec93f3afbaf08b29656b2.jpg

On 2018/07/12 at 10:43 PM, Jtalk4456 said:

Hehe, you must not have been around long enough to have never seen one of these, but I agree it does look similar to a USB header.

Not sure about the others but no.1 is an old-school PATA (pre SATA) HDD header, so yes it might be part of some old DVR system.

If you're able to install it in a PC, load up device manager. You can look at the hardware ID to get model info even if you can't get the proper drivers to install and use it.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

22 minutes ago, ElectroNoob said:

Hehe, you must not have been around long enough to have never seen one of these, but I agree it does look similar to a USB header.

Not sure about the others but no.1 is an old-school PATA (pre SATA) HDD header, so yes it might be part of some old DVR system.

It's not, count the pins.

That connector is just in parallel with the connector on the back, which is where the coax camera inputs connect trough (trough a adapter cable).

The internal connector allows clean cable routing for dedicated pre-built boxes.

8 hours ago, ElectroNoob said:

yeah i'm a bit past pata, thanks for the correction. The new pic posted has a 40 pin connector. I'm not experienced enough yet to know what uses 40 pin. I googled 40 pin and found an AMP connector

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp/102387-9/A25909-ND/289282?WT.srch=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4avaBRBPEiwA_ZetYrySz3hXQqujw9XRwMqTvFXzZmfzuByod5M4pfeniX034DoLQOd10hoCvRQQAvD_BwE

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

23 hours ago, Unimportant said:

It's not, count the pins.

That connector is just in parallel with the connector on the back, which is where the coax camera inputs connect trough (trough a adapter cable).

The internal connector allows clean cable routing for dedicated pre-built boxes.

Yes indeed. I meant the other one at he bottom of the card is an oldschool 40 pin Parallel ATA HDD header for ribbon cable

15 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

yeah i'm a bit past pata, thanks for the correction. The new pic posted has a 40 pin connector. I'm not experienced enough yet to know what uses 40 pin. I googled 40 pin and found an AMP connector

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp/102387-9/A25909-ND/289282?WT.srch=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4avaBRBPEiwA_ZetYrySz3hXQqujw9XRwMqTvFXzZmfzuByod5M4pfeniX034DoLQOd10hoCvRQQAvD_BwE

Those huge old PATA Hdd's with the ribbon cables uses a 40 pin header connector.

On 2018/07/12 at 10:43 PM, Jtalk4456 said:

No 1 Must be for a Floppy disk  2.54 mm pitch, 34 pins, 2×17 (2 rows of 17 pins) -This thing is ancient

11 minutes ago, ElectroNoob said:

This thing is ancient

Says 2004 on the front side, not *that* ancient.

Pretty sure it's simply paralleled with the connector on the back to provide internal connections for the camera inputs, as done with many other similar CCTV cards.

2 hours ago, Unimportant said:

In computer tech terms, 2004 is not that young either ;)

2 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

In computer tech terms, 2004 is not that young either ;)

Depends, I would not be surprised if CCTV capture cards have not evolved much since then.

16 minutes ago, Unimportant said:

Depends, I would not be surprised if CCTV capture cards have not evolved much since then.

True, I'll give you that :P Certain specific cases have not evolved any further.

But in general, and especially compared to the recent tech, I don't see a 2004 piece of harware as still up to date.

LOOKS like an older parallel remap card.

Lets play connect the dots!

::::::::::

22 hours ago, ElectroNoob said:

22 hours ago, Unimportant said:

Pretty sure it's simply paralleled with the connector on the back to provide internal connections for the camera inputs, as done with many other similar CCTV cards.

19 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

True, I'll give you that :P Certain specific cases have not evolved any further.

But in general, and especially compared to the recent tech, I don't see a 2004 piece of harware as still up to date.

18 hours ago, AGrider said:

LOOKS like an older parallel remap card.

Idk how else to tag people here so i'm quoting, FORGIVE ME:$

Here's a pic of the Hardware ID, i googled a bit but didn't find much about it.

IMG_20180716_153145.thumb.jpg.39f782330eb9178b07254a88706bf8e8.jpg

2 hours ago, NecroFlex said:

Here's a pic of the Hardware ID,

Vendor 0x1131, Device 0x7146 is for the Philips SAA7146

Nothing new there :/

• 2 weeks later...

A PCI interface chipset from Philips.

The SAA7146 is foremost simply a multimedia bridge to the PCI bus. It does not perform A/V decoding functions and, thus, does not have audio and video inputs, but rather provides a number of interface ports for standardized digital audio video streams. At a minimum, the SAA7146 can perform some processing on the video streams it is fed by providing scaling capabilities.

Essentially, the SAA7146 "enable a wide variety of video and audio ICs to be connected to the PCI-bus thus supporting a number of video applications in a PC". The SAA7146 was well utilized and, not surprisingly, can be found configured on different PCI hardware devices such as analogue video framegrabbers, tv-cards, and A/V editing boards (see Saa7146 devices).

It is noteworthy to highlight that the SAA7146 was initially intended only as a multimedia interface for analog audio and video, however, the IC was adjusted to work with DVB by packing demodulated MPEG-2 Transport Stream data into the video interface lines of the IC. A large number of older generation DVB PCI card designs (such from TechnoTrend, Siemens, Hauppauge, KNC1 and TerraTec) did indeed made use of the SAA7146 as the PCI interface bridge. This hackish approach works surprisingly well in most setups, though, in some rare cases, a few end users have reported problems with high data loss. A more formal approach to providing DVB support was implemented in the SAA7146 chipset's direct successor, the SAA7134, as the later IC has a dedicated digital stream interface.

Lets play connect the dots!