#AskLTX Q&A

CPotter

Hey!

We're gathering up some questions to ask Edzel, Nick L, and Linus on-stage at LTX, which we'll either be live-streaming or video-ing. 

Hit me with your best, actual questions. :D 

For Nick L: What made you such a good automobile painter?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

16 minutes ago, CPotter said:

We're gathering up some questions to ask Edzel, Nick L, and Linus on-stage at LTX, which we'll either be live-streaming or video-ing.

Question to ask Edzel:

1. How do you think that Linus Media Group has changed throughout the years and what do you think would be the hardest task of your job that is going to be a challenge (I am curious about that after he posted a video showing what he does day to day on the job he has at LMG)?

Question to ask Nick L:

1. What would be your favorite aspect of getting to work with Linus and his team and do you think about technology in general (what is your level of passion towards technology)?

Question(s) for Linus:

1. In the future do you think that the costs for the latest hardware will increase or decrease and what do you predict will happen to the demand for computer hardware especially graphics cards and RAM for computer systems?

2. When is the next episode of Scrapyard Wars going to be made and what do you plan towards your future for your channel named "LinusCatTips" (are you going to continue the content for that channel or are you going to abandon or discontinue the channel)?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

29 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Question to ask Edzel:

1. How do you think that Linus Media Group has changed throughout the years and what do you think would be the hardest task of your job that is going to be a challenge (I am curious about that after he posted a video showing what he does day to day on the job he has at LMG)?

Question to ask Nick L:

1. What would be your favorite aspect of getting to work with Linus and his team and do you think about technology in general (what is your level of passion towards technology)?

Question(s) for Linus:

1. In the future do you think that the costs for the latest hardware will increase or decrease and what do you predict will happen to the demand for computer hardware especially graphics cards and RAM for computer systems?

2. When is the next episode of Scrapyard Wars going to be made and what do you plan towards your future for your channel named "LinusCatTips" (are you going to continue the content for that channel or are you going to abandon or discontinue the channel)?

These are all great, thanks to you and the other peeps for the questions.

Question for Linus: Does getting high end hardware for free reduce the excitement of it? I know that the product usually gets paid for in a way by the "advertising" of it on the channel but still it is a lot different in some ways.

2 minutes ago, CPotter said:

These are all great, thanks to you and the other peeps for the questions.

You are welcome, do you or anyone else happen to know when these questions have to be picked out into a final list (so that I will have some time to add any more questions that I think of) and are the questions limited to these members of the LMG team only or will it be open to other team members of Linus Media Group such as video editors?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

You are welcome, do you or anyone else happen to know when these questions have to be picked out into a final list (so that I will have some time to add any more questions that I think of) and are the questions limited to these members of the LMG team only or will it be open to other team members of Linus Media Group such as video editors?

I'm typing up the final list right now, so these are in there. These questions will only be for Ed, Nick, and Linus.

Question for Linus:

What is the best laptop you've ever used and why is it a MacBook Pro?

Thank you for answering my question. 

Edzel: What's the most extreme or ridiculous thing you've had to do to a coworker to push production forward?

Nick: Cake or pie?

Linus: What fantasy/sci fi piece of future tech are you yearning to see in reality?

Linus: where the heck are the moderator shirts?

Nick: why do they still refer to you as Nick L or Nick Light even though Berkel left? Is it habit?

Ed: Any particular reason for the Monstercat hat?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Question for Linus: Are you happy with your current Life style and if not what would you like to change ?

Question for Nick L: Coca Cola or Pepsi ?

Question for Edzel: Who from the Team is your best friend ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Question for Linus: What is the most important business lesson you've experienced in your career at LMG?

Another for Linus: What books had a serious influence on how you conduct your business?

for Nick: What is the greatest thing working at LMG has taught you?

for Edzel: What is your proudest achievement at LMG? 

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Question for Linus: Why don't we see you ramble anymore on camera, when viewership and engagement on WAN shows wherein you do so always seem be much higher than the pre-planned shows?

Question for anyone: How high are the actual conversion rates on videos referenced like "see more about this here"? As end viewers- it's really annoying and am curious if that will change moving forward? 

(for the second question which is a bit controversial so I'm fine if left uncovered; here's just a bit of an explanation from my side, the following doesn't need to be included- viewing the referenced video needs a click, watching through ads, pre-rolls, more ads, filler, etc. etc. to get to the content which could be easily covered briefly for a minute or two within the original video itself leading to a much better viewer experience. For instance- on a video titled "Oculus vs Vive FINAL ANSWER"- Luke didn't cover the headsets at all, shoving it to another video he made instead)

PC in Profile

On 7/10/2018 at 4:40 AM, LucidMew said:

Linus: At what point in the future do you think you're going to "grow out" of the warehouse you're in now and buy another building to shoot in?

Same. Also, when will you do a new set for Wan Show? Maybe a green screen with the articles hosts are quoting from shown behind.

Question for Linus:

Do you see a future where Floatplane becomes bigger than LMG in terms of profitability or do you think it will always be a 'side project'?

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Question for anyone, what do you think about one or two tech companies turning into mega conglomerates? could it happen that say Microsoft and Samsung buy up all of the others to make just one massive company, almost like what's happening in the media space and food space

I make intelligent lights do cool things