Phone is unable to receive calls

Hey guys,

Remember How I've complained about my Lenovo A536 being a piece of crap some time ago? Well, shortly after I've bought it, I've made another really bad decision by recommending it to my mother, who bought it as well. Surprise, she now has issues with it too, so she gave it to my brother. Every time the phone receives a call, an error message pops up saying "Process com.android.phone has stopped", making it impossible to answer (the phone, however, is able to make calls itself). The other side is told that the number is not available at the moment. I've tried looking for solutions on Google. Every guide says that the last option if everything else fails is to restore the device to its factory defaults, which was the first thing my brother tried (which I'd do anyway after getting a used phone, even if everything worked properly). Unfortunately, this didn't help. Any suggestions? 

5 minutes ago, Methanol Ethanolovicz said:

Unfortunately, this didn't help. Any suggestions? 

Return it to where you bought it from for a full refund.
You're clearly unhappy with the product, and it's not performing the way it should. Being unable to accept phone calls is considered a major flaw in a phone. As such you are entitled to a refund.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

if you still have warranty, return the pieve of sh-

if not, you can try finding the global list of modems for your device, rooting it, and then flashing the new modem either through ADB or through a custom recovery like TWRP.

this is kinda hard to do if you're not that deep into the android stuff tough.

Product is clearly foulty. Return it and get you money back. See if you can get yourself a Nokia. Their latest models at every price tier (except flagship) is a really good buy. 

I highly doubt it's still covered by warranty, she bought it shortly after I did, which has been nearly 3 years. (the standard warranty in this country is 2 years) 

5 minutes ago, Methanol Ethanolovicz said:

I highly doubt it's still covered by warranty, she bought it shortly after I did, which has been nearly 3 years. (the standard warranty in this country is 2 years) 

Bring it back to where you got it from, or your carrier....demonstrate the issue and ask them to fix it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

That would be the easiest solution, but how am I supposed to get a refund, if the warranty has already expired? If I brought it back where we got it from, they'd probably just tell us that they can't help us because this device is no longer supported, or would charge completely unreasonable amount of money for fixing it. The phone isn't really worth anything, it's powered by an ancient MediaTek SoC, has an awful display with insane touch latency, terrible camera, merely 8 GB of internal storage and 1 GB of RAM, poorly built creaky plastic body and an OS built on Android 4.4.2 with some of the worst optimizations in the world, with no support whatsoever. I think it would be better to just buy a new one from a more reputable brand than spending any money on fixing it. So unless I can do it myself, it's not a viable option.