Tek Syndicate pretty much ded

Juanitology
1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

... Only tech Youtuber I still watch more frequently is Kyle and Steve off GamersNexus if I want an in depth tech review.

If you want in depth reviews of motherboards and PSUs, I can recommend OC3D. TTL tends to sometimes go overboard with analysis (and is known Corsair fanboy), but he also covers a lot of issues with new motherboards voltage controls and stuff like that. Usually sparking manufacturers to release BIOS patches.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you want in depth reviews of motherboards and PSUs, I can recommend OC3D. TTL tends to sometimes go overboard with analysis (and is known Corsair fanboy), but he also covers a lot of issues with new motherboards voltage controls and stuff like that. Usually sparking manufacturers to release BIOS patches.

Also if you want details about the actual hardware check out buildzoid’s (Actually Hardcore Overclocking) PCB breakdowns.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

15 hours ago, mr moose said:

Yep, I was enjoying the level1 stuff until Wendell started mouthing off about how Australia's internet was this that and the other thing.  He was so far for the truth it wasn't funny, I could have let it go except he was so self assured he knew what he was talking about it I haven't watched it since.

This is the problem with a lot of "tech-youtubers". They know next to nothing, but gives off an aura of experience and knowledge.

If you hadn't know what Australia's Internet is like, you would most likely have believed the false reality Wendell painted in that video. The same was very true for Logan, which I constantly called out for being wrong (to which his viewers would attack me, saying I was just a hater).

The same is true for things like TechQuickie as well. They are constantly wrong about things, but because the presenters comes across as being knowledgeable people who don't understand the subject will believe the misinformation is true.

And because people generally don't like being told what they believe is wrong, once they learn something (which can be incorrect) they will defend the incorrect information very strongly.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:24 PM, dual290x said:

Wendell is smart, but has a smerky know-it-all attitude. Therefore, I could not and will not watch him. 

To be honest, from all the PC related channels I've watched, Wendell is the person to come off as know-it-all the least to me.

I actually used to really enjoy Tek Syndicate. Back in like 2013-2014 they were my favorite out of the "entertainment/tech kind of channels. I also used to enjoy Austin Evens back when he did PC builds, but now I just find him cringy. Honestly the whole tech-tuber thing just seems to be boring to me these days, because of two reasons I guess, one, everything's been done, and there are not nearly enough new part releases that are actually interesting. Hell, if not for Ryzen coming in and making things interesting again, I don't think there'd be ANYTHING keeping me around.

The only channels I watch now are Gamer's Nexus and a bunch of other small channels. I had to retreat from the big ones because they all became too "professional" and overproduced for me.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

To be honest, from all the PC related channels I've watched, Wendell is the person to come off as know-it-all the least to me.

Yeah, never saw him act like a know it all. From what I've seen of him he seems like a really pleasant person.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Hasn't Wendell grown over the years...

Remember when he hid his face... like every video...

Remember when he was shy... only talking when it called for technical knowledge.

He's adapted well...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 6/23/2018 at 10:04 AM, fpo said:

I only watch LTT and sometimes JayZ 2 cents. Other than that, I know enough about the basics of the Pc hobby that I don’t really need to know much else. 

That and Green Ham Gaming hasn’t uploaded in like 8 months. 

The state of tech-tubing is pretty poor these days. Tech Yes City is still solid content, mostly because Bryan is the king of value hunting and throwing together solid used builds. Budget Builds Official, when they upload, make some solid, entertaining content. LTT still has a hit between all the filler every so often (sorry guys), and that's more or less it for the modern content guys.

I'm really enjoying PhilsComputerLab lately. He plays with the stuff I played with in high school and college, and it's fun to watch it put back together and back into use. My XP gaming PC was inspired by watching his channel. AA Computers and Technology has scaled back as of late due to what I assume are funding issues, but some of his content has been good too. Plus, he's a business-class laptop nerd like me.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

So what exactly happened to them? I remember liking their channel several years ago, but it's been a while since I've even thought about that channel. Nowadays, I'm mostly floating around Linus, Jay, and some others.

@aisle9 I’m sure they’re great as I’ve seen a few of their videos but LTT JayZ and GHG do it a bit more professionally and in reasonable video lengths. Plus I kinda have a computer. Watching people say “old i5 can still play video games” for old for me. It’s the same old story for many budget builds. I actually didn’t like the newest scrapyard wars as 1, it was waaaaay too long. I don’t like the TV format with interviews thrown in to reflect what they were thinking and long videos. Plus I saw the other ones. “Look at Craigslist, find a good Deal, talk to find the best and go buy it.” That might be interesting to some people & younger viewers but I got tired of it. 

If tech tubing is slowing down, (which LTT doesn’t seem like it is) it’s likely due to people having gaming computer or not buying them from graphics card prices. 

8 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

So what exactly happened to them? I remember liking their channel several years ago, but it's been a while since I've even thought about that channel. Nowadays, I'm mostly floating around Linus, Jay, and some others.

They had a fallout.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 hours ago, TetraSky said:

They had a fallout.

Well, these materials were about as good an explanation as I could have asked for. Thanks! :) 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:16 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Eh, we all have our own opinions. Have a good one. :)

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

I don't think Logan really cares about the numbers and from what Logan said on the matter I believe him and as for them "self destructing", they are all doing what they want and enjoying it, so good for them.