First ever build :D

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

If you can pay for the best (Asrock Taichi versus Asus Maximus for example), then yes. Their mid range stuff overclock just as well, more of a battle between features like expansion slots and connectivity.

I personally like ASUS bios better for overclocking and have had more succession but that could be other things too :P 

3 minutes ago, Olagine said:

I would change that SSD to a PCIe m.2 SSD from Samsung.

Also, get the NZXT Kraken x62 if you can. I personally would go air cooled but it's all about preferences :D

Maybe opt for a 2TB WD Blue HDD instead.

Also, noctua fans perform much better. 

Mushkin NVMe are far cheaper for only a slight reduction in perfromance...

Sorry on mobile... Having trouble with controls

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

Kraken is overpriced. 

Well in my case the Corsair is actually more expensive, hence me saying "if you can". 

1 minute ago, RyokuHasu said:

Mushkin NVMe are far cheaper for only a slight reduction in perfromance...

Sorry on mobile... Having trouble with controls

Perhaps, but they're not always available (for me anyway) 

Just now, Olagine said:

I would change that SSD to a PCIe m.2 SSD from Samsung.

Also, get the NZXT Kraken x62 if you can. I personally would go air cooled but it's all about preferences :D

Maybe opt for a 2TB WD Blue HDD instead.

Also, noctua fans perform much better. 

I don't think I will need an M.2 because from what i've seen people say the boot speeds for windows is pretty negligible and that's basically what I want my SSD for aside from a few games that would benefit from a faster load speed. NZXT is a bit more expensive even though they're more sexy so I have to take no on that one. I don't need more than 1tb of HDD as my current computer has 1tb of storage and only recently have I used a lot downloading games. I currently have about 144GB left of storage and that is with a shit ton of stuff I probably don't need. As for the fans I plan to get however much HD140's for the case and HD120's for the AIO.

poop

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

I personally like ASUS bios better for overclocking and have had more succession but that could be other things too :P 

For mid range stuff, Asrock wins on hardware, then proceeds to play dumb in designing their BIOS. That's what makes them equal at the end of the day

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

For mid range stuff, Asrock wins on hardware, then proceeds to play dumb in designing their BIOS. That's what makes them equal at the end of the day

Good to know i haven't seen anything on the hardware from them too much but thanks for the info! 

Post screen is always the same speed, but after post screen im on desktop instantly on my nvme ssd

Just now, RyokuHasu said:

Post screen is always the same speed, but after post screen im on desktop instantly on my nvme ssd

Its a pretty small difference and your really only going to see a difference in read/write speed :)

6 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

If you can pay for the best (Asrock Taichi versus Asus Maximus for example), then yes. Their mid range stuff overclock just as well, more of a battle between features like expansion slots and connectivity.

Yeah I would get the best mobo's but 1. I don't have the money 2. I don't have the need to :P

poop

2 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Its a pretty small difference and your really only going to see a difference in read/write speed :)

True, I play Black Desert Online off it and it really helps with the horrible pop-in of models and textures is far less noticeable with the read speeds.

True, I play Black Desert Online off it and it really helps with the horrible pop-in of models and textures is far less noticeable with the read speeds.

I also plan to use the SSD for open world games as well as competitive games :P

poop

As for my large storage... Im a bit of a storage enthusiast, I use several WD RE drives, sacrificing heat, noise, and power consumption for performance, quality, and durability. 

As for my large storage... Im a bit of a storage enthusiast, I use several WD RE drives, sacrificing heat, noise, and power consumption for performance, quality, and durability. 

Once I'm in a more financially stable state (aka when I get a job or get older) I know my PC is gonna be 100% overkill :P

poop

While RE are overkill by themself for TRUE overkill HDDs you want WD Golds then ;)

Just now, RyokuHasu said:

While RE are overkill by themself for TRUE overkill HDDs you want WD Golds then ;)

I prefer SSD's if I have the money ;)

poop

SSDs are nice but are far less durable then high end HDDs. 1.2+ million hour Mean time before failure ratings cant be denied ;)

SSDs are nice but are far less durable then high end HDDs. 1.2+ million hour Mean time before failure ratings cant be denied ;)

Dang that's pretty long but I prefer being as fast as possible as I'm quite impatient (not really but it'd be nice to have quick things. wait that's not what she said)

poop

I rather have a long lasting steam drive that will last in case valve went under. Since they said if they ever shutdown steam they'd unlock all your games beforehand

I rather have a long lasting steam drive that will last in case valve went under. Since they said if they ever shutdown steam they'd unlock all your games beforehand

Wait what's this about them ever shutting down? :o

poop

Nothing, its just they said IF they ever went under (not like they ever will) they will remove all the DRM from your games first.

Nothing, its just they said IF they ever went under (not like they ever will) they will remove all the DRM from your games first.

Wow

poop