Looking for excellent audio experience - Willing to splurge on headphones, which to get?

YajirobeFromDC

Willing to drop up to 1k on headphones if its absolutely worth it, but am more so looking for the best price to performance, I don't want to spend an extra $500 for an extra 5% sound quality.  Will be using a 02+ODAC  to drive them.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Everything really, I am a big tool fan for sure. I also like the classic rock and old school hip hop. Will also listen to the odd billboard top 100 song every so often

Everything really, I am a big tool fan for sure. I also like the classic rock and old school hip hop. Will also listen to the odd billboard top 100 song every so often

Probably HE-500's. If you can get them used for around $500 they'll work for you.

AKG K712 pro's are also another good option.

I've tried the He-500, sound great, the the weight kills it for me. Can't wear those for 6+ hours.

I have heard good things about the LCD-2 but they seem to have the same problem for me as the he-500, weight.

Those t1s are intriguing though, anyone compared to the hd800 and if so, are the HD800s worth the price tag? They seem to be one of the most comfortable headphones. It seems you can get them for around $1000 used. Not sure if they are worth that though.

Hd800's are $700 headphones with a $1500 price tag. They aren't good.

I had the t1's and they're about the same as my dt990's that cost $100.

I suggest the akg k712 pro then. Ortho's are nice but heavy.

I'll try to go listen to some Akg k712 at a local store, hopefully they are comfy :)

I'll try to go listen to some Akg k712 at a local store, hopefully they are comfy :)

They are. They fixed the headband in the older models that hurt your head after 15 minutes. I bought it's little brother (akg k612 pro) today so hopefully it fixed my only problem with AKG headphones.

They are. They fixed the headband in the older models that hurt your head after 15 minutes. I bought it's little brother (akg k612 pro) today so hopefully it fixed my only problem with AKG headphones.

Someone who has those yay. I'm considering them since they are 145€ and the k-701 is 190€ and has drill bits on it so according to the one review I found the difference between the afore mentioned is not massive. So pretty please some feedback on the pair would be appreciated :D

For the op sorry I derailed a bit, but I'm not one to suggest audio products

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum