I'm not sure what's happened to Corsairs quality recently? (RAM)

I recently bought some Corsair Vengeance 'PRO Series' RAM after seeing the specs and how nice it looked.

When I first opened the packet I was quite shocked how much the metal clip on to rattled.

Anyway I went to fit it in my mobo with the usual amount of force and the heat spreader just fell straight off.

I was expecting it to clip on or something put it is literally held on with just thermal tape.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've heard a few people complaining about Corsair's QC recently especially with the 750D.

yhdSFD1.jpg

I recently bought some Corsair Vengeance 'PRO Series' RAM after seeing the specs and how nice it looked.

When I first opened the packet I was quite shocked how much the metal clip on to rattled.

Anyway I went to fit it in my mobo with the usual amount of force and the heat spreader just fell straight off.

I was expecting it to clip on or something put it is literally held on with just thermal tape.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've heard a few people complaining about Corsair's QC recently especially with the 750D.

I have bought many products from Corsair (PSU,Watercooler,Keyboard) , and none of them have ever broken.

I love my Corsair products. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I have bought many products from Corsair (PSU,Watercooler,Keyboard) , and none of them have ever broken.

I love my Corsair products. 

I love Corsair products too. I've been using them for years. I currently use a K90, h60, h100i and a couple of their SSDs. They've all been great. I use Corsair stuff in builds for people all the time but just recently a few of my friends have had problems.

Perhaps, my 2 year old Corsair memory and my month old PSU are perfectly fine.  Maybe you just got a lemon,  the thing about the internet is that people almost never write about a product unless there was something wrong with it.  But, there is still the chance that Corsair's QC has degraded.

A few people complaining doesn't mean their quality has gone down. I have never had a problem with Corsair's build/product quality, including my 750D. Every company will have bad batches of things. 

900D suffers some build quality issues believe it or not.  The 900D's panel gap isn't really consistent and the door(atleast on mine) has some issues to say the least.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Bad stuff comes from everyone and half the time it is shipping. UPS is the absolute worst. I pay extra for fed ex now UPS is so bad.  On newegg's facebook, I think my personal favorite was a UPS dude who dumped an entire computer build in a trashcan, while it was snowing. I can only imagine what they do to stuff in transport. Maybe drop kick them around? 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Bad stuff comes from everyone and half the time it is shipping. UPS is the absolute worst. I pay extra for fed ex now UPS is so bad.  On newegg's facebook, I think my personal favorite was a UPS dude who dumped an entire computer build in a trashcan, while it was snowing. I can only imagine what they do to stuff in transport. Maybe drop kick them around? 

Here in the UK we do have a few companies that really don't give a crap about your stuff and they throw it about and leave it outside your house if you're not in :/