8 core version of 8700k is coming this Fall!

Rakanoth
14 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

Listen, I'm in the market for a PC (CPU) upgrade later this year and I go for enthusiast parts.

But the way Intel is behaving by demoing a Xeon chip as that clearly was not a new chip, then fail to mention it was overclocked suggests to me that I might need to take my money over to AMD.

As frankly why would I was my money on a company/chipset that isn't as good as claimed or - worse isn't as claimed.

huh its going to be on cascade lake x, failed to mention but media ran with their speculations when 2 things were confirmed only by intel and their showing of it

seriously I dont know how long you been around but this shit happens all the time

cpu/ram/ssd fuck even rgb was simulated in some shows before their actual product arrived which this wasnt even simulated

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

huh its going to be on cascade lake x, failed to mention but media ran with their speculations when 2 things were confirmed only by intel and their showing of it

seriously I dont know how long you been around but this shit happens all the time

cpu/ram/ssd fuck even rgb was simulated in some shows before their actual product arrived

I know what the difference is between 'a concept' and a 'product advertisement'.

This isn't normal. Its downright deceitful. As was indicated in the thread on Tuesday:

Intel advertising by displaying a product that technically isn't what they claim it is.

Hence why not sure I believe the 8-core 8700k claim.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

2 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

I know what the difference is between 'a concept' and a 'product advertisement'.

This isn't normal. Its downright deceitful. As was indicated in the thread on Tuesday:

Intel advertising by displaying a product that technically isn't what they claim it is.

Hence why not sure I believe the 8-core 8700k claim.

lol again like I said few actually reported the truth of what they seen with speculation

many reported the copy and pasted the speculation as 5ghz 28 core truth

I was in that thread stating same thing

waterblock right? all core 5ghz no boost 3.0? no base clocks given just flat out 5ghz right cause we get those from any company now days lol

oh wait didnt we have huge news threads all over on MCE and 8700k reviews need to be redone cuz 4.7 all core?

wait that doesnt make sense huh

yes blame the media that copy and pasted that shit

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol again like I said few actually reported the truth of what they seen with speculation

many reported the copy and pasted the speculation as 5ghz 28 core truth

I was in that thread stating same thing

waterblock right? all core 5ghz no boost 3.0? no base clocks given just flat out 5ghz right cause we get those from any company now days lol

oh wait didnt we have huge news threads all over on MCE and 8700k reviews need to be redone cuz 4.7 all core?

wait that doesnt make sense huh

yes blame the media that copy and pasted that shit

If you don't have a problem with Intel masquerading a US$10,000 Xeon processor as a new chip to fool consumers that its a new chip about to be released, then obviously there is no hope for you.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

Just now, mark_cameron said:

If you don't have a problem with Intel masquerading a US$10,000 Xeon processor as a new chip to fool consumers that its a new chip about to be released, then obviously there is no hope for you.

lol do you not understand its been stated on cascadelake x

do we have cascade lake x yet?

ok then

Why are we still talking about Intel's mythical 28-core joke of a cpu in this thread?   It's not worth it.  Every party involved (intel and the press) made a fool of themselves.

*ahem*

At any rate, I'm curious if we do have a good idea about the CPU's power draw, because it somehow needs to be compatible with other 300 boards - and I think there are certain power limits to those boards.  I have a feeling to be reasonably compatbile, it won't be hitting as high a clock as the 6 core.  It'll be more like a Ryzen 7 on an intel board, but that's just my speculation.

If this isn't the case, the 8086k truly would be completely unnecessary.  Also, if this isn't the case, it could really be like the FX all over, because you know some boards just won't work with it no matter what bios updates they try.  And that leads to that same kind of confusion as the FX 9000.

But I think intel will leave the 8700k/8086k as the 'gamer's chip'.

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You are right, most people do not need what they buy.

A used pc like a 4th gen intel is sufficient for most people.

Which costs a couple hundred bucks.

They do the same thing with vehicles.

Most people, as in 90% of modern day gamers and such, (the average joe who just browses the web should just buy a q6600 off of ebay) which a 4th gen intel cpu is nearly outdated for, dont even use all 8 cores. Streaming pubg, csgo and fortnite can be done on a 6 core CPU. 8 cores if designed for video editors and encoders who need to always be working on something, as well as peoplr who stream AAA titles

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

$450 would be a fair price, but even at that price I would hope it's compatible with Z370,since most decent Z370 boards should be capable of running an 8 core.

The same could be said about the 8700k and the z270 mobos. Most decent z270 motherboards are capable of running a 8700k but they ended up not having compatibility. Maybe it's different this time because they already added the extra pins for power and had planned on the 8 core at the time. If they didn't think ahead and weren't planning on putting an 8 core then I wouldn't get my hopes up. In all honesty with the way z370 was rushed I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't support the 8 core. 

2 hours ago, pas008 said:

lol do you not understand its been stated on cascadelake x

do we have cascade lake x yet?

ok then

People would give AMD shit if they ran their 2700x on ln2 and didn't tell anyone and ran it at 5ghz stating it's a new cpu coming out next spring. I mean even if they did come out with a Zen 2 r7 that was capable of hitting 5ghz it would still be misleading and strait b.s.. I mean if they have a 28 core cascade x part that can do 5ghz on 28 cores then they could have show that instead. The fact is they don't have one working currently so for them to basically promise 5ghz on 28 cores by showing one on stage is strait up lying. 

Hmmm...I have been fighting the urge to snag a 8086k since I am doing almost all gaming these days.  I guess I could wait for this and not have to go down in core count.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

People would give AMD shit if they ran their 2700x on ln2 and didn't tell anyone and ran it at 5ghz stating it's a new cpu coming out next spring. I mean even if they did come out with a Zen 2 r7 that was capable of hitting 5ghz it would still be misleading and strait b.s.. I mean if they have a 28 core cascade x part that can do 5ghz on 28 cores then they could have show that instead. The fact is they don't have one working currently so for them to basically promise 5ghz on 28 cores by showing one on stage is strait up lying. 

What?

Like i said in previous thread its show casing an unannounced product

You don't give all info on unannounced shit plain and simple

Fyi amd wouldn't get slack

Did they get slack for many ryzen not hitting 4.2 like amd and many claimed?

Ok then

Quickly turned to 3.9 and 4.1

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

What?

Like i said in previous thread its show casing an unannounced product

You don't give all info on unannounced shit plain and simple

Fyi amd wouldn't get slack

Did they get slack for many ryzen not hitting 4.2 like amd and many claimed?

Ok then

Quickly turned to 3.9 and 4.1

Intel literally immitted that what they did was wrong so the fact that you still defend them is kinda ridiculous. The fact of the matter is running a cpu at 5ghz with exotic cooling without telling people is just misleading and doesn't give a real representation of the performance the cpu will offer the consumer. Also I have no idea what you are talking about with the ryzen and 4.2 ghz? Are you talking about ryzen one or two? Because I never remember them saying 4.2 with ryzen 1 and ryzen 2 generally get around 4.2 as it's max overclock just like they said. 

17 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Intel literally immitted that what they did was wrong so the fact that you still defend them is kinda ridiculous. The fact of the matter is running a cpu at 5ghz with exotic cooling without telling people is just misleading and doesn't give a real representation of the performance the cpu will offer the consumer. Also I have no idea what you are talking about with the ryzen and 4.2 ghz? Are you talking about ryzen one or two? Because I never remember them saying 4.2 with ryzen 1 and ryzen 2 generally get around 4.2 as it's max overclock just like they said. 

ryzen 1 for starters, and yes there are many articles out there with 4.2

and intel must release a statement after the media copy and pasted the falsehood of certain media

not sure about you but my tech news from many outlets had it right in the beginning saying waterblock and all core which any tech news media shit should understand is an overclock, just like many news outlets on mce being on through default on mobos and their reviews which they back stated

intel confirmed 28 core and cascadelakex only

media copy and pasted 28 core and 5ghz, damn right intel would come out clearing that info especially with a visible waterblock lol

intel wouldnt confirm base clock, boost, or even boost table

oh wait only stated 28 core and cascadelakex

and if they did this on skylake process even more power to them lol its already yr old

I did laugh at the intro... It's us.

But it's like this. How can we take seriously anything Intel announces?

Given their shredded credibility? Are Intel lying about this? Are they lying about the 8 core 8700k?

2 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

I did laugh at the intro... It's us.

But it's like this. How can we take seriously anything Intel announces?

Given their shredded credibility? Are they lying about this?

credibility? and what does this have to do with anything their is another thread for this

but on that note

unannounced products and timelines happen all the time doesnt mean they actually pinpoint it

I dont know if you been born in a barn but shit doesnt always go accordingly to plan

and like i said from before watch  computex video you will see intel briefly showed  their other product which you are for some  reason butthurt about

and if you want to know what intel has been doing with some of its fab time

read this https://www.techspot.com/news/75020-intel-now-capable-producing-full-silicon-wafers-quantum.html

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

credibility? and what does this have to do with anything their is another thread for this

but on that note

unannounced products and timelines happen all the time doesnt mean they actually pinpoint it

I dont know if you been born in a barn but shit doesnt always go accordingly to plan

and like i said from before watch  computex video you will see intel briefly showed  their other product which you are for some  reason butthurt about

and if you want to know what intel has been doing with some of its fab time

read this https://www.techspot.com/news/75020-intel-now-capable-producing-full-silicon-wafers-quantum.html

The intro comments have everything to do with it.

Intel have taken a massive credibility hit. In my eyes. And many others.

5 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

The intro comments have everything to do with it.

Intel have taken a massive credibility hit. In my eyes. And many others.

how millennial type thinking? are you owed something on an unannounced product?

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

how millennial type thinking? are you owed something on an unannounced product?

If it delays me upgrading for a snake oil salesman promising a product that doesn't exist. Yeah.

7 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

If it delays me upgrading for a snake oil salesman promising a product that doesn't exist. Yeah.

oh wow keep digging seriously keep digging

but on that note you can get tr 1950x for 630 right now at microcenter

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

oh wow keep digging seriously keep digging

but on that note you can get tr 1950x for 630 right now at microcenter

Another thing to note, microcenter has the right core 7820x for $399.99 and $30 off with a board. Makes the normal ~$300-350 more believable. I'm not going to say much more than that though.

2 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Another thing to note, microcenter has the right core 7820x for $399.99 and $30 off with a board. Makes the normal ~$300-350 more believable. I'm not going to say much more than that though.

already stated that

Just now, pas008 said:

already stated that

Guess I missed that. You guys go faster n' I can keep up with. My apologies.

8 hours ago, pas008 said:

ryzen 1 for starters, and yes there are many articles out there with 4.2

and intel must release a statement after the media copy and pasted the falsehood of certain media

not sure about you but my tech news from many outlets had it right in the beginning saying waterblock and all core which any tech news media shit should understand is an overclock, just like many news outlets on mce being on through default on mobos and their reviews which they back stated

intel confirmed 28 core and cascadelakex only

media copy and pasted 28 core and 5ghz, damn right intel would come out clearing that info especially with a visible waterblock lol

intel wouldnt confirm base clock, boost, or even boost table

oh wait only stated 28 core and cascadelakex

and if they did this on skylake process even more power to them lol its already yr old

They used a water chiller. That isn't a simple water block. If it was done with a regular water block nobody would care at all. Also AMD never stated that ryzen 1 was 4.2 ghz that was other people. Now if you can find it where they did say that most should get 4.2 on ryzen 1 then yeah I would agree that what they did was wrong but I followed the first launch closely and didn't hear them say that once. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

They used a water chiller. That isn't a simple water block. If it was done with a regular water block nobody would care at all. Also AMD never stated that ryzen 1 was 4.2 ghz that was other people. Now if you can find it where they did say that most should get 4.2 on ryzen 1 then yeah I would agree that what they did was wrong but I followed the first launch closely and didn't hear them say that once. 

i dont know where you were but heres couple articles claiming it too

AMD claims most 1800X chips will hit 4.2GHz at a voltage of 1.4V

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/amd-ryzen-review/

AMD suggests that 4.2GHz with the 1800X should be possible at an incredible 1.45 volts

https://www.techspot.com/review/1345-amd-ryzen-7-1800x-1700x/page5.html

and how amd claimed overclockers dream or their poor volta crap on their vega video

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You still missed the point.  Intel "had" to state the thing was overclocked.  They had to announce when officially representing on that stage a product, finished or not, things like it was overclocked, how it was cooled, and so on.  That's why they had to come out and say all of that.  They even claimed they had to, and announced they did.  And, nobody is saying AMD is in the right or wrong, it's not a fanboy thing.

yes because the media took the showcase and started putting in their own assumptions

showcase had waterblock all core no boost no base only thing intel confirmed was 28 cascadelakex

few media outlets reported as such and stating their assumptions

many media outlets didnt state assumptions they just said 5ghz 28core coming later this year

after that copy and paste media shit intel had to clarify

not sure if you dont watch the news now days you get many media twisted stories now days when the real story was lost in their translation