8 core version of 8700k is coming this Fall!

Rakanoth
3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, because they had to not because of what the media said.  They were supposed to on that stage state that it was overclocked.  I don't know why you can't grasp that let alone when Intel stated they had to.  It's not a media conspiracy that forced Intel to reveal that they did OC it, but the fact that they were supposed to before the media even blew it into a shit storm.

so the media knows all core is technically an overclock from MCE being on from default

but cant figure it out on showcase of an unannounced product? with no base frequency? with not boost 3.0? with a waterblock?

its an unannounced product you were suppose to speculate not run with it

oh please

10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

When on that stage you are supposed to state if you use extreme cooling, overclock, and so on.  Failing to do so is not allowed at that event, iirc from what leadeater said.  In fact, Intel originally intended to yet did not on that stage, probably forgot at the time.  The media blew it out of proportion due to Intel failing to do so, and you're assuming every journalist there knows the difference.  Intel later came out and said that they were supposed to state all of that on that stage, and they didn't exactly blame the media for it, you did.

so there are rules on showing an unannounced product with no final specs?

if you are a tech journalist you should know tech lol and recognize the differences lol

you think anyone can just be a sports journalist when they dont know what a safety is?

why were there so many early stories that reported it correct with given info and with their speculations?

not sure where you been living but media now days is copy and paste they dont care if its correct info or not

14 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Yes, from what I think leadeater was implying.  And, it's very common for someone without a background to jump into any type of journalism and even tech.  Heck, some of them might have a background in one area and not all.  I know plenty of people who can build a computer and don't know the difference between a factory oc, turbo boost, stock speed, or a bios OC/manual user OC.  Also, showing just a waterblock doesn't imply what type of cooling it is let alone if it was overclocked or not.  You're assuming way too much of people.

and if they dont they shouldnt go ahead and make assumptions on something they dont know

which is done way to much in todays media and this isnt just in tech because its happening everywhere and you know you see it

and why google/facebook/etc are having their fight with fakenews because the shit gets copy and pasted all over

oh wow

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Their job isn't to know everything about tech it's to take what they see and hear and report it back.  They did a mix of that, their job, and they got paid.  I'm not saying that's a good thing, but that's what they do.  It's not like the news outlets there have a clone of Linus or Jay, ffs.  I don't really care for news or hype trains, but it's still somewhat Intel's fault knowing that they have these kinda people out there.  But, that's not why they were under fire.  They were under fire for originally not stating that it was when they had to.   You seem overly passionate about Intel being under fire for this though.  Just let it go, they're a corporation with faults just like any other.  They admitted they were wrong, and if you know journalists are that bad then why the fuck are you assuming so much of them?  xD  

no I could careless loving the cpu war right now

but I dont understand how showcasing a unannounced product could be an issue

many are mad because it may have stole amd's tr thunder

which I could careless because I'm possibly looking at that damn 32 core and saying to myself I'm all in if its under 1500

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, the problem is they broke a rule, acknowledged it, and had to damage control because of a rule they broke which later led to them getting really bad coverage, also their fault since they know not every journalist there knows the difference.

what rule i'd like a link

and fact of the matter is like I said if you dont know what you are writing about dont jump to your assumptions as fact

intel in the showcase only confirmed 28 core cascadelakex they wouldnt give any details on base/boost clocks or anything else

I'm going from what I think leadeater was implying, but you're also making quite a lot of assumptions and raging left and right at everyone.  Calm down.  I already stated that previously, but if you weren't so busy yelling through your monitor you might have read that.

lol no i'm finding it funny

yelling raging

i'm pointing out the facts here and how the media took soemthing and turned it to something else like they have been doing recently in all areas from politics, racism to now tech no integrity

"Oh please!"  Sounds more like raging to me than laughing, but whatever I'm not debating this further since you refuse to read.

raging wow

its like laughing eyeroll

how would you even think anger/rage with oh please

refuse to read what that intel only confirmed 28 core and cascadelakex  and media jumped to conclusions

No point to derail further with simple nu uhs, media conspiracies, raging, and not even bothering to read.  

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Sure...

oh but its fine for you?

plain and simple what did intel confirm at the show case? 28 core and cascadelakex

why is there any other discussion about it cause everyone wants to stick up for the media twist because they like the idea of drama?

Again, go back and read because I already addressed this.  Not, arguing with you further on the matter since you still can't comprehend why Intel was in the wrong.  You're blowing this way out of proportion.  I'll give you a hint, nobody is sticking up for the media, we all addressed that there's a lot of journalism, and not every tech journalist is a techie.  You simply assumed they were, and take it out on us.  I said that multiple times.

if they dont know what they are talking about then why wouldnt you report the facts only with stating your assumptions/speculation like some did?

only confirmed 28core and cascade lake x

anything else you add is assumptions plain and simple

how are they wrong? its an unannounced product teaser doesnt even have a model number

if you seen a teaser trailer for new starwars and shows luke dying are you going to assume luke dies in next movie?

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Go back and read.  It's not assumptions and even Intel disagrees with you.  Read for more info on why.

Give this a read on why.

lol done

Many in the press mistakenly assumed the new processor runs at 5.0 GHz at stock settings

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wow, you read one line and not the entire thread for context.  xD  That wasn't even the point.

obviously you didnt I posted there too lol

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

i dont know where you were but heres couple articles claiming it too

AMD claims most 1800X chips will hit 4.2GHz at a voltage of 1.4V

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/amd-ryzen-review/

AMD suggests that 4.2GHz with the 1800X should be possible at an incredible 1.45 volts

https://www.techspot.com/review/1345-amd-ryzen-7-1800x-1700x/page5.html

and how amd claimed overclockers dream or their poor volta crap on their vega video

Yeah that's shady and shouldn't be done but it doesn't excuse Intel's behavior. They used a chilled water system to overclock a 28 core cpu and acted like this is performance you should be able to expect with normal cooling. 

8 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah that's shady and shouldn't be done but it does excuse Intel's behavior. They used a chilled water system to overclock a 28 core cpu and acted like this is performance you should be able to expect with normal cooling. 

no they only confirmed 28 core and cascade lakex

No, I read the entirety where you were refuted several times.  Then tried to spin it again with the AMD and Nvidia thing like you did in this thread when nobody was talking about that.  The point is Intel was wrong, admitted they were wrong, and leadeater and a few other explained the entirety of it to you and others from page 5.  That's the point.  Lastly, we all addressed that journalism can be bad you just keep acting like we're defending them for the sake of arguing.

they said they forgot to tell you its overclocked but seriously like I said you must be obtuse if you see all core running  no base/boost clocks along with a waterblock seriously now

not to mention this is a teaser of an unannounced product which showcasing usually is about is putting it best of light

20 minutes ago, pas008 said:

no they only confirmed 28 core and cascade lakex

they said they forgot to tell you its overclocked but seriously like I said you must be obtuse if you see all core running  no base/boost clocks along with a waterblock seriously now

not to mention this is a teaser of an unannounced product which showcasing usually is about is putting it best of light

They implied it. If they disclosed that it was cooled using a 1000 watt water chiller nobody would care but it was implied that you could get that thing to 5ghz on a normal custom loop which you can't. I mean most people realized it was being cooled by water but that isn't out of the ordinary but when you are using a 1000w water chiller and hide it during the presentation then yeah you are implying the cpu is running at 5ghz with a normal custom loop. 

12 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

They implied it. If they disclosed that it was cooled using a 1000 watt water chiller nobody would care but it was implied that you could get that thing to 5ghz on a normal custom loop which you can't. I mean most people realized it was being cooled by water but that isn't out of the ordinary but when you are using a 1000w water chiller and hide it during the presentation then yeah you are implying the cpu is running at 5ghz with a normal custom loop. 

In LTT video it was on a custom loop and it was around 4.2 Ghz, that would of been more reasonable to show.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

In LTT video it was on a custom loop and it was around 4.2 Ghz, that would of been more reasonable to show.

That is exactly what I said. I am not sure if it was in this thread or a different one. 

They aren't competition until they lower their prices and start soldering the IHS again.

9 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

And, you're assuming those journalists are techies.

thats why we have journalists specialized in certain fields

hence sports, political, etc

and thats my point of the copy and paste, shit spreads like a wildfire

if you have no clue of what the fuck you are talking about, its your job is to report the facts even if you dont specialize in that field

and what you seen was a showcase of a concept of that product RUNNING at 5ghz, no base/boost clocks, no cache, no tdp, nothing

intel only confirmed 28core and cascadelakex in the fall,

plain and simple

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Kinda hard to report the facts when the person on stage isn't giving them when you aren't a techie.

exactly

you state the facts which were only 28core and cascadelakex  and point out your observations and speculations

considering this was a concept of an unnamed unannounced product

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They did their job, Intel is the one who gave them misleading information.  This was explained to you on page 6 of the previous thread.  Maybe go give that a read again rather than blaming a generation?

Did they they seen 28 core running at 5ghz with waterblock no other info given because it's unnamed unannounced

Like said million times only thing confirmed was 28 core and cascade lakex

It was a show case plain and simple that product might nor even release but something similar may come to be

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Go back to page 6 of the previous thread.

Point is? Was in that thread too

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Your argument was already refuted there.

I don't believe so

It was a showcase

And people got worked up because Intel should have gave more info on unnamed unannounced product

Nobody got worked up you were refuted several times on that topic by Swatson and leadeater, and continued to yell about journalism on this thread too.  Heck, even Intel admitted what they did was wrong.  Maybe yell at them too?

Yell lol

I'm starting journalist are to report facts

And Intel admitted they should have stated overclocked in the showcase after the fact the media started reporting 5ghz

It's obvious that the media twisted it when only things confirmed were what?plain and simple

The media did not twist it they reported what they were shown by Intel with piss poor phrasing by Intel.  This was shown to you by Swatson, and why you refuse to ignore that is beyond me.  Have a good night and don't forget to yell at Intel for us.

Lol yell it's text and why would i? know its showcase production models are never like the show case been around long enough to know the difference

And shown a waterblock and allcore 5ghz no base no nothing

Ooh wait it was a show case just like the others