Apple iPad = dead power bank??

Beef Boss

My iPad drains the life out of my Anker 20100 mAh powerbank. I have charged every device I own that needs charging with this bank, and it lasts forever. But when it comes to my iPad, just this morning it took 10k+ mAh to charge the iPad 14 percent (it took two dots so roughly 5k mAh per dot) unless Apple has a 20,000 mAh battery in their iPads why would it drain my power bank that much? 

Could the charging rates be an issue? Or the "technology" used to charge it? If the iPad throws that much of a fit being charged at a different rate, that's a lot of energy wasted for what little gain you get. My android devices don't drain the power bank nearly as fast. 

Yes, the powerbank is over a year old, but still I'd find it very hard that the battery capacity dropped that much on the bank. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

What iPad do you have?

Mini 2

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Have you tried the cable on any other Apple devices with the power bank? Does the iPad charge normally from other sources?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It looks like some sort of power leak - it could be a bad cable or a problem with the ipad itself (barring issues with the power bank). Confirm that it's not the power bank by using it with other devices and try different cables.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

make sure you can charge other devices x times with it (keep in mind they are usually only 80-90% or so efficient)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1