Need help with front LEDs Dark Base 700

benji_

hokay, so i've got a be quiet! dark base 700. i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the front LEDs to be controllable. i know its possible since in videos like this one but i have no clue how to. i have an NZXT HUE+ and i have plugged the rgb cable from the rear fan controller board that comes with the case. i've got it the cable in the correct orientation(i think), white arrow on the HUE+ to 12v on the db700 cable. i didnt take this picture but its labled how my board is set up.

my front power icon and hdd reset switch also dont light up, can someone please help me with this :(

Spoiler

fancontroller.thumb.png.8aeed1687de355bd0e26d20600d96843.png

CPU: i7 4790k 

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 1080

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PSU: 1000W EVGA 1000G 80+ GOLD

Case: Dark Base 700

Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler + Standard Case Fans

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow RGB 2013

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

Speakers: Creative T15 Bluetooth Speakers

Microphone: Samson Meteor Mic

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 75Hz + ASUS VS247 + Shitty Generic 1080p 60Hz TV

LED Controller: NZXT HUE+

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

On 6/9/2018 at 7:17 AM, benji_ said:

hokay, so i've got a be quiet! dark base 700. i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the front LEDs to be controllable. i know its possible since in videos like this one but i have no clue how to. i have an NZXT HUE+ and i have plugged the rgb cable from the rear fan controller board that comes with the case. i've got it the cable in the correct orientation(i think), white arrow on the HUE+ to 12v on the db700 cable. i didnt take this picture but its labled how my board is set up.

my front power icon and hdd reset switch also dont light up, can someone please help me with this :(

This diagram should help, but one very important thing to note you absolutely cannot connect the RGB port C to the NZXT hue+ they are completely different RGB system since the Hue uses addressable RGB control at the different voltage so if they are connected immediately remove them. The RGB controller on the case uses standard 12V RGB and will only work with 4 pin analog RGB control. 

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=36191

On 11/06/2018 at 3:49 AM, W-L said:

This diagram should help, but one very important thing to note you absolutely cannot connect the RGB port C to the NZXT hue+ they are completely different RGB system since the Hue uses addressable RGB control at the different voltage so if they are connected immediately remove them. The RGB controller on the case uses standard 12V RGB and will only work with 4 pin analog RGB control. 

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=36191

oh :(

ive had it connected for a while, is that bad?

thanks for the help, much better than the emails i received from NZXT and be quiet!

5 hours ago, benji_ said:

oh :(

ive had it connected for a while, is that bad?

thanks for the help, much better than the emails i received from NZXT and be quiet!

Test to see if it still functions the voltage was only 5V so it shouldn’t have done anything to a 12V controller but hard to say since it was a completely different protocol and connector. 

16 minutes ago, W-L said:

Test to see if it still functions the voltage was only 5V so it shouldn’t have done anything to a 12V controller but hard to say since it was a completely different protocol and connector. 

yeah both still work fine

20 minutes ago, W-L said:

i can still control my led strips through cam and still change the preset light modes on the front of my case with the button, is there anyway i can get the front lights controllable without the rgb header? ive got an msi gaming 5 z97 board

2 hours ago, benji_ said:

i can still control my led strips through cam and still change the preset light modes on the front of my case with the button, is there anyway i can get the front lights controllable without the rgb header? ive got an msi gaming 5 z97 board

It’s a standard 4 Pin analog RGB so you can run it on one of those RGB controllers with a remote but to won’t be able to sync with the CAM system. 

For this you will need an adapter from molex to a barrel connector.

https://www.amazon.com/RGBZONE-5V-24V-Controller-Wireless-Control/dp/B0144CIMSQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1528819784&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rgb+controller

9 hours ago, benji_ said:

That's honestly really sad. NZXT at the minimum could have piped up and mentioned their system was proprietary! 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 12/06/2018 at 5:10 PM, W-L said:

It’s a standard 4 Pin analog RGB so you can run it on one of those RGB controllers with a remote but to won’t be able to sync with the CAM system. 

For this you will need an adapter from molex to a barrel connector.

https://www.amazon.com/RGBZONE-5V-24V-Controller-Wireless-Control/dp/B0144CIMSQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1528819784&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rgb+controller

thanks

On 12/06/2018 at 6:25 PM, TVwazhere said:

That's honestly really sad. NZXT at the minimum could have piped up and mentioned their system was proprietary! 

yeah, just gave me the typical "this isnt ours so ask be quiet" and vice versa with be quiet

On 9.6.2018 at 1:17 PM, benji_ said:

I've asked  be quiet about that.

And sadly they use +5V LED Strips, so when you plug it into your Motherboard, wich uses +12V, you'll kill the LEDs, so that is not possible without some modifications...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

And sadly they use +5V LED Strips, so when you plug it into your Motherboard, wich uses +12V, you'll kill the LEDs, so that is not possible without some modifications...

the cable on the pcb has 12v on it, you mean NZXT? lol

2 minutes ago, benji_ said:

the cable on the pcb has 12v on it, you mean NZXT? lol

No, I was talking about a Motherboard Connector, that also uses +12V.

And also talking about the Silent Base PRO 900 Series, wich seem to use 5V LED Strips.

So nvm what I said, they seem to have switched to +12V with the LEDs....

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, I was talking about a Motherboard Connector, that also uses +12V.

And also talking about the Silent Base PRO 900 Series, wich seem to use 5V LED Strips.

So nvm what I said, they seem to have switched to +12V with the LEDs....

im on a Dark Base 700, not 900

• 11 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, Stefan Payne said:

And what would those mods be?

6 minutes ago, spenzane said:

And what would those mods be?

7805 in the 12V part of the cable for example.

But the easy solution would be to look on some other plattforms for 5050 LED Strips, solder on a 4pin Cable and call it a day.

Here a Link to a (GERMAN!) Store selling those 12V Strips:

https://www.reichelt.de/led-streifen-rgbw-warmweiss-5000-mm-opt-st4314-p235887.html?PROVID=2788&gclid=Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84kGhDlvl8JK3XnCOyiN_KswIMG5XWvm6K6v9Tst5WaKt2s5qaiWrzgaAjGaEALw_wcB&&r=1

Some Boards also have a 5V/12V Jumper for the LED Output...

• 1 month later...

Just in case someone comes to this thread searching for the answer (or you haven't figured this out yet):

You have to enable the RGB input on the fan hub by holding the color change button on the front of the case for 3 seconds. After that it's controllable like any other 12V LED strip.

I spent half my friday to figure this out...

IMG_3495.jpg