I messed up...

Go to solution Solved by Verrierr,
1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

my old 990FX only cleared CMOS while it was running and removing the battery would only end up in a black screen

Sabertooth R2, died in service while running OCCT, nb fried

What about poer button? In some cases it wokrs best to short the pins and press power button for a while, did you try that?

ok so here's the problem,  I'm new to overclocking (this is my first time overclocking) and after setting an overclock that , in hind sight,  was waaaay to high of a frequency jump I restarted my computer and it didn't post and now won't post no matter what I try. so any suggestions are welcome.

info that will help you find out what you are dealing with:

pc specs: cpu: x3430, motherboard: dh55tc, gpu : gtx 580, ram: 2x2gb Kingston ddr3 1333mh.

what i did:  i upped the Fsb to 226 or so ,from 165 or so, I was running stable at 3.2gh ,from 2.4gh

and then lowered the ram multiplier to 6 , so my cpu would have been going at 4.1gh and my ram at 1336mh 

and before you yell at me for not just changing the multiplier on the cpu, it wouldn't let me. it also wouldn't let me change the voltage on anything.

I'm also pretty sure that my computer is stuck in a boot loop as when I turn on the power on my psu it automatically turns on for a couple of seconds and then turns off and then repeats and I can't shut it off with the power button when i try it turns off for a couple of seconds then just goes back to the boot loop I just described.

Jump your CMOS reset pins while it's in the boot loop.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

7 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Jump your CMOS reset pins while it's in the boot loop.

Another option besides this is to take out the CMOS battery (the circle battery on the MB) and put it back in. It dose the same thing but i find it easier.

where's the -Thread Cleaned- ?

what previous comments said, unplug or turn off the PSU using its switch and clear the CMOS

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Not sure what happened there.

Clear CMOS with the PC turned off.

Cmos battery provides the power to do so,  or pull the battery for a short time and refit.  Both do the same.

8 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

I'm 100% positive the computer doesn't have to be running in order to reset CMOS. It should be powered down for safety reasons. Not to mention that the other way around your messing with your bios/uefi while it's running and that prospect doesn't seem very enticing to me. By the way when I said that you shoudl unplug from the wall I meant that the cmos can be cleared (using jumper/battery removal) while it's unplugged. And I stand by what I said.

It doesnt have to be running as in, windows booted and chrome tabs open running, correct, but he's stuck in a boot loop so he can short the pins while its running (trying to boot, is what i meant) let it finish that boot cyle and attempt to boot again, at which point it should take him to a screen where there's an option to restore to defaults.
Saves him having to jump the pins, then power on, just do it all in one while its cycling anyway.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

where's the -Thread Cleaned- ?

what previous comments said, unplug or turn off the PSU using its switch and clear the CMOS

Someone suggested doing it while the computer in question was not only plugged to the wall but also running so it kind of dragged on. -_-

4 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Someone suggested doing it while the computer in question was not only plugged to the wall but also running so it kind of dragged on. -_-

my old 990FX only cleared CMOS while it was running and removing the battery would only end up in a black screen

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

What about poer button? In some cases it wokrs best to short the pins and press power button for a while, did you try that?

ok guys I think i fixed it.  I put the cmos jumper on the opposite pins then I held the power button and then it posted and booted up the bios then i lowered the fms and then shut of my psu put the jumper back on the right pins and then it booted up into Windows. thanks for all your help guys!