AMD to publicily reveal new HW at Computex.

3 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

I'm presuming you've already tried various automotive and motorcycle restoration centres in your area?

Yep, I'd have to send it away then I also have to consider things like how I handled the pipe before sending them. Nicks and abrasions show up a lot, stuff like that. I gave up on that idea rather quickly. There's another way I need to investigate and do some tests with, true chrome paint with acrylic tubing and proper plastic primer. My gut feeling is that is how Digital Storm is doing it because bending copper or brass pipe in ways they have in their pictures is pretty much near impossible.

15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yep, I'd have to send it away then I also have to consider things like how I handled the pipe before sending them. Nicks and abrasions show up a lot, stuff like that. I gave up on that idea rather quickly. There's another way I need to investigate and do some tests with, true chrome paint with acrylic tubing and proper plastic primer. My gut feeling is that is how Digital Storm is doing it because bending copper or brass pipe in ways they have in their pictures is pretty much near impossible.

To make trumpet you first fill them with water and freeze it, maybe digital storm is doing something similar?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

To make trumpet you first fill them with water and freeze it, maybe digital storm is doing something similar?

It's more the number of bends on a single tube and how close they are, if you've used a pipe bender before you'll know there is a minimum distance between bends for the device to work without clashing with that last bend. You also put a bending spring in the pipe so it doesn't deform when bending.

Edit:

Also bending metal pipes, even copper is really annoying.

Oh and I'd personally rather go with the acrylic tube and paint if I can so I don't have to worry about metal mixing. 

1 minute ago, Kanox89 said:

I'm putting my money down on a vega powered tamagotchi

Vega powered wrist warmers*

*Standard run time on battery 30 seconds

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

The spring you mentioned (a mandrel) is the easiest way, however if you want to get a really good finish bending copper (any metal for that matter) the key is good tight dies and proper mandrels (not just springs) and sometimes heating the pipe is necessary.

unfortunately there is no cheap way out for the smaller run enthusiasts, chroming or bending.  :(

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 minutes ago, mr moose said:

The spring you mentioned (a mandrel) is the easiest way, however if you want to get a really good finish bending copper (any metal for that matter) the key is good tight dies and proper mandrels 9not just springs) and sometimes heating the pipe is necessary.

unfortunately there is not cheap way out for the smaller run enthusiasts, chroming or bending.  :(

I also made the mistake of buying a cheap pipe bender, though needed to check it would work before wasting time and money, that scratches the pipe. For the type of bends  and number on the same pipe but at different angels I totally got the wrong tool for the job heh.

Edit:

Never use this POS if you care about the surface of the pipe.

0284169d-7011-404b-8545-cd004e7321a0.jpg

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I also made the mistake of buying a cheap pipe bender, though needed to check it would work before wasting time and money, that scratches the pipe. For the type of bends  and number on the same pipe but at different angels I totally got the wrong tool for the job heh.

Have you tried putting some fiberglass matting in the die before bending?  It will allow you to heat the pipe and it will both help prevent scratches while applying more pressure to the sides preventing the pipe from misshaping.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Have you tried putting some fiberglass matting in the die before bending?  It will allow you to heat the pipe and it will both help prevent scratches while applying more pressure to the sides preventing the pipe from misshaping.

Nothing will get past the bending tool being physically too large to do another bend off angel close to the first. Most people I've seen go with fittings and straight pipe only because it's easy, screw easy xD

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Nothing will get past the bending tool being physically too large to do another bend off angel close to the first. Most people I've seen go with fittings and straight pipe only because it's easy, screw easy xD

Ahh, I missed that bit.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Ahh, I missed that bit.

Here is the bend that made me rage quit, and yes it's even not done right now with the acrylic. Think it was around 3am-4am I did that, trying to build something in a day that really just can't is not a good idea.

image.thumb.png.5b922be63ee07fe7392b5b88c927a8dd.png

Probably should take this to a different thread now though, it's not a build log lol.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Here is the bend that made me rage quit, and yes it's even not done right now with the acrylic. Think it was around 3am-4am I did that, trying to build something in a day that really just can't is not a good idea.

See quick and dirty in my sig.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Probably should take this to a different thread now though, it's not a build log lol.

Nah, the original topic was boring anyway :ph34r:.

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

See quick and dirty in my sig.

Nah, the original topic was boring anyway :ph34r:.

just not enough info :( we will know soon enough though

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

just not enough info :( we will know soon enough though

Naturally I am looking forward to any news from AMD.  I am just a little reluctant to ligature my eupnea animadvert game changing advancements.  :P.   Ryzen has been exciting, but Vega was a bit lackluster for me.