Future N Admin

So I'm am going to college, Morrision Institute of technology or MIT ?,  to study to be a network administrator, I wish to either work for a school or a hospital. I am just wanting to know if you guys have any tips for me, besides cybrary, which I'm already apart of.

1. Highschool thinks they prepared you; They didn't

2. Be ready to manage your money like life depends on it; because it kinda does.

3. Be ready to get fat unless you have a great exercise routine.

4. Study

5. See # 4

6. Get involved on campus. (seriously, it makes college so much better)

7. Have fun

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

1 hour ago, stormy00 said:

So I'm am going to college, Morrision Institute of technology or MIT ?,  to study to be a network administrator, I wish to either work for a school or a hospital. I am just wanting to know if you guys have any tips for me, besides cybrary, which I'm already apart of.

I am curious, why at a school or hospital?

Not to knock them at all, but in my experience both of those places are some of the most underfunded as it pertains to their technology - when dealing with your average hospital (non profits) or schools (excluding private schools). I am sure this isn't true everywhere, but its what I have heard from some and seen a few times. As of last year I know of one pretty big hospital which required their employees logging in to use an old version of IE10 with a specific (outdated) version of java installed for it to work. It's since been updated a bit.

So why?

*Want to add - it is very important to leave school with some experience - Intern +/ Work Study in your schools IT/Network department.

Edited by NovaNightmare

Get a decent college job that you can sustain yourself with.

At some point along the road, you would do well to get some of the Cisco certs such as the CCNA as those will help you get a network admin job faster than just a degree.

Don't do drugs or alcohol either.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

• Colleges try to teach you what's relevant. They usually don't.
  • Writing is very important in colleges. If you don't know how to write well and effectively, then you're going to be in for some pain.
  • There's a lot of opportunities open in college, don't be afraid to take them.
  • Take advantage of office time your professors provide.