Incredible simple, yet comfortable PC Gaming Chair Setup

Adro_Badro

Hello LTT community,

I just felt like presenting my own PC Gaming Chair Setup. I haven't seen a build like this anywhere else online while researching, so maybe this is an uncommon idea? The initial thought was, that I wanted to spend more time with PC Gaming and the reason I did not was the comfort factor of console gaming. I sit 8 hours a day at a normal desk table in the work-office, I just did not want to do that in the evenings as well.

Advantages in my opinion:

- COMFORTABLE!
- not feeling "trapped" or getting warmed up under a couch gaming solution
- normal desk-like distance between eyes and display, so no zooming or upscaling needed
- quick getting up, if you need to go somewhere

Disadvantages:
- you lose a bit of precision I think, due to the keyboard rests on the lap and the mouse feels a bit different than on a table
- so it may not be the thing for competitive multiplaying, but comfortable singleplaying
- mouse falls down often -.-

- looks nerdy

Let me know what you think, any comments are welcome!

PS: I have a small room next to this office room and a drillhole inbetween them. My pc case is in this other room and I put some long cables through the wall. How do I turn it on? I have a power button extension with led and reset button, so I know if the pc is turned on. Additionaly I have a "classic" pc setup for multiplaying, as you can see on the pictures.

PPS: Sidenote: I even have a third display on my computer by a LAN-to-HDMI converter thing. My living room tv is hooked up on it, can only be done if you happen to have cat6 wiring in your home. One computer that does everything :)
https://www.lindy.de/HDMI-IR-Cat-6-Extender-Premium-1080p-3D-80m.htm?websale8=ld0101&pi=38009&ci=2002

List of parts that I used:
(most of the parts you can use whatever you like or have)

Table: Ikea Galant with height changeable legs, unfortunately not in production anymore
Chair: Ikea Poäng, cushion and stool
Arm rest with mousepad: DX Racer AR02
Display mount: Can't find an article number or name, but there are a lot of display mounts, just grab one that fits your needs

Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Wireless Combo MK330 (just the keyboard), Logitech G602
Speakers: Sony SRS-D8
Display: ASUS VG248QE

Helpful software:

Monitor Profile Switcher
https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/files/?source=navbar

Hotkey Resolution Changer
https://funk.eu/hrc/

20180527_091328.jpg

20180527_091355.jpg

20180527_090844.jpg

Is that thing not destroying your back?

That's an F in the profile pic

6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Is that thing not destroying your back?

Uh, why do you think it does? ^^ Not more than any other chair, I think. No back pain on my side.

Nice. Similar to my TV setup, with the exception that I use a ghetto cardboard box next to the recliner instead of an armrest mousepad, I'll need to look into copying that from you.

Edit/ I also don't have an adjustable stand, but the larger size of a TV mitigates the little added distance.