Motherboard heatsink touching pcb of soundcard

The PCB of my soundcard in my system is touching the metal heatsink on my motherboard. I just wondered if this would short anything out and would it be safe to run, I'm running a matx motherboard so this is the only slot I can put the sound card in. Should I put something non conductive in between? Thanks

If it's not scratching, bending, or doing anything destructive to the PCB then you should be fine. Just don't knock it around to cause damage.

pic please! but it should be just fine

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

The PCB of my soundcard in my system is touching the metal heatsink on my motherboard. I just wondered if this would short anything out and would it be safe to run, I'm running a matx motherboard so this is the only slot I can put the sound card in. Should I put something non conductive in between? Thanks

I wouldn't trust it, you could put a little piece of paper or plastic or any non-conductive material and it should be fine. Make sure it doesn't poke trough if you use paper. 

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

I wouldn't trust it, you could put a little piece of paper or plastic or any non-conductive material and it should be fine. Make sure it doesn't poke trough if you use paper. 

That

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

http://imgur.com/qFKEIzA Thank you again

Thats... tight. You should follow @KR_king 's advice and have something between those too. It looks like heatsink is touching metal points on pcb.

E: wrong tag :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I put something no conductive between and it worked fine, I dared to try it without and it made no difference so for whatever reason it appears fine, thanks everyone for your time, merry christmas!