E-ATX Case - A R VI Extreme ( Slightly bigger than EATX ) Tempered Glass *Help*

Hazeno
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
2 minutes ago, Hazeno said:

Haha you picked up on that ? I swear I am the most indecisive and hard to please person in the world! 

Don't get me wrong it is beautiful. But I hate how I've had to cable manage. And I don't like the back plane for hiding cables like my HD120 controllers because they don't fit so have to have them on show. 

Thanks for reminding me how much I loved it when I bought it lul!

I'd go for the Thermaltake View 71. I think it has enough TG to satisfy you ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Vertical-Pre-installed-CA-1I7-00F1WN-00/dp/B074ZL25BP

71w6llKqdBL._SL1500_.jpg

Ok guys I'm back again looking for some case help. Seems there's nothing that can satisfy my aesthetic needs except the 570x but that isn't viable / possible. 

So to the question :

So I have an Asus Rampage VI which is slightly bigger than a typical EATX board. And it needs a new case. Currently it's in a Lian Li Alpha 550 but i don't actually like it :/

I've got a couple of ideas but with those ideas comes things I don't like. 

MUST HAVES :

Tempered Glass

Basement 

HDD Cover as to not be shown. 

CASES WITH ISSUES but temptations.

Corsair 1000d - This thing is BEAUTIFUL. But it's too bloody big I'm not spending ANOTHER £200 on LL120s just to make it look right. It needs 3x 140mm at the top and 8x120mm at the front. I have 7x120mm but I've already wasted enough on my build...

In win 909

Beautiful again. Although cable 'basement' seems unnecessary. And from what I've seen you can see the HDD cases through the side. 

So my question to you guys. With the 570x / 1000d in mind for aesthetics what other cases are out there?

40 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

fractal design define r6 available in various configs - check it out on their homepage

Motherboard compatibility

eATX (up to 285mm wide), ATX, mATX, ITX

285mm = 11.22"

Motherboard

12 x 10.9 in

It fits!

Here's also a list of cases people have used 

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/MPPzK8#page=1

Enthoo Luxe and Corsair Air 540 were the only cases I saw that weren't ludicrously expensive

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Enthoos doesn't fit the Rampage VI Extreme and has a horrible front Aesthetic. The Lian Li Alpha 550 is 'meh. The r6 isn't really that nice either. Not alot of glass or showman ship. 

20180518_114358.jpg

Enthoos doesn't fit the Rampage VI Extreme

It does fit tho.

The Rampage VI Extreme is only about 5mm wider than other "E-ATX" boards. That'll probably cover the border of the first grommet which really doesn't matter. You can shoe-horn E-ATX boards in ATX cases and get away with it even if the entire grommet is almost completely covered.

So you should be able to easily get a RVIE in something like an Enthoo Pro.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Only 5mm made all the difference in 3 cases it's been in. Even the 550 it's in Now which has 1mm spare room. 

Even so the Enthoo is completely out the question. It's aesthetics are horrendous.  0 use for optical and not enough TG. 

thermaltake view 22

those three cases are pretty decent

I was just reading another post, and for the price and features their not bad cases dollar for dollar.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353128
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353136

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

49 minutes ago, Hazeno said:

The Lian Li Alpha 550 is 'meh.

Oh how the taste can change in few months ;-)

On 2.12.2017 at 4:07 PM, Hazeno said:

I would buy it. Mine was received 2 days ago. And it's BEAUTIFUL! 

On 2.12.2017 at 4:08 PM, Hazeno said:

Fits perfect. My video is like 400mb for a 20 second video so can't upload. But it's BEAUTIFUL!

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

58 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Oh how the taste can change in few months ;-)

Haha you picked up on that ? I swear I am the most indecisive and hard to please person in the world! 

Don't get me wrong it is beautiful. But I hate how I've had to cable manage. And I don't like the back plane for hiding cables like my HD120 controllers because they don't fit so have to have them on show. 

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Vertical-Pre-installed-CA-1I7-00F1WN-00/dp/B074ZL25BP

71w6llKqdBL._SL1500_.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Hazeno said:

No problem man ;-) Though I'm going to be honest here, I feel like you will be disappointed with what's left after you've shot down the current ideas. 

I personally like the Lian Li Dynamic by der8auer though I don't think this one has a basement. It feels like every case lacks one thing from your list.

I would've suggested Caselabs cases but then again, one side tempered glass panel might not be enough for you. But they are big enough and have basements.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

14 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

one side tempered glass panel might not be enough for you

That definitely seems to be the case

3 hours ago, Hazeno said:

Not alot of glass or showman

2 hours ago, Hazeno said:

not enough TG. 

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

71w6llKqdBL._SL1500_.jpg

The 71 and 1000D are on the fence atm. It's  Also a great price. It's 1 problem that's again me being pedantic Is the HDD bays on show! 

Am I literally the worst to please or what?

1 minute ago, Hazeno said:

The 71 and 1000D are on the fence atm. It's  Also a great price. It's 1 problem that's again me being pedantic Is the HDD bays on show! 

Am I literally the worst to please or what?

You're actually not the worst I've come across, truth be told. You just really like TG and need E-ATX.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

You're actually not the worst I've come across, truth be told. You just really like TG and need E-ATX.

Yep. TG and hide cupboards are my thing. Downside is the lack of IMO the perfect case. 

570x was perfect. I loved it so much. Now I want that look in EATX