[urgent help]I need Corsair Vengeance 8GB (CMK8GXM1A2400C16) DRAM settings for Ryzen 2400G.

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R) compatible with Ryzen 5 2400G and Asus Prime B350M-K motherboard? Anyone having any issues who are using this configuration?

It should be fine, anyways you do need a ryzen 1st gen (or any previous gen) processor to flash the bios though.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

23 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

It should be fine, anyways you do need a ryzen 1st gen (or any previous gen) processor to flash the bios though.

Pc already up amd running. It's just that the ram which i bought isn't listed in amd's website. However CMK8GX4M1A2400C14R is listed but not CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R (the one which i have). Does 14r->16r make a huge difference?

2 hours ago, Farhan_ said:

Pc already up amd running. It's just that the ram which i bought isn't listed in amd's website. However CMK8GX4M1A2400C14R is listed but not CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R (the one which i have). Does 14r->16r make a huge difference?

it shouldn't really matter as long as you update your bios to the latest it should be fine :D

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

5 hours ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

it shouldn't really matter as long as you update your bios to the latest it should be fine :D

But I'm facing a lot of bsods related to graphics driver and sometimes other stuff and I'm suspecting the culprit it the ram fml ;_;

16 hours ago, Farhan_ said:

But I'm facing a lot of bsods related to graphics driver and sometimes other stuff and I'm suspecting the culprit it the ram fml ;_;

If it's the graphics driver then you should use DDU and uninstall it, please update me with the code number if you can :)

2 hours ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

If it's the graphics driver then you should use DDU and uninstall it, please update me with the code number if you can :)

Nope ddu doesn't help. Reinstalling windows doesn't help either. However, i verified that my ram *is* compatible with ryzen 5 2400g but not with the motherboard. Could this be an issue? I'm really confused.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, Farhan_ said:

Nope ddu doesn't help. Reinstalling windows doesn't help either. However, i verified that my ram *is* compatible with ryzen 5 2400g but not with the motherboard. Could this be an issue? I'm really confused.

If the error code says its not related to ram it shouldn't be.

Try lowering the speeds of the ram And manually type in the latency

2 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

And manually type in the latency

Nothing helps. Increasing procODT to 48 ohms somewhat helped but not much. Will try the latency thingy. By latency you mean timings?

20 hours ago, Farhan_ said:

Nothing helps. Increasing procODT to 48 ohms somewhat helped but not much. Will try the latency thingy. By latency you mean timings?

Yes.

Start a new thread cause i am not very familiar with DRAM settings sorry.

Hi, my new Ryzen 2400G PC seems to be REALLY unstable with the RAM I'm using. Facing crashes while playing games. I followed this thread:   

This hugely improved stability but still I'm facing crashes. Anyone who is running a stable Ryzen 5 2400G build with a similar RAM kit, please mention your timings and sub timings. I'm using a Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 1x 8GB (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16) 2400Mhz @1.2V, and ्my motherboard is Asus Prime B350M-K (all drivers and BIOS updated). Please help.

With just 2400mhz ram speed it should really not crash. Have you enabled the XMP profile? (or whatever it is called at amd again) 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

With just 2400mhz ram speed it should really not crash. Have you enabled the XMP profile? (or whatever it is called at amd again) 

Nope, nothing helps. My only hope now is the DRAM sub timings.

You might want to run everything stock first to validate, that your parts actually work.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

1 hour ago, Kukielka said:

You might want to run everything stock first to validate, that your parts actually work.

I've tried that, the pc runs much worse then (ram stick isn't damaged). Give me your ryzen dram settings maybe?

My Dram settings will most likely not run on your rig. I'm running 3200CL14.

Does the system recognise all sticks? How many slots are populated? We need some more info :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

3 hours ago, Kukielka said:

My Dram settings will most likely not run on your rig. I'm running 3200CL14.

Does the system recognise all sticks? How many slots are populated? We need some more info :)

Whatever, just lemme try.

I have one 8gb ram stick and it is recognised by both ram slots. Also, do ram timings calculators work good? If yes, can you provide me with a direct download link?

Anyone who is using this or a similar RAM stick please please please provide me with your DRAM settings from BIOS. I built this new Ryzen PC 15 days ago and I can't get this build running stable (even on stock settings). Proper DRAM settings will surely help. Posting this here 3rd time because I didn't get any help from the previous posts. Anybody who can help me please drop down your DRAM settings. Thanks.

Mobo: Asus prime B350m-K if that matters.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with a MSI B450 A pro MAX + 2400g Ryzen 5.

When i try to install linux mx i have problems that show the ram for sure.

Now i try Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R) alone without her twin on 15-15-15-36 at 2134Mhz on PassMark memtest86 and it seems going well. I will open a new post if it works realy stable.

I have set the RAM at 1333Mhz and i manage to install Linux MX and also windows 10. Something i couldn't do before because when i really used the RAM , system just frozen.

The strange thing is that although bios says 1333Mhz memtest86 says 2134MHz as i have wrote before.

I also tried to put a second RAM on the second DIMM on 1333MHz but the system became unstable again.

We have to say that  CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R is not for this chipsets combined with 2400G CPU with nominal numbers but it can work if we put only one at really low frequency.

P.S>I would like to test different voltages too. If someone find another stable setup please post.