Techlinked not on Floatplane

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

On the forum post about it, they mentioned that it was delayed because it was transcoding, though I'm not sure why it still hasn't been released. They have said (in the comments of one of the previous videos) that in general that the TL videos should come out on FP slightly before they do on YT, because they will aim for a schedule for TL whereas they will just release them when they're ready on FP.

Hello, 

Is it normal that the techlinked videos are only available on floatplane one day after being released on youtube?

I'm not asking for early access, I'd just like for it to be a simultaneous release so I don't have to watch youtube ads while I'm paying for floatplane.

@Slick @nicklmg

Gaming rig : i5 6600k | EVGA 1070 FTW | 16Go DDR4 HyperX Fury | Intel 600p - WD Black

Laptop : Macbook 2017

Home server : AMD A10 7700k | 2*2TB unraid array + 250GB ssd cache

But you're not paying for floatplane? I don't see the tag by your name. Look at mine.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

If you're not paying for Floatplane, you won't see them on Floatplane.

EDIT: also, one of the benefits of Floatplane is that you get to see videos before they release on YouTube.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you're not paying for Floatplane, you won't see them on Floatplane.

EDIT: also, one of the benefits of Floatplane is that you get to see videos before they release on YouTube.

I am paying for floatplane, it's just that I subscribed through the website instead of the forum because I had too much problems with the billing agreement on the forum. I do miss the tag though

I can see all the ltt videos just fine, it's just the techlinked one that are released at least a day after youtube

Gaming rig : i5 6600k | EVGA 1070 FTW | 16Go DDR4 HyperX Fury | Intel 600p - WD Black

it might be due to tech linked being news related, thus having a shorter release schedule

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

46 minutes ago, Ningols1598 said:

Hello, 

Is it normal that the techlinked videos are only available on floatplane one day after being released on youtube?

I'm not asking for early access, I'd just like for it to be a simultaneous release so I don't have to watch youtube ads while I'm paying for floatplane.

@Slick @nicklmg

Right now there are issues getting it up to floatplane as theres extra work involved getting it uploaded and rendered. From what I know they plan to give fp user a few hour window. Right now just using a youtube link as a stopgap.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On the forum post about it, they mentioned that it was delayed because it was transcoding, though I'm not sure why it still hasn't been released. They have said (in the comments of one of the previous videos) that in general that the TL videos should come out on FP slightly before they do on YT, because they will aim for a schedule for TL whereas they will just release them when they're ready on FP.

HTTP/2 203

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Thank you :) 

Btw, do you know if they plan to give access to the floatplane forum when we subscribe through the website? I’m still using my forum account to login on floatplane 

It's actually possible that we will nuke early access for TechLinked altogether.

It's an "up to the minute" style format, and we are already providing an amount of content for $3/month that may make other creators feel uncomfortable or set the standard at an unreasonable level.

Stay tuned.

4 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's actually possible that we will nuke early access for TechLinked altogether.

It's an "up to the minute" style format, and we are already providing an amount of content for $3/month that may make other creators feel uncomfortable or set the standard at an unreasonable level.

Stay tuned.

To be 100% Honest with you, I agree with this position as it should be treated like any time sensitive video, I'd be happy with simultaneous releases :). 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

16 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Stay tuned.

8 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

To be 100% Honest with you, I agree with this position as it should be treated like any time sensitive video, I'd be happy with simultaneous releases :). 

Absolutely, I'm not asking for early access at all for techlinked, that wouldn't be feasible IMO. Just a simultaneous release :) 

I absolutely agree given the nature of techlinked. Early release of it is not a good thing or really required.

I'm not expecting early release, but I would still like the option of watching it on the floatplane forum/site!
And I don't know what ads and such are in the TL videos and if those would be in FP versions if it isn't early access

For something that's a news format, it wouldn't make sense for it have a early access format. Can you imagine every news outlet doing that? Where you have to play 5 bucks a month just so you don't get news stories 24 hours later? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of news.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

For something that's a news format, it wouldn't make sense for it have a early access format. Can you imagine every news outlet doing that? Where you have to play 5 bucks a month just so you don't get news stories 24 hours later? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of news.

https://www.bloomberg.com/subscriptions

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, JDE said:

Well God bless CBC. Yo Trudeau keep funding it. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580