Consider add intro and outro to the Floatplane exlusive clips?

jameskong

Ever consider add intro and outro to the Floatplane exclusive clips?

Linus Tech Tips is like anime.
You stop watching the op and ed after like 2 episodes.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Why though? Point of them is that they are short, crap quality fast to shoot, no editing. Just like community has asked for years. If you want intro's, outro's (and ads), all the other channels are full of them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Good idea, even though i dont have floatplane.

fp exclusive clips are literally linus walking around with his phone talking to people and giving updates. 50% of the time the audio is out of sync by the end. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

fp exclusive clips are literally linus walking around with his phone talking to people and giving updates. 50% of the time the audio is out of sync by the end. 

Thats odd... syncing audio is easy

6 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Thats odd... syncing audio is easy

They dont do anything post, it's just dumped in an encoder and uploaded by linus probably. I'm assuming the video is somehow like recorded on 59.94 and then converted to true 60 or something wrong like that. 

muh specs 

All parts black

14 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

They dont do anything post, it's just dumped in an encoder and uploaded by linus probably. I'm assuming the video is somehow like recorded on 59.94 and then converted to true 60 or something wrong like that. 

Dang, id do quick daily edits... 35$ 1 hour.

Generally i do 80$ but that doesnt quite make sense for that type of thing. The last team i worked with was really impressed with how fast i pumped out our behind the scenes footage. 

40 minutes of editing, 30 minute render, final 20 minute video.

Edit: not to mention id love to make a cool floatplane exclusive intro effect.

3 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Generally i do 80$ but that doesnt quite make sense for that type of thing. The last team i worked with was really impressed with how fast i pumped out our behind the scenes footage. 

it's less of a "hey look at this cool exclusive video that you floatplaners get" and more of FP getting access to whats happening at LTT first...like look at this cool thing, video soon...look at this new set. It's meant to be a quick thing linus can immediately upload. 

His own editors are cheaper lol 

muh specs 

All parts black

11 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

it's less of a "hey look at this cool exclusive video that you floatplaners get" and more of FP getting access to whats happening at LTT first...like look at this cool thing, video soon...look at this new set. It's meant to be a quick thing linus can immediately upload. 

His own editors are cheaper lol 

Yeah generally its 36$ an hour where i am at the top end, but out sourcing is usually more expensive. 80$ ab hour is full production cost for a small crew/ editor/ equipment/ licenses/ etc. Just kindof standard where i am.

Actually hourly rates when you hire people usually isnt 36$ an hour, or 35$

@LinusTech out of sync audio comment above^^^

29 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Yeah generally its 36$ an hour where i am at the top end, but out sourcing is usually more expensive. 80$ ab hour is full production cost for a small crew/ editor/ equipment/ licenses/ etc. Just kindof standard where i am.

Actually hourly rates when you hire people usually isnt 36$ an hour, or 35$

@LinusTech out of sync audio comment above^^^

Imagine you're @LinusTech and you need a stool to get things off the fridge. 
It's friday, about wan show time, and you're about to be on time for the wan show, so you decide that it would be the perfect time to take 20 minutes to record and upload a FP vlog. Thats the idea. Anything with more time/effort defeats the purpose. If it was more than that, he'd drop it to one of the editors there. They're all capable and taran is incredibly fast. 

muh specs 

All parts black

@Syntaxvgm i mean im not saying its a bad thing, its just how it is. I havent personally seen them. 

I know id like if someone thought that of anything i made, that i knew about it.

Atleast to make an informed decision to keep it the same or change it.

I cant help myself, im a video guy. You stare at the same 12 seconds making a visual effect for 2+ days you just get a nack for flaws xD

I see it in even top notch hollywood films. Whether its a shadow on an imposed object thats just flat black and white instead of matching it the colors of the shadows in the scene... or having the wrong range on a piece of a matte painting. It just all sticks out at me like a sore thumb now.

I cant imagine how long these guys spent staring at those same clips over and over. Especially rotoscoping.

10 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

And 100% of time bad lighting and bad iPhone/OnePlus/LG/Samsung camera.

10 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

For 7min video like the last one, @TaranLMG could probably do it while on lunch break. Even when videos don't have anything to do syncing with. The point is that they are raw footage. The kind which isn't supposed to go anywhere on main channels. Its LCT quality at best, even social media snippets (usually filmed with main gear) are better in terms of quality.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

And 100% of time bad lighting and bad iPhone/OnePlus/LG/Samsung camera.

For 7min video like the last one, @TaranLMG could probably do it while on lunch break. Even when videos don't have anything to do syncing with. The point is that they are raw footage. The kind which isn't supposed to go anywhere on main channels. Its LCT quality at best, even social media snippets (usually filmed with main gear) are better in terms of quality.

Oh i thats Tarans profile. Well i can tag him in stuff now.

Yeah 7 minutes of video you could edit in 9. 

4 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Oh i thats Tarans profile. Well i can tag him in stuff now.

Yeah 7 minutes of video you could edit in 9. 

why edit it though it's him walking around with his phone no one needs this edited. Nothing is gained.

muh specs 

All parts black

22 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

why edit it though it's him walking around with his phone no one needs this edited. Nothing is gained.

Oh idk, was just saying it would be quick to edit. I get the whole no filter, this is us doing what we do thing.

However there is a lot of time people dont factor in. Pulling files, starting the programs, importing, maybe a touch of just thinking, you have to rewatch it all once you are done, render, watch again, and just like everything... ad 10%-15% for unforesen events, because thats just part of life.

2 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Oh idk, was just saying it would be quick to edit. I get the whole no filter, this is us doing what we do thing.

it would be polishing a turd.

muh specs 

All parts black

On 5/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, Syntaxvgm said:

after like 2 episodes

only 2 xD

11 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

only 2 xD

that's because episode one often doesn't have the OP 

muh specs 

All parts black