PewDiePie on Floatplane?

Mr.Humble
6 minutes ago, The Viking said:

FACTS ARE FOR MORONS!  156000344% people know that.

I congratulate you on your anger here and I'm flattered that you went through that much effort for me, really I am.  But next time just post with actual numbers without being prompted, okay?  Admittedly they are third party numbers and are of limited accuracy but it's at least something.

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

@JonoEfthy I merged your thread with the existing news thread ;)

That explains why a quoted post magically got on to the 3rd page as I loaded it...

I thought, what kind of dark magic is this, till I saw your post xD

1 hour ago, RKRiley said:

There used to be a way to search on the forums (search by user, select user group as floatplane. Can't do it anymore though, for obvious reasons) and it'd show you every member with a floatplane sub.

That function never worked for me... It showed about 1% of what I knew was on the forum...

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

I used the same exact same website, socialblade. I'm not pulling numbers from my ass, contrarely to what you guys think.

I don't see why you put words in my mouth now. I simply stated that the hypothesis was valid, but whether true or false depended on having evidence.

Just check the numbers yourself instead of making me waste huge amounts of time.

No one is forcing you to do anything. Whatever time you have spent on this topic, or anything else, was entirely your choice.

So, who was right?

You seem to take things way too personal for some reason. You may find that this sort of quest for validation from the internet hive mind can be rather unhealthy.

Oh look, now we can blame pewdiepie for the 3rd wave of adpocalypse too!!!!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cisco-systems-youtube-advertising/cisco-pulls-all-online-ads-from-youtube-idUSKBN1IB38B

Cisco's action follows a CNN report cnnmon.ie/2jOhAXZ in April that said ads from over 300 companies, including Cisco, ran on extremist channels on YouTube.

The companies may have unknowingly helped finance some of these channels through the advertisements they paid for YouTube, according to the CNN report.

Spoiler

cisco is a shit company anyway, good for them. No more NSA spying.

24 minutes ago, The Viking said:

Your rabbid defence of PewDiePie is kinda strange and fanboyish in style. o.O

On 5/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, vojta.pokorny said:

-snip-

Doesn't really fit in with the theme of LMG

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

17 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Your rabbid defence of PewDiePie is kinda strange and fanboyish in style. o.O

thanks for missing the point again.

2 minutes ago, The Viking said:

thanks for missing the point again.

When you can't get anyone else to get your 'point' it's likely not the failure of everyone else but rather in your own ability to express your point.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

When you can't get anyone else to get your 'point' it's likely not the failure of everyone else but rather in your own ability to express your point.

47 minutes ago, The Viking said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cisco-systems-youtube-advertising/cisco-pulls-all-online-ads-from-youtube-idUSKBN1IB38B

Reveal hidden contents

cisco is a shit company anyway, good for them. No more NSA spying.

how is that not clear enough?

YouTube said in a report released last month that it had deleted about 5 million videos from its platform for content policy violations in last year’s fourth quarter before any viewers saw them.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:29 PM, Princess Cadence said:

Call me whatever you want, pewdiepie doesn't even deserve the money he made, and bravo to him buying expensive shit like there's no tomorrow thinking children's addiction to his content would keep him rich for a life time... now all those cars and jet-skies needs a new owner.

I'm confused in that video how he's hurting because of youtube red. Like he isn't making more money than any other youtuber and is filthy rich. I've never enjoyed his content a bit. He seems like just a jerk

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Gotta love how strong opinions people have about PewDiePie. Especially the ones who don't watch him and in general only know about him from videos he made like 5 years ago, or what newspapers like the Wall Street journal post has written about him.

By the way, PewDiePie was not responsible for the "adpocalypse". 

It's kind of amazing how much crap people can talk without even doing a basic Google search:

The YouTube Adpocalypse is a site-wide term emerging from the March-May 2017 advertiser boycott on YouTube. The boycott arose from advertisements being played on the video, "Chief Keef dancing to Alabama N*gger", and other extremist content, leading to the UK Government, Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Johnson & Johnson, and many major brands pulling their advertisements from YouTube.

PewDiePie was only involved in the sense that he was one of many targets when mainstream media like the Washington post went on a witch hunt.

The adpocalyse started several months after the Fivrr joke, and many months before he accidentally said nigger in a live stream.

On 2018-05-11 at 10:23 PM, Jtalk4456 said:

I'm confused in that video how he's hurting because of youtube red. Like he isn't making more money than any other youtuber and is filthy rich. I've never enjoyed his content a bit. He seems like just a jerk

Did you actually watch the video? Because he doesn't say that, at all.

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Gotta love how strong opinions people have about PewDiePie. Especially the ones who don't watch him and in general only know about him from videos he made like 5 years ago, or what newspapers like the Wall Street journal post has written about him.

By the way, PewDiePie was not responsible for the "adpocalypse". 

It's kind of amazing how much crap people can talk without even doing a basic Google search:

PewDiePie was only involved in the sense that he was one of many targets when mainstream media like the Washington post went on a witch hunt.

The adpocalyse started several months after the Fivrr joke, and many months before he accidentally said nigger in a live stream.

Did you actually watch the video? Because he doesn't say that, at all.

title of the video

"IM NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY *no sarcasm*

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 hour ago, Jtalk4456 said:

title of the video

"IM NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY *no sarcasm*

So the answer to my question was no, you did not watch the video. I recommend you watch it, with an open mind.

What happened was that PewDiePie said that ad revenue was low, and that he made more money selling hats than from youtube ads. Some blogger took that quote and twisted it into "PewDiePie says he is not making enough money" so Pewds replied in that video. The "no sarcasm" in the title is sarcasm.

Anyway, I used to hate PewDiePie too. He was loud and obnoxious. But he has really changed, and often makes really good videos. If you like H3H3's old videos, you will probably like "new PewDiePie", because they are fairly similar. Here is an example.

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So the answer to my question was no, you did not watch the video. I recommend you watch it, with an open mind.

What happened was that PewDiePie said that ad revenue was low, and that he made more money selling hats than from youtube ads. Some blogger took that quote and twisted it into "PewDiePie says he is not making enough money" so Pewds replied in that video. The "no sarcasm" in the title is sarcasm.

Anyway, I used to hate PewDiePie too. He was loud and obnoxious. But he has really changed, and often makes really good videos. If you like H3H3's old videos, you will probably like "new PewDiePie", because they are fairly similar. Here is an example.

I actually did watch the video and I still hold my point. Him talking about money is similar to the leader of saudi arabia talking about not having enough gas.

image.png.f48512099883a9ffbfcea7de0336bb8d.png

He said, "It would be great if I could have that sponsor part" in relation to the idea of paying for individual channels instead of youtube red as a whole. This would create more money for him, hence the joke above about not being able to pay for the green screen. I realize this is sarcasm, but it still amounts to him complaining in my book. The fact that he proposed an idea, said how it would benefit him, and made a joke on not having enough money, that's where I'm very unimpressed with him. I would have preferred him calling out some smaller channels and saying how an open red platform with individual subscriptions (like floatplane) could help those smaller channels. Since he was busy mentioning himself and how it impacts him (making over 12 million a year), I find this video to be self serving and self absorbed and only furthers my views of him

If he wants to talk about bad choices youtube has made, that's fine, but when he tries to relate it back to his own situation, he falls flat, because he's not relatable. Well sold merchandise will always bring more revenue than ads. That's the whole purpose for ads. The superbowl ads aren't just for fun, they sell product. A hat can cost 10-20 or more while an ad view makes almost no money. If ad revenue was higher than merchandise, everyone would make buttloads of money on youtube.  And I've seen the new pewdiepie and find him more annoying than the old version, honestly

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎09 at 11:48 AM, AshleyAshes said:

It doesn't matter what the 'bigger' problem is, PewDiePie is a big problem regardless of what bigger problems there are.  PewDiePie has literally caused enough problems that he's probably cost other YouTubers, when combined, more revenues than he ever lost himself.  He is so big that the problems he cause have dramatic effects on those other than himself.  He has also proven that his tendency to fall into controversy is not a 'single mistake' but something he has done repeatedly.  In short, PewDiePie is not just dangerous but unpredictably dangerous to commercial operations.

The whole premise of Floatplane from what I understand is to cut out influence from advertisers. Linus and Luke themselves said during a WAN Show Episode that if Logan Paul wanted to be part of Floatplane, they wouldn't have anything against it. And I think that guy has caused more of a stir in mainstream media as of late, than Pewdiepie has. 

That being said, is the mainstream media going to go after LMG if Pewdiepie joins floatplane? Probably. But the real customers for Floatplane know what this whole platform is about. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

UUUUUHHHHGGGGG

PewDiePie is a confirmed racist bigot and I am very offended that you shitlords are enabling him by mentioning his name.  I am going to get in touch with the board moderators to have all of you banned, and then I will report this entire forum to the ADL to have it classified as a hate group.

It's 2015 for fucks sake!  This is not acceptable.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.