Night theme submit button

Kamjam21xx

Change the submit button in night mode so it has a box of some sort.

So like a grey background around it? I would like that, but LTT didn't make this site. It is a template site from "Invision Community", and they would have to ask the company to change it. Unless of course LTT has access to the code. Hmm.

@LinusTech

hi.

A box appears around it when you hover over it...

Why do you need another box? Is the orange not obvious enough?

Maybe add like a big red arrow pointing to it too?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sorry

***FOR MOBILE*** 

The forum is so active that i just use my phone to follow along.

35 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Sorry

***FOR MOBILE*** 

The forum is so active that i just use my phone to follow along.

Which browser you use? I think its clear enough with just orange color. I have Firefox.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I mean im not arguing if its inaequate.

A little box would make it better. 

Idk tbh

Edit: samsung internet

It has a box on the day theme, but not adding one on the night theme was a deliberate design decision (by the developer who worked on the site before me). It could be added, but I think doing so would mean that the button is either unreasonably bright on the dark theme, or it's not bright enough to stand out as a primary submission button should. The current button is styled in accordance with the material guidelines, so Google certainly thinks it's ok.

HTTP/2 203

Either way i got 2 ideas now

Red outline clicked

Grey outline unclickedd

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It has a box on the day theme, but not adding one on the night theme was a deliberate design decision (by the developer who worked on the site before me). It could be added, but I think doing so would mean that the button is either unreasonably bright on the dark theme, or it's not bright enough to stand out as a primary submission button should. The current button is styled in accordance with the material guidelines, so Google certainly thinks it's ok.

Somewhat off topic, but mind I ask why a forum site would have to adhere to Google's Material guidelines?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Somewhat off topic, but mind I ask why a forum site would have to adhere to Google's Material guidelines?

It doesn't, but the design was chosen to roughly emulate it. I mentioned it not to say that we can't change it, but to say that buttons like that are normal.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 months later...

Wow i didnt even know there was a night theme buried in that menu. Ty :P

The submit button is basically the same dark gray as the field around it for me, but the red submitreply text is visible.